ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trueachievements.com, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!

ELementOfZero: I can't thank you enough for the help. It took me a lot of practice to get a good handle on moving stars around and your post helped IMMENSELY.

It took me a bunch of tries to get poobah. I made numerous attempts over about two weeks and no matter how focused I was, I simply could not force myself to double check every move and in my constant haste, I would ALWAYS cluster stars and eventually lose to a bomb after making maybe 80+ stars (and having only 10 or so left and maybe a couple pearls).

I decided to build the master grid to this point (the red ring is where I would try to make most of my stars). I developed this somewhat incomplete grid so I had a lot of random colors at the top to help match three when bombs dropped. Making a star resulted in this, at which point I would move the original star that dropped between the other two stars down to the bottom and then re-positioning the new star with the two stars in the upper right. I would continue making stars and stashing them away until the board looked like this, at which point I would make one last star and move it into position in the upper left to make a pearl, leaving the board looking like this. I'd then move that pearl into the very bottom row out of the way, rebuild the grid with the stashed stars, and repeat the process. I ended up storing pearls like this and in typical Sully fashion, I clustered tons of stars and completely decimated my grid trying to rebuild after the 5th pearl. I decided to just make the 6th pearl without completely rebuilding and in all seriousness, my grid looked something like this in the end. I was able to get a pair of stars together and carefully walk the pearls over to the right side one at a time. It was really harrowing at the end as I expected a bomb to fall in and end my game, but I was eventually able to get the final pearl over and rotated in to place for the poobah, which was a huge relief.

Looking at that results pic, you can tell how sloppy this run was. In well over an hour I had made 96 stars (!) and used 36 of them for the 6 pearls that then became the 7th pearl. There were 5 or so stars left at the end, which means I had carelessly clustered over 50 stars in this game alone. Bottom line: in the few weeks I worked on big cheese and poobah, I had barely developed enough skill to get the final achievement. Good enough, though!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I know exactly how it feels to fuck up the grid within the last pearl of two, unfortunately I got bombed before getting either of the achievements.

For when I got the two achievements, they were back to back 2 hour long games, I believe the first I made 250ish stars, second I'd have to check my leaderboard but it was probably around yours. The top row of the grid is really the make-or-break part. I'm surprised you lasted long enough with bombs to get the pooh-bah without it. I had to set up the bomb-defense cluster in the upper left hand corner just to be on the safe side.

Now the game should be easy for you once you get the initial few stars. I know all the really good people can start getting the grid before the second level, but I just make so many combos before I can even get to that point.

Anyway, they were among the most satisfying achievements I've gotten. Mortal Kombat vs DCU ranks with it.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread with a little update for me I guess. I am getting back into playing games. I didn't play for a really long time due to school, but now it's time to get some achievements again for me!

Recently, I picked up Assassin's Creed: Revelations from Gamefly and completed it. If there is a game you are wanting to get right now, it should definitely be this one! The game is just absolutely amazing. If you played any of the others, then you will definitely love this one. There are multiplayer achievements, but they only took me two days to obtain all of them. But achievements aside, the game is just so fun.

I also picked up Super Meat Boy from that Black Friday sale thing they had on Xbox Live. I completed it in a mere two days (yeah I know there was a lot of no lifing involved to do that, but I'm on break so who cares?). It was very difficult, but I got it quickly because I already had completed N+, which is significantly harder imo.

Now I am going to be working on Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim. MW3 shouldn't be too hard if it is anything like MW2 was. Skyrim I really don't care how hard that is at all because that game is just amazing. I can't wait until I finally get it. GoW 3 however, is going to be a major pain. I don't even know if I will ever obtain Seriously 3.0; I am about 3/4 of the way done with the beast and horde onyx medals, but other than that, I have nothing. I guess I will see if I ever find the time to grind that sucker out.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim is a fairly easy completion aside from grinding up to level 50 (if you choose not to use any cheap leveling tricksies). It's really a game to immerse yourself in though, so don't worry too much about the achievements.

ACR I might never complete because of the 100% synch achievement, that seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I really wanna get some multiplayer though, only did SP and went back to Skyrim. Both of those games had crazy high ratios on TA for a little while after release. I had 1602 TA in Skyrim before ACR came out, and 5 days later that was down to 990 something.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
GoW 3 however, is going to be a major pain. I don't even know if I will ever obtain Seriously 3.0; I am about 3/4 of the way done with the beast and horde onyx medals, but other than that, I have nothing. I guess I will see if I ever find the time to grind that sucker out.

I'm trying to get Seriously 3.0 as well. And all I have to say is have playing 18000 matches. It's a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Gears 3 pretty much exclusively since it came out. Seriously is definitely a bitch this time around. The 18k matches can be boosted in idle private bot matches, but it's still going to take hundreds of hours.

I wish Horde mode counted towards multiplayer medals- stuff like weapon/pistol/heavy weapon/explosive/fire kills, spots, assists, active reloads, etc.

I'm at 20 Onyx. I've Onyx'd all of campaign and Beast mode. Horde's 2k waves is going to take FOREVER. I've been split screening it on casual with super reload for 20 or so waves here and there to chip away. I'll have Loot Courtesan, Point Man, and Founder Onyx'd relatively soon- 2k waves will take far longer than the rest (I'm on pace for $5 million by wave 1400 or so).

CtL stuff is going to take forever. I've been boosting here and there split screen vs. casual bots but I'm not even up to 100 leader caps or rounds won as leader.

I'm level 100, mostly from a few hours of daily TDM quick match. I'm not even to 1k TDM matches, though, so playing 3k in each mode legitimately would take YEARS.

If I do finish this, it'll be a LONG time from now. Likely well beyond a year. Especially since I'm starting on other games, so Gears won't be my sole gaming focus as it has been for the last two months.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this, because microsoft has decided to Give rewards for Achievement Score

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Bumping this, because microsoft has decided to Give rewards for Achievement Score

Legend = 25k+

That's actually incredibly low for anyone who really likes getting achievements. Too bad there's no higher reward level.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who doesn't really go for achievements (minus a select few games) I'm already sitting at 19k achievement points, and getting those last 6k probably wouldn't be hard if I actually started playing xbox again.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was reading the fine print.

"* Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD) "

Microsoft is so giving!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been working on Bejeweled 2 lately. Getting the 200 GS in this is no easy task..I got to level 9 in Action Made, which was a miracle lol, and im blazing through endless mode According to the leaderboards i'm at least 2-3 hours ahead of anyone else lol. Buuut i'm only at around 57..I need to get to 281 to get the achievement =/
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
Been working on Bejeweled 2 lately. Getting the 200 GS in this is no easy task..I got to level 9 in Action Made, which was a miracle lol, and im blazing through endless mode According to the leaderboards i'm at least 2-3 hours ahead of anyone else lol. Buuut i'm only at around 57..I need to get to 281 to get the achievement =/
Friendly words of advice in undertaking such a grind (assuming you've not already come across this that is): you best be looking into how to back up your save file, mister. I didn't look into such a thing until it was too late, losing my endless mode save at level 233 a couple months ago because the game just randomly froze on me mid-match. 80 hours down the drain, I was on track to getting to Level 281 in about 120 hours, which is a damn sight quicker than the usually estimated 200-250 hours that most seem to throw out there. To be honest, I was expecting an XBL disconnect eating my save at some point.

I'm up to Level 116 now second time around, but haven't really been playing it on a daily basis like I was the first time around so progress on my end is just a wee bit slower in that regard, although on the flip side I appear to be averaging even more points per minute than I did the first time around. Fortunately the simple act of matching gems is entertaining enough to me that I wasn't honestly fussed by the initial save disappearance because all it meant was "yay more gem matching!"
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

Microsoft is so giving!

Between that and the whopping 2% discount, I feel like I wasted more money in spending the time to sign up for it. Yawn.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

Between that and the whopping 2% discount, I feel like I wasted more money in spending the time to sign up for it. Yawn.

At least you guys get something.

Offer isn't avalible in your country yet, please check back often as more country will be added.

Fuck that, I'm going to get screwed just like with RBN.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Microsoft is so giving!

After reading the reddit comments on this subject on Friday I'm fairly certain in my assessment that gamers are some of the most entitled asshat customers you can have. I get the "M$ is bad" circlejerk to an extent, but look at who they're working with here. Give gamers something for free, albiet small, and they'll still complain...

I'll agree that if they REALLY wanted to incentivize playing more games and getting more gamerscore they'd have some better prize options for the highest level (and more levels, making the highest level really high - imagine if people with 100,000 gamerscore got Free XBL Gold every year or something), but it's also free and took zero effort on your part, so hey, why the hell not do it?

Anyway, I've really been slacking on my achievement whoring lately, better catch up on a few games. Especially Assassin's Creed Revelations in time for AC3...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: