ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Preview and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Quote:
One question: are the band challenges mandatory? Because aside from when I can occasionally find people online my GH experience is very much a solo affair. (Which was precisely the reason I couldn't 100% GH5 or Band Hero >_>)

Depends a bit on what you mean by mandatory. none of the challenges are mandatory in terms of beating the quest (in fact there are no challenges in quest). IN terms of QP+ the term 'mandatory' is sort of inapt, as its like previous quickplay in terms of just being a blank sandbox in which to play and record scores/challenges. In terms of getting 2000 stars (highest # for which there is an achievement) it shoudl also be quite doable, you can get 33 stars per song without any band challenges (band challenges are only 3 of 12 challenges per song), assuming of course you can play well all instruments, and with 93 songs on the quickplay (not counting frees and DLC), you only need to average ~22 stars per song to get to 2000. (and even less if free songs and imports etc all count towards the ach which they probably will). If by 100% you mean completing every challenge on every song then yes they are mandatory, since they are 25% of the challenges in the game. its not clear to me if you need ot go beyond 2000 stars to unlock all of the thigns you can unlock by going up quickplay rank - the unlockables summary page only shows you the next rank needed to unlock somethign from that category, form what i saw.

Ok, thanks. That's what I was afraid of (I hate looking at my GH5 career and seeing '59/62 stars obtained', it just looks unfinished). At least it won't affect career mode in WoR, but it's still going to annoy me. Maybe I can get the band challenges just after launch when the most players are online.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Ok, thanks. That's what I was afraid of (I hate looking at my GH5 career and seeing '59/62 stars obtained', it just looks unfinished). At least it won't affect career mode in WoR, but it's still going to annoy me. Maybe I can get the band challenges just after launch when the most players are online.

Yeah i forget exactly how the song select screen is laid out, but i think somewhere (it might only be on the challenge screen which is one level deeper than the song select one) it defintiely says x/42 (or maybe it was x/6 and x/36, i forget).
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:

Goodluck..most DLC have challenges too.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwin wrote:
Also, did you guys get a video of Mustaine playing on Expert? Or any chart videos at that? It's great that you did this.

To clarify, when he played up on the main stage I think he was on medium (I'm being told now he was on hard). Toymachine must've seen him pick expert when he 'warmed up' on one of the side stations - I presume it didn't go well :p There were several people recording videos of that final performance, too, so I expect you'll see them hit the tubes soon.

Last edited by socrstopr on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: socrstopr
SWAG  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there too! I made videos of the full songs for the following:

I'm Broken by Pantera (Expert & Hard)
Psychosocial by Slipknot (Expert & Hard)
Interstate Love Song by STP (hard & medium)
Cryin' by Aerosmith (hard)
Bodies by Drowning Pool (hard)
Unskinny Bop by Poison (hard)

Still Uploading: Pour Some Sugar on Me (hard & medium)

GO SEE THEM HERE: http://gotgame.com/features/the-swag-show/
Overwin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
Overwin wrote:
Also, did you guys get a video of Mustaine playing on Expert? Or any chart videos at that? It's great that you did this.

To clarify, when he played up on the main stage I think he was on medium (I'm being told now he was on hard). Toymachine must've seen him pick expert when he 'warmed up' on one of the side stations - I presume it didn't go well :p There were several people recording videos of that final performance, too, so I expect you'll see them hit the tubes soon.

Oh... But it's still great when a musician is willing and able to do this kind of things. I assume we're gonna get some awesome videos soon, eh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
There are a quasi-finite number of stars (42 per song), so its probably finite (if you repeat songs without scoring any 'new' stars you dont get any more stars towards your rank). Now maybe DLC etc adds to your number of stars (it probably does).

If that is true, I am going to have the highest rank evar! :P

The game is sounding awesome, I can't wait until this game launches. My free time will be shot to shit lol
Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Expert+
Vocals: Hard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingsy PSN Name: theKingsy
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingsy wrote:
My free time will be shot to shit lol

+1. Hope no one needs me in October.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! How about those Intensity Levels? Any 10's on Bass/Vocals?

How was Bohemian Rhapsody?

Any song that pleasantly surprised you?
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
Mimming  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you pause the game and restart song during the fail animation? Or do you have to wait for the entire scene to finish and for the menu to pop up
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
Ok! How about those Intensity Levels? Any 10's on Bass/Vocals?

How was Bohemian Rhapsody?

Any song that pleasantly surprised you?

I Think I've heard BoRap is a 10 on vox, and holy wars and 1 other song are 10s on bass, somebody posted a link with info on intensities in the other mega-thread a few pages back. To be honest I wasn't paying enough attention to those to remember them.

Played BoRap on guitar, fun chart that integrates some keys parts to it, and obviously a blast to sing along with even if you aren't voxing

I also didn't know much of anything about the setlist going in, so I was 'pleasantly surprised' by just about every song I played; nothing I played seemed out of place or too boring or terribly charted etc.

Mimming wrote:
Can you pause the game and restart song during the fail animation? Or do you have to wait for the entire scene to finish and for the menu to pop up

I did not think of trying this as most of the time I was in party play with others. But I will say the rewind feature worked pretty well the couple of times I used it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means if you fail a song, if you can pause and restart during the animation that comes up (like in GH3)..they took that out in GHWT and after that as far as I know, so no reason for it to make a comeback.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:

You have to wait through the scene unfortunately.

Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants - Vox/Guitar

Last edited by toymachine on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
chocotricks  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that video up there BWoLP, FotS, TDWF, and sudden death are the 10ssssssss :3 excited
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnxk for the huge wall of texts. just read through all of it and damn i want this game more and more.

Barfo wrote:
Other thign i noticed is that inside QP+ the challenge screen is pretty deep. If you play the song normally, then the challenge awards just pop (with a little icon) as you get them. But you can also view the challenges on a song individually, and pick one to go for which will bring up a progress meter into the HUD, that basically is the same one from GH5/BH. Also, you can view each challenge individually and see your exact performance on it. So for example there was a challenge say to hold out 80 seconds of sustains in the song (number picked at random) or hit 75 tap notes (AFI song tap note solo was short but insane), then when you look at the song challenges again it will show you exactly how much you got on it, such as 74.6 seconds of sustains, or 61 tap notes hit, etc. It also shows up a leaderboards of the performance on that specific challenge. The demo units we had setup there were not set up to online, but i saw option to filter by friends, etc. Confirmed with dev that this is the case for each of the 12 challenges individually across every song of the game (and i presume also DLC etc since didnt they say old songs also would have challenges - nothing but on disc songs on the stations i played at, unfortunately).

this is really really good news. i found it very usefull in GD:RB and was wondering if it would apply to any GH games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: