ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How old is too old when it comes to relationships?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iam1337  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
to b.vicious (lmao):

In Canada the law makes much more sense; if one of the two partners isn't an adult (18), then they can't have more than a 4 years difference. So it's 18-14, 19-15, 20-16, 21-17 then anything. Idk if this olds true if both aren't adults though (17-13 etc...). Gets ridiculous past a certain point though.

To clarify this: Taken from Wikipedia article found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_in_age

Close-in-age—while most legislation dealing with age of consent sets a single age under which sexual relations are illegal, some jurisdictions (such as Canada[11]), have adopted close-in-age exemptions. In Canada the age of consent is 16, but there are two close-in-age exemptions: teenagers who are 14 or 15 may have sex with a partner who is less than five years older, and children aged 12 and 13 may have sex with a partner who is less than two years older. In the United States, these exceptions are colloquially known as "Romeo and Juliet" laws.

Its pretty disgusting if you ask me, I wouldn't want my 12 year old cousins possibly being in a sexual relationship with anyone and especially with someone who is 14

Also OT: Age does not matter at all to me, once they hit the legal age of consent if they fall in love with someone older that is their choice not ours and we shouldn't judge them on if they have an older boyfriend/girlfriend or younger boyfriend/girlfriend
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
So it's 18-14, 19-15, 20-16, 21-17

All four of those motherfuckers would go to jail in the US lmao.

Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sister of one of my friend is 16 and went out with a guy who was 26 (She's 5'5'' and he's 6'5''). Her parentdidn't do anything out of fear of her leaving home.

That wasn't ok.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Pas26 wrote:
So it's 18-14, 19-15, 20-16, 21-17

All four of those motherfuckers would go to jail in the US lmao.

To the best of my knowledge, age of consent is determined on a state-by-state basis in the U.S. Though 18 does seem to be the threshold more places than not, yes.

I'm mostly just dumbfounded that I didn't see the "half your age, plus seven years: this is the generally accepted minimum age for your relationship partner" trope referenced anywhere in the thread. Not that it's a hard-and-fast Law of the Land or anything, but it's referenced on places from Wikipedia to Urban Dictionary and many points in-between.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for it being on a state-by-state basis, that's true. In SC the age of consent is 14, so if a 14 year old says they willingly slept with someone, even a 50 year old, than it's acceptable IN LEGAL TERMS.
Unrelated but interesting: technically performing oral sex is illegal here, as it is in several states. In fact, a man in Georgia got 5 years in prison for it, after being acquitted of a rape charge.
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...well, I was pursuing a woman who was 23. I'm 18. Didn't exactly work out, simply because I was 18 >_> I say age doesn't matter once you reach adulthood, but hey, try explaining that to some people =/.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, age of consent is determined on a state-by-state basis in the U.S. Though 18 does seem to be the threshold more places than not, yes.

True, but yeah it's 18 for the vast majority.

Vampyromaniac wrote:
As for it being on a state-by-state basis, that's true. In SC the age of consent is 14, so if a 14 year old says they willingly slept with someone, even a 50 year old, than it's acceptable IN LEGAL TERMS.

That's terrible.

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Unrelated but interesting: technically performing oral sex is illegal here, as it is in several states. In fact, a man in Georgia got 5 years in prison for it, after being acquitted of a rape charge.

Sooo... He raped a girl and ate her out? What the fuck

Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Vampyromaniac wrote:

Sooo... He raped a girl and ate her out? What the fuck

LOL Why would anyone do that?

"There was a case featured in the November 1996 issue of "Marie Claire" involving an Atlanta wife who tried to have her soon-to-be ex-husband charged with rape. She had persuaded her then hubby to tie her up and later used the bondage as a means of proving that the sex had not been consensual. Her sister came forward and informed the court of the plot against the man, but there was another twist in the story.

Although the man was acquitted on the rape charge, the man was sentenced to five years in jail for having performed oral sex on the woman. He had admitted to that during the course of the case and so he was charged and sentenced under Georgia law."

Source, with a lot of other strange sex laws in the US:
http://www.journalism.sfsu.edu/flux/gSpot/sexLaw.html

^Link is clean and very interesting, check it out.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
LOL Why would anyone do that?

I dunno... Because cunnilingus is awesome? <.<

Vampyromaniac wrote:
"There was a case featured in the November 1996 issue of "Marie Claire" involving an Atlanta wife who tried to have her soon-to-be ex-husband charged with rape. She had persuaded her then hubby to tie her up and later used the bondage as a means of proving that the sex had not been consensual. Her sister came forward and informed the court of the plot against the man, but there was another twist in the story.

Although the man was acquitted on the rape charge, the man was sentenced to five years in jail for having performed oral sex on the woman. He had admitted to that during the course of the case and so he was charged and sentenced under Georgia law."

Oh, I figured he raped someone but there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, so he had to be acquitted even though it was kind of obvious he did it, so they came up with some bullshit reason to lock him up. This is just another case of a stupid bitch who hates some guy saying he raped her to try to get him in legal trouble. I fucking hate women that do that, it should be illegal.

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:

"In Nevada it is illegal to have sex without a condom."

So what...if they're trying for a kid do they just have to fuck until they get lucky & the condom breaks?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard something pretty disgusting to me a couple days ago. A girl I graduated with in high school just got pregnant from a 15 year old. She would be either 22 or 23 by now

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
He loves to freak people out with that one.

I'll say it once;

"My father in law is 1 year older than I am."

I'm more concerned about the whole gay dad thing than the 31 year difference >___>

Save your concern, I promise we're all safe, happy, and generally content. I appreciate the concern though; I know gayness is a raging disease that kills people daily.

Sorry I had to address that haha, carry on folks
Quote:
I just heard something pretty disgusting to me a couple days ago. A girl I graduated with in high school just got pregnant from a 15 year old. She would be either 22 or 23 by now

This kinda stuff just makes me sad...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
fudrick  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Save your concern, I promise we're all safe, happy, and generally content. I appreciate the concern though; I know gayness is a raging disease that kills people daily.

Clearly you misunderstood me. I'm concerned with how a gay man becomes a father, and not concerned in the "oh my god gay people ahhhhh" way, mostly just concerned to the point of being curious.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Clearly you misunderstood me. I'm concerned with how a gay man becomes a father, and not concerned in the "oh my god gay people ahhhhh" way, mostly just concerned to the point of being curious.

Adoption? Or the father was married and decided to marry another man after he was born?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
fudrick wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Adoption? Or the father was married and decided to marry another man after he was born?

I'm sorry, I thought that would be obvious. If my husband's father is 50-ish, he grew up in a time when being openly gay wasn't really all that acceptable. He's married 4 times and only one of those was to a man. Hopefully you folks can figure the rest out, then.

But this is all terribly off topic, my apologies, I just couldn't let the comment slide without clarification. Daresay I am protective of my father in law who is an awesome person in every way.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: