ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is it wrong to kill people who deserve to die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

e) Can a person do something to devalue the value of their life?

E) Yes.

Am I done here?

Explain what can be done to devalue a life for question E in your mind.

[20:30:55] <TL> you should totally post more situations

I'll play a little bit more with guilt an innocent in scenarios now:

1) Would you end a stranger's life to save another stranger's life?

---- The following three are running under the assumption that you are the murderer and not simply choosing who dies:

2) Would you end a stranger's life to save your own life?

3) Would you end a stranger's life to save 2 stranger's lives?

4) Would you end a stranger's life to save a loved one's life?

--- End you are murderer section, now you're just choosing who lives and dies but not physically murdering them.

5) Would you end the life of a 60 year old to save a 20 year old knowing nothing else about them?

If yes,
Would you choose to end a 60 year old with 3 children and 6 grandchildren for a 20 year old with no friends or family?

If no,
Would you choose to end the life of a fatally ill 60 year old cancer ridden patient to save a 20 year old knowing nothing else about them?

6) Would you kill an innocent stranger if it killed a serial killer on the loose?

If yes,
Would you kill an innocent stranger if it killed a serial killer in jail who was not set to be executed ever?

If no,
Would you kill an innocent stranger to kill 100 serial killers on the loose?

Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of a serial killer who would otherwise die?

7) Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of someone guilty of manslaughter?

8) Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of someone guilty of 1st degree murder?

9) Would you end the life of an innocent stranger to save the lives of 100 1st degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

If yes,
Would you end the life of an innocent loved one to save the lives of 100 1st degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

If no,
Would you end the life of a 3rd degree murderer to save 100 first degree muderers? 100 manslaughterers?

Would you end the life of a 1st degree murderer to save the lives of 100 first degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

10) Would you end your own life to save the lives of 100 1st degree muderers? 100 manslaughterers?

Sorry if any don't really make sense. I'm dead tired.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:

1) Would you end a stranger's life to save another stranger's life?

Absolutely not.

---- The following three are running under the assumption that you are the murderer and not simply choosing who dies:

2) Would you end a stranger's life to save your own life?

Yup.

3) Would you end a stranger's life to save 2 stranger's lives?

Yup.

4) Would you end a stranger's life to save a loved one's life?

Absolutely.

--- End you are murderer section, now you're just choosing who lives and dies but not physically murdering them.

5) Would you end the life of a 60 year old to save a 20 year old knowing nothing else about them?

Nope.

If yes,
Would you choose to end a 60 year old with 3 children and 6 grandchildren for a 20 year old with no friends or family?

If no,
Would you choose to end the life of a fatally ill 60 year old cancer ridden patient to save a 20 year old knowing nothing else about them?

Yes.

6) Would you kill an innocent stranger if it killed a serial killer on the loose?

No.

If yes,
Would you kill an innocent stranger if it killed a serial killer in jail who was not set to be executed ever?

If no,
Would you kill an innocent stranger to kill 100 serial killers on the loose?

No.

Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of a serial killer who would otherwise die?

If anyone says yes they are stupid; no.

7) Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of someone guilty of manslaughter?

No.

8) Would you kill an innocent stranger to save the life of someone guilty of 1st degree murder?

wtf no.

9) Would you end the life of an innocent stranger to save the lives of 100 1st degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

NO.

If yes,
Would you end the life of an innocent loved one to save the lives of 100 1st degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

If no,
Would you end the life of a 3rd degree murderer to save 100 first degree muderers? 100 manslaughterers?

get some sleep; NO.

Would you end the life of a 1st degree murderer to save the lives of 100 first degree murderers? 100 manslaughterers?

No, and possibly.

10) Would you end your own life to save the lives of 100 1st degree muderers? 100 manslaughterers?

Go to sleep. NO.

Sorry if any don't really make sense. I'm dead tired.

Seriously some of these were obvious no's.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
stuff

Seriously some of these were obvious no's.

There's no such thing as an obvious no when dealing with people's lives. I was/am finding out what makes people value other's lives certain ways.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but why would you kill an innocent stranger to save a murderer's life?
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Ok but why would you kill an innocent stranger to save a murderer's life?

1) Because there's always more to the story that you don't know. That's putting a value on people's entire life based solely off of one aspect of it.

2) Maybe someone feels that a murderer's life is more valuable than someone not guilty of murder. Unlikely, but they're out there.
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not read any of this thread and I'm sure what I'm about to say has been said before, but I'm gonna say it.

I'm sure there are people who almost everyone agrees "deserves" to die (Hitler), but who is to make such a judgment? And who's to say who gets to make that judgment?

No mortal human has the right to decide that, if you ask me. I don't believe in a god either, so there is effectively no one, in my eyes, to make such judgment.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I've not read any of this thread and I'm sure what I'm about to say has been said before, but I'm gonna say it.

I'm sure there are people who almost everyone agrees "deserves" to die (Hitler), but who is to make such a judgment? And who's to say who gets to make that judgment?

No mortal human has the right to decide that, if you ask me. I don't believe in a god either, so there is effectively no one, in my eyes, to make such judgment.

C'mon man. Almost my exact words on like page 1 or 2 with this one...
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Godwin...

Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Oh, Godwin...

To be fair, this didn't have a long way to travel from the beginning.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
To be fair, this didn't have a long way to travel from the beginning.

Indeed, actually I'm impressed at how long it lasted >.>

MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. There is a ton of room for philosophical discussion regarding this subject, the inheritance of morals, right vs wrong, society and it's influence on free will and etc in terms of the killing of another human being. There is just no one willing to take the thread in that direction and it has turned into "would you kill X for Y reason?" with a few people repeating what little valuable things were said on the first 2 pages without having read over those parts.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
Twang wrote:

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, no one read my first post in the thread either.

Speaking of which, I meant to put this in my first post but forgot.
Vampyromaniac wrote:
That being said, I'm not 100% of anything other than the fact that I exist. I am not even 100% sure that the world in which we live exists, or that you exist, etc.

This guy is a fan of Descartes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
I disagree. There is a ton of room for philosophical discussion regarding this subject, the inheritance of morals, right vs wrong, society and it's influence on free will and etc in terms of the killing of another human being. There is just no one willing to take the thread in that direction and it has turned into "would you kill X for Y reason?" with a few people repeating what little valuable things were said on the first 2 pages without having read over those parts.

I have a point for all the would you kill X for Y. I'm getting to it later. That, and I was asked to post more. I'm basically determining what value people put on other's lives and why to see if there is an empirical way to decide who should die and why.

In the mean time, why not initiate the discussion you believe there is a lot of room for, Norm?
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
Twang wrote:

Ha. Hey, I told you I didn't read the thread. Not that I don't think it would be worth it, I'm just feeling extra lazy today. This is also a subject I don't really feel strongly about one way or the other. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, though.

Though, I might read through it tomorrow and pull a decent reply out of my ass. There have been a couple threads I've wanted to get in to, but I've been too distracted by other goings-on this weekend.

Also, I feel I'm going slightly off-topic. Much apologies.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
In the mean time, why not initiate the discussion you believe there is a lot of room for, Norm?

Been tryin, but no one takes the bait.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: