Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Year's Resolutions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: New Year's Resolutions Reply with quote

So, another year, another time to bust out the resolution list with all it's scratches and revisions. What have you been planning to do this coming year?

Me, it all stems from this past month. The winter break from college has put a toll on my body, not for the better. I gained 15 pounds putting me to 250lbs (though it feels like a lot more) and it visibly shows. I guess what I want to do is lose that weight I gained. By the end of the year, I want to get down to 225, but also have regained some muscle lost from not lifting in the past few years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never...drink...again....bleh :/

and to actually apply myself in school, thats about it

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1280 x 768

/overused joke

I was never one for New Year's Resolutions, so I don't really have one. *shrug*
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch more films (I have seen literally under two dozen films ever).
Save up for a cheap drum kit and learn to play.
Defuse the ongoing hostile situations between the entirety of my uni's RAG committee (which is a huge part of my life).

None of these should be difficult, except the last which is either going to be effortless or impossible, as such things often are.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My New Year's resolution is to do everything I can do increase my chances of getting accepted into Yale. I'm only a junior now, but my senior year is partially in 2011, I guess. So, specifically, I need to make sure I keep my grades perfect, (which isn't much of a hassle, I'm used to this) do some community service (seems like it would be good to be involved in the community, would look good on the application), and... not sure what else. I feel like my standardized test scores are high enough, so doing better on that isn't part of my new year's resolution...

I suppose that's all I'm going to be focusing on this year. I was sort of doing all of this already, so it's not much of a resolution. Lol.

Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My resolution is to get in shape (I'm not over or underweight), but I want to have some muscle tone. I want to join a gym for starters. I also want to get into cycling as a hobby (been wanting to for the past couple months).

Also, I have a few other goals such as get a new car, new apartment, and new tv. But those are just minor goals. Right now, I'm more focused on getting my body to feel like it's 26 instead of 36.

Last edited by Davers on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Actively pursue a relationship with someone I have in common and admire very much. There's three people I know of that fit this description. One is engaged to someone else who is basically me but with long hair; one is essentially engaged with the exception that neither of them believe in marriage; and the other just simply doesn't like me that way. Of course, all three women live in my dorm, which says more about how hard I have (not) been trying than anything else.
-Continue to get into better shape.
-Give a damn about school and therefore make the Dean's List instead of BS-ing my way through the semester to get just "Academic Distinction".
-Land a high school coaching job, an RA position, and/or an editorial position with the school newspaper.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy more figurines.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine are going to be probably about the same as any other out of shape single guy

1. Get in better shape
2. Get the girl

O and FCing Jordan too, it's taking way too long
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to actually learn to play a musical instrument, specifically this old keyboard that we've had since... well, I really have no idea =/. In any case, I thought it might be something I could enjoy. I like typing on a computer keyboard, and thought some of that enjoyment could translate to a musical instrument or something... it's not as big a stretch as thinking one could enjoy playing a real guitar over Guitar Hero, is it ?

EDIT:

Oh, and what sadied0g said XD.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna do the generic lose weight, however it's going to be slightly different than most people's. I lost 40 lbs last year (and yes losing weight was my new years resolution last year as well), and I'm damn proud of myself (here's a before and after picture for those who give a damn lol http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150105400531514&set=a.38187471513.62948.622521513)

So my resolution will be to maintain this weight that i have now (190-195) through winter, and once spring/summer comes, lose another 10-15 lbs, and then proceed to stay that weight for as long as i can.

i guess i should try to apply myself harder in school, it just seems no matter how many times i tell myself i will, i never do, so it just seems pointless =/

i'm about to enter a relationship with this girl i've been pretty much dating without the title for the past month or so, so my resolution for that will be to be the best bf i can be (i always do my best), but unlike my last relationship (which ended terribly), remain smart about everything, and realize that i deserve the best because i strive on being the best, and i should expect nothing less.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a different route and say my resolution is to GAIN WEIGHT. =OOOO

Standing at a solid 135 lbs right now. <333
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
I'm gonna take a different route and say my resolution is to GAIN WEIGHT. =OOOO

Standing at a solid 135 lbs right now. <333

I actually need to do this also. I only weigh 97 pounds. That can't be healthy.

Any tips on how to gain weight, anyone?

sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaining weight is easy...

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
Well mine are going to be probably about the same as any other out of shape single guy

1. Get in better shape
2. Get the girl

EXACTLY THIS

Plus something else more personal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: