ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is the best quartet to fight The Beast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: What is the best quartet to fight The Beast? Reply with quote

^

Oh, and Axel must be in my 2nd line-up, because I can't reliably pass TDWF.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formations for the beast would depend on how you see certain party members to function when playing the song. If they seem like a weak link for the team, then they would be better being moved to the other.

I can't say for sure which team works better, but let me bring it through:

Austin - Never put in the same team as Echo. Both generate Star Power, which you will need plenty of in both parts of the battle. The placement for those two is up to you, though given your TDWF situation I'd advise saving him for Holy Wars as the Star Power phrases should be a lot easier to hit.

Axel - I know you can't reliably pass TDWF, but if you want more stars, you may need him for Holy Wars. But really, only save him for TDWF if you think you can get enough stars without his input.

Casey - Which song can you combo better? Put Casey in that particular team. The bonus stars from her Streak Guardian power are a huge necessity, and it cost me a couple of battles when I realised I can't combo TDWF for crap.

Echo - Surely you can at least get at least 10 notes on TDWF hit without breaking combo? And once you get enough Star Power, it should be more than enough to try and save you from that phase of the battle.

Johnny - Works great when paired with someone who gets lost of SP. Would most likely work most efficiently when paired with Austin.

Judy - Assuming that you're struggling to keep in the green on the Rock Meter for TDWF, she seems to you like she'd be more useful in Holy Wars.

Lars - It's all about score, and if you're not sure that you can't get enough score-based stars on TDWF, use him. Otherwise, go for Holy Wars.

Pandora - No matter what, you GOTTA have her on board for TDWF. Her Supernova scores shoot through the roof, and that is one of the most important thing when grabbing the stars required for that song.

By my logic, and taking into your account your situation, the teams would probably go like this:

Holy Wars - Austin / Johnny / Judy / Casey
This Day We Fight - Axel / Echo / Lars / Pandora

This above team was almost the same as my own final formation, except that Austin and Echo were the other way round. Either way, I hope this somehow helps you get through

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Echo, Austin, Johnny, Lars

2. Axel, Judy, Casey, Pandora

The first one will keep you in SP most of the time so you will fail the song faster just in case you don't do so well in Holy Wars.

The second one has Axel to save you, Casey to keep your streak going a bit longer which will slow your failing a bit more, and Judy so that it starts you at a high rock meter.

Johnny, Lars, and Pandora don't really do anything to help in passing songs.

Edit: Ninjizzled

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify that it's more than just passing the song that's required here. You need 12 stars on Holy Wars to progress to TDWF, and 12 songs from there to move onto Sudden Death. Hence this is how I think those based on score are significantly important for the latter if you're struggling to do it well.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Let me clarify that it's more than just passing the song that's required here. You need 12 stars on Holy Wars to progress to TDWF, and 12 songs from there to move onto Sudden Death. Hence this is how I think those based on score are significantly important for the latter if you're struggling to do it well.
Holy Wars is significantly easier to get the requires stars, so use Judy (doesn't help much on TDWF!), Casey (you more than likely won't get the streak stars), Johnny, and Lars (he's only good when you're getting longer combos...50+ on TDWF! is a freakin' task) on Holy Wars (you get an easy 5 free stars from Judy and Johnny here...there's not a lot of truly hard points in HWTPD), and Echo, Austin, Pandora, and Axel on TDWF!. I can't pass TDWF! to save my life, and that's the combo I used for the quest event and got it fairly comfortably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: