ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rhythm Gaming at MLG 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Rhythm Gaming at MLG 2011 Reply with quote

EDIT: New thread about Guitar Hero at MLG here: CLICK ME

I made a post about this in the DJ Hero section, but this applies to Guitar Hero fans as well. This week, on vVv Gaming's The Loser's Bracket podcast, I helped to interview the CEO of MLG, Sundance DiGiovanni. During this interview, Sundance mentioned that the league is exploring rhythm gaming and that Activision is particularly interested in DJ Hero 2 making an appearance in the 2011 season.

What we need from the rhythm gaming community to make this happen:

-Spread the word! The more people who know about this, the better the chance it can happen. Let Activision and MLG know you want to see DJ Hero (or a rhythm/music game in general) at an event.

-Give suggestions for how the event should be run! The more information the better. Rules, set up, anything that can make a difference in the quality of the event. Remember, MLG has never run a rhythm game and as such this is new territory for them. I will pass this thread along to Sundance so that he can see your feedback.

-Show up! If the game does make it into an event, we need to make sure the attendance is stellar. The bigger the attendance, the better the chance we see more national level rhythm gaming tournaments in the coming years.

-Last but not least, show the world why the rhythm gaming community is special! Smash Bros Brawl was taken off the MLG circuit partially due to the controversy that arose from top players being shady and splitting prize pots for guaranteed winnings. Play with intensity and play to win, but shake hands and stay friendly after a match win or lose.

The reason I post this here is that MLG has looked into Guitar Hero in the past, but Activision has never jumped on the idea of the game at MLG. Lets show them that it's a great idea! Warriors of Rock would be an incredible competitive title... lets see if we can make it happen!

If you want to listen to the full interview with Sundance, click here for a link to the podcast on vVv Gaming's website.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png

Last edited by Vertiggo on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Rhythm Gaming at MLG 2011 Reply with quote

Vertiggo wrote:
The reason I post this here is that MLG has looked into Guitar Hero in the past, but Activision has never jumped on the idea of the game at MLG. Lets show them that it's a great idea! Warriors of Rock would be an incredible competitive title... lets see if we can make it happen!

If you want to listen to the full interview with Sundance, click here for a link to the podcast on vVv Gaming's website.

I would SO love for that to happen.... I would love it even more if I lived in the US and could actually play it..... as long as there is a bass/FB section lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a rhythm game that needs to be in MLG it's WoR, hopefully this can happen. However I can't believe they are seriously considering DJ Hero 2. While I'm sure it's a great game the competitive community isn't even on the same atmosphere as Guitar Hero.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/2061/what-can-we-do-to-get-guitar-hero-in-major-league-gaming/

Hopefully this draws attention to the cause \m/
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has done PFO on DJ Hero, they would realize how fucking awful it is to do competitively. 20 minute songs where one player is playing for about 75% of the song? No thanks. Push for WoR.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly they should and could do Guitar pfos on GHWOR and full band pfo's as well, which would be incredibly competitive to say the least. GHWOR is our first truly competitive game since guitar hero 3, I'd LOVE to see this at MLG instead of it just being a 'side event'.
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vVvDan wrote:
Clearly they should and could do Guitar pfos on GHWOR and full band pfo's as well, which would be incredibly competitive to say the least. GHWOR is our first truly competitive game since guitar hero 3, I'd LOVE to see this at MLG instead of it just being a 'side event'.

well the one primary advantage to it being a side event is that it won't be streamed (or even if it is a main event, it depends on if they can get permission from activision to stream it) and then there will be no need for HDTVs, which means no lag for anyone

but if it is streamed I hope they refrain from streaming HD videos just to avoid the lag problem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like rhythm games I can't see this happening anytime soon, from what I've heard about MLG they don't make changes fast at all, they take any proposals into consideration over and over again. Even though we're in between seasons right now they're probably in the final planning stages for next season.

And because of this, by the time MLG would be able to orginise any sort of GH competition there would be a new game released, which raises so many more problems. Thats not complaining about the rate at which new games are released either, its just very likely to be true.

Also, it really does seem like interest in rhythm games is starting to decline slightly after it peaked over the last year or two. So now would be the worst time for this. Maybe last year or, even better, two years ago would have been the best time. When rhythm games were at the height of their popularity.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
well the one primary advantage to it being a side event is that it won't be streamed (or even if it is a main event, it depends on if they can get permission from activision to stream it) and then there will be no need for HDTVs, which means no lag for anyone

Actually, I doubt they would ever be able to stream any music game because of the music. This is the same reason that WCG isn't able to stream all the GH matches, which is really a shame.

Anyway, I agree that WoR is definitely the greatest competitive game, by far. I really hope this happens, but we're definitely going to have to show that the competitive rhythm gaming community isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing about DJH2 is that there is still a lot of room for competitive growth. That said I think there is a strong base for WoR competition so it should be the kickoff but I think DJH will have a place in the future.
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
BigE33  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am already a big supporter of MLG and such so this sounds like good stuff
bkeys15  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want guitar hero on GB for rank. fuck the gaming events

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkeys15 wrote:
i just want guitar hero on GB for rank. fuck the gaming events

Fuck you. Go to an actual LAN event, and see how much fun you will have. Going to MLG/WCG/MGC events have been some of the best experiences of my life. If you would rather sit at home on a computer and play a meaningless competition for nothing than go out, hang out with awesome people, and win money, then I don't really know.

For most of these things, the competition just happens to be an excuse to go out and travel and justify paying for the trip. At MGC, I spent maybe 3 hours even thinking about GH. And I happened to win $5,000 dollars.

People like you piss me the fuck off. These events are fun for the competition and even more so for the people. The gaming community can't get any respect from outside observers if people would rather jack off in their own room and try to impress faceless internet names than go out in a public environment, let other people see the competition, and interact face to face with people.

Seriously, fuck off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: