Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2003041 - GH3 Score Grind Continues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are playing on the DS, I think you can actually voice activate star power. Try it somewhere you are alone. If I remember correctly blowing on/near the microphone works too. Finally found a manual for it online, it mentions it as well:

https://archive.org/details/NintendoDSManuals/GuitarHero-OnTourusaenfr/page/n5/mode/2up
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
If you are playing on the DS, I think you can actually voice activate star power. Try it somewhere you are alone. If I remember correctly blowing on/near the microphone works too. Finally found a manual for it online, it mentions it as well:

https://archive.org/details/NintendoDSManuals/GuitarHero-OnTourusaenfr/page/n5/mode/2up

Yup exactly what I'm doing on that act specifically and a few others. Only problem with the voice activation is making sure I'm not playing the game too late yelling into my DS XD. That act is just hard because you gotta hit the note a fraction early on top of it or else it just barely overlaps the first note of the next SP phrase. I've lost at least 1 run just because of the overlap (I lost a strum shortly after anyways thank gawd...)

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:

Yup exactly what I'm doing on that act specifically and a few others. Only problem with the voice activation is making sure I'm not playing the game too late yelling into my DS XD. That act is just hard because you gotta hit the note a fraction early on top of it or else it just barely overlaps the first note of the next SP phrase. I've lost at least 1 run just because of the overlap (I lost a strum shortly after anyways thank gawd...)

BTW while I'm here, RN the main songs for FC grinding have primarily been La Grange, Anna Molly, and Heaven. Youth Gone Wild, HMWYBS, and IANYGB are the most likely to get FCs on top of the 3 I've been swapping between constantly while Helicopter would need to just get lucky. I also need to get working on Jet Airliner since that *should* be another song that's FCable, but right now those are the main songs to target. In terms of just score, I need to get AYGBMG, R&RAN, and This Love worked on in particular...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I finally got the last of the soldering stuff I ordered so that'll be a fun project for Sunday. Hoping it goes smoothly for both guitars because then I can work on updating my scores on XBox again (my PS3 is so messed up....) but I can also work on getting my fretting speed and dexterity back again with PC shenanigans, though for that I need to figure out how to get Clone Hero to work begrudgingly with my PC since I get too much FPS with GH3PC. At least that would also give me an excuse to get GHL charts for whenever I do that grind again. Otherwise with the OT grind, I kind of hit a point of existentialism and stopped grinding it, but I'll probably be right back to it soonish. At least not all my skill has disappeared tho because when I was on RB3 yesterday, I managed to hit some stuff that I had never FCed like some of the Five Magic solos (there was 1 in particular that made me just pop off that I hit) and the GGaHT strumming in Solo 2 on the one run I did. At some point as well, I'm gonna need to finish off the GH collection on Xbox which would mean getting GHA, GHM, Smash Hits, and GHVH.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got the rest of my soldering stuff recently and gave it a try yesterday and ummmm.... I really hate desoldering so much XD. I only touched the GH5tars and wnded up melting the switch of the replacement when I was trying to get it out. Luckily, it turns out, the switch I was going to swap in was a totally different switch, so I didn't really lose out on much. As a result, I ended up having to put the switch that was overstrumming back in and while the solder points may not look nice, everything works. Funny thing too is the fact that it seems that the overstrumming issue I was having fixed itself when I was trying it out. Only played Talk Dirty To Me with downstrums only and didn't notice anything weird, tho I didn't wear my usual headset and the delay was wonky, but even in menus it seemed fine so good news with that all. I'll probably get back to grinding both on disc and OT stuff within this week and I'm saving the Xplorer strum switch to this next weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 360 guitar is officially fixed! I'm definitely gonna work on this more for the weekend but for today ended up getting better scores for 3 of the first 4 songs in the Bonus list. Was surprised at how good my PS3 score for Belly of a Shark actually was that I got right after my 360 guitar was OSing. Don't Hold Back is gonna be a pain mainly with Phazer II and I should've had it re-fced in this session, unfortunately the one time I hit both Phazer parts I accidentally overstrummed before the next green due to panic. It'll happen this weekend. Also ended up getting a -15 on The Way It Ends and was actually pretty consistent with the strumming up to the solo. Definitely gonna need to just grind the solo in practice because this song is pretty reachable for an FC. Point haul was only 7,424 but once I get through DHB, the points should flow.

Edit: Ok morning after, down strum switch seems to have died again... Up switch was having issues too. Gonna see if i can do anything to fix but UGHHHHHH THIS IS ANNOYING!

Edit 2: So on diagnosis, is seems the switch settled in the proper spot which lifted the solder I put down and in turn, drop connection with the actual circuitry. I remembered I had a 360 GH5tar from a Game Underground tournament that was broken and supposed to go to BrockOfBBall but he forgot, so I just stole the whole strum mechanism from that and seems to be working for the time being again. Can only cross my fingers at this point.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: