ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jellu: GH H Guitar FSFC! Jordan Solo B+C FC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're making really nice progress and fast. -1 on SB is really nice !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and Vertigo getting your respective FCs in nearabouts the same timeframe would be mind-blowing. Keep at it, Jellu!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, gogo Satch Boogie FC! It sounds like you really only need to get lucky with solo D once and the FC is yours. I definitely think Satch is one of the easiest "impossible" songs, since I came pretty close myself, lol.

I haven't posted in your thread in quite some time, you've done so much in the last few years! Speeding, TTB, IYWP, etc... crazy stuff, keep it up
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! With Satch Boogie, I have managed to FC Solo D another time in practice. And like alex said, the idea is to FC it once on a real run and get the FC although my Solo E and F skills have gotten worse... waiting for a good day on those for the serious grind.

In other news, have spent the weekend at parents' place agian and grinded some Trogdor and BatH with little results (got 4 notes from the end on Troggy hard once, though). However, whenever I got tired of the stupid GH2 I popped in GH3 on PS3. Managed to get Red Snake AND Bridge 1 today, and that's pretty crazy considering how long I'd been stuck where I was

So with that, I'm now missing only NINE (9), sections in the series (excluding GH1 due to lack of practice mode), meaning less than 1 per game on average. Also, with these two I also got to the point where I'm missing max. 1 section/song in the whole series

So here are the missing sections:
Jordan Solo C
Trogdor strumming
BB strumming
GH3 One FSA
GH3 TTFAF Twin solo
GHM One FSA
Hits TTFAF Shred to Glory B
ItO solo 2a
CW Solo 1

Twin solo seems like the easiest one, especially considering I've gotten multiple FCs outside ascending trips (apparently you can always count on ascending trips to screw me over...). Other than that, it's getting pretty crazy. Trogdor I'll hopefully get once on a real run. And my younger brother VertigoMan still has BB over me but unfortunately that one is not really my cup of tea :/

So here's my Bridge 1 ending method:
-
- 21312121 repeated 3 times, elbow strummed the orange and the last 3 strums before this part.

Here's the fast trill:
-
- 32323211212 and then switch ring finger on the blue during the trill and one-hand the ziggy

For the snake, I just tapped the YBBOOO (yes, just one Y) and one-handed the rest, putting emphasis on pressing R for a long enough time

EDIT: btw also FCd FSA on slow today

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in to the sane stuff right there.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on more epic section FCs. It's pretty cool to keep track, especially when you have so few left . I've recently been keeping better track of my own and it's been pretty fun.

TTFAF of course is a big step from a tech FC to full song, but definitely still awesome. It'd be nice to see some of your other tech FCs turn into whole FCs soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been looking through your FCs and "recent" (past year-ish) accomplishment posts. Please FC Jordan C... and Twin Solo...

Jokes aside, very good job. It's nice reading your methods too. That's B1 ending method is crazy good, Master-Tesuch showed it to me way back then and I still use it to this day.

If you want I can share the methods I used for some of the sections you have left. I found it works pretty well to put some work into a section, then check out how other people go about playing it, and see if you can implement some of it into your own method.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
So I've been looking through your FCs and "recent" (past year-ish) accomplishment posts. Please FC Jordan C... and Twin Solo...

Jokes aside, very good job. It's nice reading your methods too. That's B1 ending method is crazy good, Master-Tesuch showed it to me way back then and I still use it to this day.

If you want I can share the methods I used for some of the sections you have left. I found it works pretty well to put some work into a section, then check out how other people go about playing it, and see if you can implement some of it into your own method.

Pls, Jordan C is like impossible it's just overall difficult due to GH2 (and maybe the frets on my controller flicker a bit at times, which just destroys GH2 and 80s solos), but basically I think I know what I want to do in it. The only part I have never FCd is C2, the beginning is just too fast.

Twin is pretty easy-ish outside the ascending trips, I don't think there's a secret method to that. So outside maybe Jordan C2 I think some tips for Shred to Glory B would be appreciated. Edit: oh and CW since I heard you're pretty good at that :)

And thanks JG and Vertigo, TTFAF GH3 FC is never happening for sure. But tech FC would be really nice

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Please FC Jordan C... and Twin Solo...

Roger.

But seriously though, progress is slow when I can only play while staying at my parents' over the weekend. But this time I at least got something done. First, I reduxed some GH3 scores since I now have a perfectly functioning PS2 guitar. Most important step there was La Grange 256,820 points (https://i.imgur.com/30jA8qx.jpg) for PS2 1st and global 4th place only WiseMoose has gotten the last act and then 2 more people have gotten a few extra ticks (and I guess the ticks would be possible for me, too; the squeeze is not), and only about 20 have tied with my score. So yeah, this is possibly my best achivement in terms of squeezing (or at least up there with like BTN20xx and Stacy's Mom). But I think this alone wasn't worth bumping, so I had to do something more...

So, I have been doing grind sessions on Twin Solo ever since I hit B1 and Red Snake, in total multiple hours over multiple sessions. The real bane of my existence there were the ascending trips. Today I really got past them for the first time ever. Had to do it 4 times for the FC. I have gotten pretty ok at the ending (FCd it twice in a row on real runs, for example), but under pressure I managed to screw it up a few times. I'm so relieved to finally get this. I think the next easiest one (out of only 8 remaining sections!) is CW Solo 1, where I got multiple -3s today. Will surely be faster than Twin Solo if I really go for it.

So, I guess I'll post the methods again for the top 2 hardest parts. This is for the POV of someone who's nowhere near good enought to go for full song FC. So maybe some tips what other people with similar skillset can try. Especially the ending method feels pretty good.

1: The ascending triplets.
So, for a long time I couldn't get anywhere with these. I hoped to fluke them once and then get the FC on that one try (like I did with the Hits version). If I anchor the yeallow, I just can't seem to transition from one handing to tapping without screwing up either the rhythm or the fretting, or in most cases, both. So then VertigoMan tried it and realized it's actually slow enough to one-hand (he also one-hands IYWPPFW synth solo). I tried that and, surprisingly, could actually keep the combo longer more consistently. However, this had two major downsides: 1) it was really difficult to transition out of it into the double strum part (not sure why, but I actually never managed to do it even once); and 2) it's really tiring for your hand. But at this point, I had a realistic way to go for the fluke FC. However, today, I managed to find a way to (albeit inconsistently) transition from one-handing to tapping. I downstrum the stuff before like normal, move my 3rd finger on the orange, and then play the first 2 triples without anchoring. This is short enough to not really exhaust your hand and gives enough time to move into tapping position. Then I start anchoring Y and simply tap the oranges, and finally elbow strum the Y and B. With this method, I got past this part 4 times in approximately 20 minutes or something, i.e. enough times to get the FC.

2: The ending
This part was actually pretty fun and interesting, and like I said I got good enough at it to FC it twice in a row while going for a new HS. For the first YRYRY trill, it's useful to think that you can't really go too fast (if you start on time), so play it one-handed as fast as you can and then hit green early. So here's the fretting (the spaces between numbers don't mean anything, they are just for syncing the cart and fretting in this post):
-
-21212111 211232121 2121211211321 211211321211211
I think the transition into 3rd position is very easy to learn, and doing the trips like this helps to move the anchoring finger on time. If you're fast enough you can just tap them all, but that's how I ended up choking there a couple of times. This is pretty easy once you learn the rhythm.

I then also got TTFAF 824k, not a great run but I don't mind. I guess the FC is now technically possible so gogo TTFAF FC? xD no but seriously, I hope to get Sudden Death at some point, would be cool to finish off the WoR PS3 community FGFC

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all... no one has FC'd SD on PS3? lol

Secondly, GG on the TTFAF tech FC! It's a little crazy to me that Twin was the last to fall, since even I've hit it haha. Bridge 1 and Snake are way too hard :(

As for your method, it's certainly unique. I just one-hand the ascending trips and strum through the end and pray haha. The descending trips at the end I use (21) for all of them, works pretty well.

Only 8 sections left... pretty nuts. I have 14 left and everything is so hard haha. I still can't believe you only have one more FC than me. You should have at least 645 imo. I know GH2 can be kind of stupid sometimes but given that you're on PAL 63/64 should be more than possible for you
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That second half of twin method seems pretty cool, I might have to try it. I'm too slow for the first half, but I feel like I could do the second.

Congrats on getting closer and closer to full series tech FC

SD next? Seems like a monster, but I guess when you only have so few songs left, there aren't many better options. Hopefully it won't be too tough of a grind

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
First of all... no one has FC'd SD on PS3? lol

Secondly, GG on the TTFAF tech FC! It's a little crazy to me that Twin was the last to fall, since even I've hit it haha. Bridge 1 and Snake are way too hard :(

As for your method, it's certainly unique. I just one-hand the ascending trips and strum through the end and pray haha. The descending trips at the end I use (21) for all of them, works pretty well.

Only 8 sections left... pretty nuts. I have 14 left and everything is so hard haha. I still can't believe you only have one more FC than me. You should have at least 645 imo. I know GH2 can be kind of stupid sometimes but given that you're on PAL 63/64 should be more than possible for you

Well I thought doing over 20nps ascending trips one-handed would be the weird method yeah I did (21) at some point, too. Works fine when you have the speed.

How do you still miss 14 sections (or 13 after the recent Trogdor development, I guess)? Seems like a few too many with your skills

As for the SD and PS3 issue, it is definitely surprising that it's the last one left. But I think SD requires a very spesific skillset and may be annoying to some top players, mostly due to Verse 2 (e.g. Abyssion just recently got it and he's incredibly good at this game). Moreover, it's not like there are that many really top players (in terms of FC count) on PS3 now that this game has dropped in popularity. In WoR multiple players have the 89 "easy" ones on PS3, Peach got CW and FotS ages ago since he's a beast and then VertigoMan got BWoLP somewhat recently, and I know he's also solid at Verse 2 but worse than me in Solo B, plus he's not really active. Then kingchevy7 took my SD first place recently, I guess he's the most likely person to get it first?

JohnnyGrey wrote:
That second half of twin method seems pretty cool, I might have to try it. I'm too slow for the first half, but I feel like I could do the second.

Congrats on getting closer and closer to full series tech FC

SD next? Seems like a monster, but I guess when you only have so few songs left, there aren't many better options. Hopefully it won't be too tough of a grind

SD and SB are pretty much the only possible ones in newer games so maybe. Depends on my GH2 motivation. And probably won't be that hard of a grind on a good day with proper warm up, I think the song is pretty cool as long as I don't have to constantly practice solo A+B, which can be very tiring. And that Twin method sure is cool

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Please FC Jordan C... and Twin Solo...

Roger x2

So, I came home for mothers' day this weekend and got to play again. Played basically only GH2. I now have a perfectly functioning guitar, which shuold really help with the FCs... Haven't gotten the feel for Trogdor with it previously but today felt better, although no FC yet. BatH didn't go anywhere... So my main grind ended up being Misirlou. The intro went a lot better than last time, but overall not my best Guitar Break day. 1 or 2 runs past guitar break 1, both died before break 2. I had no real warm up and althoug hstrumming was surprisingly effortless, my right thumb (and to lesser extent index finger) really didn't like that grind. I have to put a lot of emphasis on many strums and therefore the strumming is very taxing compared to stuff like trogdor, BatH and SD. I'll try again later, I'd say this is clearly the most overdue one.

I hadn't exactly given up on Misirlou but I played some Jordan solo C during breaks and finally figured out C2: just one-hand it (tapped the mini YBYB trill on some runs). FCd it for the first time ever today, maybe 5-8 times total. The ending of C3 was surprisingly the other major issue, I just didn't seem to get the rhythm down one-handed so ended up tapping BY and O there. Got a -6 there and then pretty quickly the FC without C4 chokes. Earlier I said CW Solo 1 felt like the easiest one but after some effort into Jordan C, I have to admit this was way easier, in a different league actually. May I have been overrating this and BiM earlier due to a bad guitar with flickering fret inputs (you can imagine how well that works in fast solos in GH2/80s...). I'm not saying Jordan is possible, but BiM could be.

GH2 was the last game where I was missing more than one section (again, not counting GH1 for this section stuff, although there, too, I should have everything outside BatM fast solo). GH3 and 2 (and at the same time, TTFAF and Jordan, some real classics) fell almost back to back, and I'm very happy with that.

Here's the remaining list:
Trogdor strumming
BB strumming
GH3 One FSA
GHM One FSA
Hits TTFAF Shred to Glory B
ItO solo 2a
CW Solo 1

I think CW Solo 1 doesn't belong in this group. I have 3 -1s currently, one in the zigzag and 2 in the following triplets. Then I have to say it's very hard to evaluate how realistic Trogdor is. Especially since I play it more on hard than expert. After that, it really starts to get tough

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
How do you still miss 14 sections (or 13 after the recent Trogdor development, I guess)? Seems like a few too many with your skills

Well for one thing that is 13 including BatM solo. Not counting that I'd be at 12. I also have BB 1b which you don't have yet. The 7 I'm missing that you aren't are:
Jordan solo B
Jordan solo C
TTFAF Bridge 1
TTFAF SFA3
Satch solo F
SD solo B
FotS solo I

Of those, SD and FotS are probably the easiest, followed by maybe SFA3 and Satch solo F. Jordan solo B might also be doable, but solo C and TTFAF bridge 1 are really hard :p

That being said, congrats on the solo C FC! Jordan tech FC is pretty amazing. I could totally see you FGFC GH2 somewhere down the road. Especially since you seem to be making decent progress on misirlou, and BatH/H18/Trog have always been possible for you.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for another technical FGFC! And this is one that pretty much came out of nowhere last weekend, I was playing like CW solo one and randomly trying to FC ItO solo on slow, but mostly just chilling. Then, at the end I put in GHSH and tried Shred to Glory B yet again. since the section is just 71 notes long, and the latter half is really easy, it's the type of section that you think you could just fluke, until you actually try it xD

However, I figured I could try using multiple fingers for tapping, and pretty quickly found some success. The biggest proble was the yellow tapping near the end, the transition to that seemed like pure luck. I went home and thought about it llittle every now and then and came up with an improved method:

-

Anchor green all the way until the last orange, anchor yellow where appropriate. Be very fast. Basically play the first 5 notes "separately" and pretty early, then think of the rest as ascending triplets until the two finger tapping into the end part (transition looks way harder than it is, just go with the flow). Also, this method seems very difficult on slower and slowest, so you may have to jump right into the deep end to get this one.

Pretty short and sweet. Faster than either Twin solo or Jordan C for sure. I have also played CW solo 1 quite a bit and gotten like 5 -1s, FC there is definitely possible. Also a new Hits TTFAF HS, 846k. Still missing all over the place, but not exactly terrible anymore.

The obvious next question is: FC when?!?!?

...and the even more obvious answer is: never.

On an unrelated note, I now have around 10 FCs of Satch Solo D (probably just below that, I haven't exactly counted them anymore), one of them on a real run. As you can guess from the lack of update, I choked, first on Solo E (have since created a better way to hit the fast BOB, my current FC streak there is around 30), and then absolutely bombed Solo F. It's unfortunate how I have lost my Solo F skill as I have learned to hit D every now and then. Still my most likely FC in the newer games though, SD would require way more commitment and everything else is just impossible atm.

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I've never hit Shred to Glory B, although I've never really tried too hard. And I've never hit Satch D, which I have tried quite a bit (method please?). Crazy stuff...chokes are just painful at this stage, I feel your pain on that.

Misirlou?! There's a big gap between that and the rest of your missing songs IMO.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 37 of 40

Jump to: