ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Community vs Trogdor: Progress thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb, i went dicking around in the DTBs.
Some values from beatmatcher.dtb:

Watcher
-slop
-cheat_error
-pitch_bend_range
-ms_to_full_pitch_bend

^^ same as gh1

parser
-hopo threshold
ingame_stats
-missed_slop_threshold

The pitch bend stuff is just whammy data, the slop value is the timing window, the hopo threshold is 170/500 units for a single beat, so default is 8th triplets are ho/pos. The missed slop threshold thing, I'm not quite sure, it might cover one of the other aspects of note processing.

Beatmatch_controller.dtb only covers mapping fret button inputs to ps2 controller buttons (and there's an entry for the xbox guitar too). Beatmatch.dtb has no timing window fun, it lists all the scripting behind hitting notes. Nothing useful there.

Nothing yet for ho/po processing, nor have I found a value for doublestrum protection.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little something I put together regarding speed. If you are strumming every note, in order to achieve maximum timing window abuse, you need to strum at exactly 16.1249145201731 notes per second (fuck rounding). I was putting together a video of the strum sounds while using hopos when I realized a huge flaw in what I did. You actually have to strum FASTER from the last Y to the second B than you do if you just strummed every note. I'll keep dicking around with it, but right now it seems like hopos will be non-beneficial because in order to abuse one side, you take away from another.

Anyway, here's the video I put together. The strums are a bit clearer than preb's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LX_egSWoNw
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I left GH3 at a friends house so I was playing GH2, and decided to mess around with trogdor. I was just seeing if I could get a 100% with overstrum and I was strumming the fast notes like the fast notes in the beginning of TTFAF. My best so far has been a -3 haha. I also was doing it, got worse than a -3 though, and got a 2x multiplier with 4 more notes (as in 6 more notes til 3x multiplier). I was like O_O. Obviously I'm not a GH Guru like most of the people in this thread, so I highly doubt I will be going for the FC, but I believe in SH enough that this FC with all of these awesome players working at it could happen. Maybe not tomorrow, but sometime...
EDIT: another -3 lol. kept the combo almost through all the Ys.
Also, I can't try it on Full Speed yet because GH2 HOPOs are mean to me after playing GH3 for so long, so I can't keep combo up to the fast strumming and I can't see how much I miss in the strumming.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkAllen1988 wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:
unless you're a broke ass mofo, just buy swapmagic and do it in pal.

a PAL Trogdor FC is nothing compared to what a NTSC Trogdor FC would be. Notice Trogdor NTSC is at the top of every FC breakdown. And it is the only unFCd song in the series. You would be the first ever. Imagine how great that accomplishment would be. Even if one person can get it its not like there will be a huge burst of FCs like with Jordan and TTFAF. You'd probably be the only one for a long time if not ever. I honestly think FCing would be pure luck. There's no way someone could be consistent with using both hopos and utilizing the glitch at the same time.

i know, but seriously, who gives a shit? a trogdor fc on pal is still a totally legitimate trogdor fc. why would you spend sooooo much more time and effort to do it on ntsc? i mean, really, why not spend the time/effort to go for a gh2 fgfc? if trogdor's your last song, you're even crazier for trying to do it on ntsc instead of pal. just do it on pal and get the fgfc. it's not like you're squeezing the song for more points or anything of real benefit; it's just for scorehero bragging rights, as it were. even as such, the "glory" wouldn't last too long before the accomplishment fades; there's not a separate leaderboard for pal and ntsc, so if someone looks up trogdor scores they'll see the ntsc fc mixed in with the pal ones and won't care. furthermore, most people probably don't even know the difference anyway (especially people outside of scorehero). the hilarious thing about it is that if someone somehow did do it, there probably would be others to follow; most people don't try because trogdor is easier on pal and seemingly impossible on ntsc. but being around scorehero for so long has taught me that, if 1 person is willing to sink enough time into a goal that is "impossible" and succeeds, there will be others, especially if it gets any notable attention within the community, which it would, for a time (mostly for the first person, though). your point about being the only person to do it for a long time or ever is total speculation and has been brought up nearly, if not, every time an "impossible" song has been fc'ed. then someone else does it. it's because there are bound to be at least a few people who are about as good as each other who each spent an assload of time on the song in question. someone has to do it first, though, then the others follow. it's not that the first person proves it's possible then everyone else is like "hey wtf ima do it" (although this does happen, there are always a few people who are going for it while it is impossible) then a few days or weeks later bam! more fcs! it's just a race of sorts.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, but really guys, anyone who has tried it substaintially* is gonna tell you you're searching for the Holy Grail.

*I went at this for MONTHS and only got a -1 on practise. I really dont think its possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
MarkAllen1988 wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:

a PAL Trogdor FC is nothing compared to what a NTSC Trogdor FC would be. Notice Trogdor NTSC is at the top of every FC breakdown. And it is the only unFCd song in the series. You would be the first ever. Imagine how great that accomplishment would be. Even if one person can get it its not like there will be a huge burst of FCs like with Jordan and TTFAF. You'd probably be the only one for a long time if not ever. I honestly think FCing would be pure luck. There's no way someone could be consistent with using both hopos and utilizing the glitch at the same time.

i know, but seriously, who gives a shit? a trogdor fc on pal is still a totally legitimate trogdor fc. why would you spend sooooo much more time and effort to do it on ntsc? i mean, really, why not spend the time/effort to go for a gh2 fgfc? if trogdor's your last song, you're even crazier for trying to do it on ntsc instead of pal. just do it on pal and get the fgfc. it's not like you're squeezing the song for more points or anything of real benefit; it's just for scorehero bragging rights, as it were. even as such, the "glory" wouldn't last too long before the accomplishment fades; there's not a separate leaderboard for pal and ntsc, so if someone looks up trogdor scores they'll see the ntsc fc mixed in with the pal ones and won't care. furthermore, most people probably don't even know the difference anyway (especially people outside of scorehero). the hilarious thing about it is that if someone somehow did do it, there probably would be others to follow; most people don't try because trogdor is easier on pal and seemingly impossible on ntsc. but being around scorehero for so long has taught me that, if 1 person is willing to sink enough time into a goal that is "impossible" and succeeds, there will be others, especially if it gets any notable attention within the community, which it would, for a time (mostly for the first person, though). your point about being the only person to do it for a long time or ever is total speculation and has been brought up nearly, if not, every time an "impossible" song has been fc'ed. then someone else does it. it's because there are bound to be at least a few people who are about as good as each other who each spent an assload of time on the song in question. someone has to do it first, though, then the others follow. it's not that the first person proves it's possible then everyone else is like "hey wtf ima do it" (although this does happen, there are always a few people who are going for it while it is impossible) then a few days or weeks later bam! more fcs! it's just a race of sorts.

I just think it would be cool if someone could pull it off. I'm not a steady enough strummer or window abuser, I know I could never do it. I would just like to see someone achieve the impossible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
MarkAllen1988 wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:

I just think it would be cool if someone could pull it off. I'm not a steady enough strummer or window abuser, I know I could never do it. I would just like to see someone achieve the impossible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, speaking of steady strumming, I noticed I have a big problem.

I slowed down my strumming once and between downstrum and upstrum was about 16 nps and between upstrum and downstrum was about 12-13nps... no lie. I am incredibly uneven strumming, so I wouldn't count on an FC from me either. I'm just here to prove it's possible or find methods. :X
Pas26  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Heh, speaking of steady strumming, I noticed I have a big problem.

I slowed down my strumming once and between downstrum and upstrum was about 16 nps and between upstrum and downstrum was about 12-13nps... no lie. I am incredibly uneven strumming, so I wouldn't count on an FC from me either. I'm just here to prove it's possible or find methods. :X

That's the reason why Six and Misirlou are hard, even if they are 3 NPS under the limit. That's also why ace see no difference betwen PS2 and 360, his strumming is super steady.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will seriously cry if someone FCs this on NTSC before me..

I have PS2 PAL and I can't even FC this song.
I've FCed the solo many times, but this is the closest I've been in a real run:
(like 6 times )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwA4-UHh5U
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'll try this out. Maybe I'll get somewhere, maybe not.

Just had a -6 in the strumming (22/28). Gonna keep trying.

EDIT: -5 around 5 hours ago
EDIT2: I might've had a -4 but I missed in the easy part of the solo so it was hard to tell

Also, if by the slighest, sheerest, luckiest, craziest, chance I get it somehow luckily, I will DEFINATELY get it on camera and show the disc labeled NTSC, show that I have NO swapmagic being used (let alone, have NO clue where to/how to get it), then spend 5-10 minutes flipping my home upside-down proving it.

I suggest people do the same if they don't have a capture card either.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
fudrick  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
Also, if by the slighest, sheerest, luckiest, craziest, chance I get it somehow luckily, I will DEFINATELY get it on camera and show the disc labeled NTSC, show that I have NO swapmagic being used (let alone, have NO clue where to/how to get it), then spend 5-10 minutes flipping my home upside-down proving it.

I don't think you need to start worrying about that yet >.>

elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd at this thread title. kinda random.

5$ says strikebowler has an epiphany and FCs this on NTSC more than once
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
I lol'd at this thread title. kinda random.

5$ says strikebowler has an epiphany and FCs this on NTSC more than once
5 DOLLARS SAYS NOT A THING.

But seriously that would be great.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhat consistent -5s and a -4 today. I might be able to get a -3 but that'll probably be my wall for a LOOOONNNNG time.

EDIT: FCed solo up to the end of yellow strumming twice and had a 7-8ns out of the oranges. But both were -5s.
EDIT: FCed solo up to halfway through the blues. Still at -5.
EDIT: ^again
EDIT: -4
EDIT: ^again

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702

Last edited by FingerQuick on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23

Jump to: