ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Devil Tier 40 Star Bonus Challenge Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Devil Tier 40 Star Bonus Challenge Help Reply with quote

Hi all, So I defeated the demon of rock robot, and now I have a new challenge to 40 star the 10 devil songs. But there is a problem. I am consistently getting 39 power stars on about 5 of them. I have 40 on the others. After playing FoTs FCing the tapping, and pretty much comboing everything else besides the obvious parts, i only end up with 39. I look over on the fretboard, and its the Crowd Hyper power (judy I think). I notice that the bar raises above green and i get the 1st of 2 bonus stars, and then it never goes anywhere. Its like the game is glitched. I get the first one no problem, and then I never see the rock meter go above green with a 1000+ NS on FoTs. Is there a way to reset the bar? Like, not use star power or something? Thats the last star I need, and some how, its not working. Please help! Thanks.

BTW loving the game. Best game since GH2 days... I just wish the forum was still active. Only like 10 new posts over a new GH game? Sad
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
Honkey  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem. But I was actually about to make a thread about a similar problem I have, so hopefully someone can help us both.

Im stuck at 39 stars for black widow. I got a 930 note streak and 96% and still only 39 stars. I think the last star is a note streak star but I dont think i can do better then 930. Any tips at all from someone whos gotten 40 stars?
g0dly  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but I decided to just play the songs i couldn't 40* on bass and i got FOTS first try. If you are just desperate to get the stars you could just switch instruments lol.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed something like 980 notes on FotS to get the last star. It's something high like that, and I had to FC the whole tapping solo and then some to get it.

BWoLP needed quite a lot, too. I honestly can't remember my exact number; I'll take a look tomorrow and see.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Marbler  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need an insanely high note streak to get all 5, it goes by star. For instance, Chemical Warfare needs around 320 notes to get that star, Sudden Death needs about 260 (or close to that), and I haven't checked, but I think Black Widow of La Porte needs around 280-300. I got that on my 4th try, and it's a bitch to get. Just be sure to keep a combo from the start, and once you get your first star, you can relax. It's real easy to get these stars on the first songs, but it's really a bitch to get them on the latter ones. You have to hold a combo basically through about 12% of the notes (rough estimate).
So, good luck.

P.S: When I got my Black Widow of La Porte 40-star, I had a max note streak of maybe 500...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Robbert  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Streak Guardian stars are awarded per streak, not for one massive streak. It's done as five separate streaks, each increasing in length by roughly 10%-15% compared to the last one, and each completed streak nets a Streak Guardian+ star.

Not sure how Crowd Hyper works in that sense, but I never had any problems getting any of the Crowd Hyper+ stars, so I'm afraid I can't help. The only way to lower it, I believe is to purpose miss notes as it works like the regular rock meter.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
jakeyboy15  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does whammying help the rock meter
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Only hitting notes helps the rock meter, though you get double the help if you are under SP.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
MLGquinky  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakeyboy15 wrote:
Does whammying help the rock meter
No
obie  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go down a difficulty lol
daddylonglegs75  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that, if your game isn't glitched, that the star you are missing would be the last streak star. The 5 crowd hyper stars usually come pretty easy if you are using star power as much as you can, and even easier if you are fcing the tapping part and other stuff like that. In order to get all of the streak stars however, you have to do a little more work. The first star comes with a streak that is 8% if the total notes, the second comes at 9%, the third at 10% and so on. Unfortunately they don't build off of eachother. You aren't going to get the second star 32 notes after the first. The star progression looks like this:

FotS 3187
Star 1: 254
Star 2: 286(540 as one note streak)
Star 3: 318(858)
Star 4: 350(1208)
Star 5: 382(1590)

So really if you were going to get all of the stars in one streak you are going to need a streak that is close to half of the song. Here are the numbers for BWoL:

BWoL 3062
Star 1: 244
Star 2: 275(519)
Star 3: 306(825)
Star 4: 336(1161)
Star 5: 367(1528)

Note that the numbers might be one or two notes off but they are very close to what you will need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: