ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Duke Nukem: Forever release date announced + Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt6662  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Duke Nukem: Forever release date announced + Trailer Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw&feature=player_embedded

I've been waiting 9 years for this thing to come out. Is anyone else excited as I am about this game?

EDIT: Silly me, for those who can't watch the trailer, it's slated to come out May 3rd.

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.

Last edited by matt6662 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusPayne  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 years? That's it? By that point, it had already been 4-5 years in the making, and I had given up on it. And now, it's a shadow of what it would have been 14 years ago.
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks surprisingly awesome, and if the whole game is this ridiculous and has as many one-liners as the trailer, then ill be buying this shit fo sho.

And yea, after 9 years it better be pretty damn good

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that trailer actually looks really awesome, but as our friend at zero punctuation, has already said, unless it is the single best game in the universe, it wont be worth the wait, luckily I was never really waiting and I think it will be fun as hell regardless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not expecting it to be the best game ever, I just want a crazy shooter with crude humor and great one-liners...As long as it brings that, I'm cool with it lol

Also, this trailer needs more Megadeth and/or Duke Nukem Theme lol
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nVwNrH4gqQ
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Balls of Steel edition makes me wanna get it. oh dear lord, i so remember playing Duke Nukem on my good old pc.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_oxuU1r7FM

I think they did this as a joke to go along with the joke. I think its completely done... just stringing people out. XD
conlan22  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think your right about that.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So theres a demo out now, atm its only for people who bought BoarderLands GOTY edition but you can go check it out on youtube etc.

I didn't have high expectations for this game, especially with the long wait etc, but the demo just looks and plays.... distinctly average. Theres absolutely nothing special about this game. To me it just looks and feels like an average modern FPS with a Duke Nukem skin and some one liners thrown in. Plus it has annoying decisions such as only being able to carry 2 guns at a time, which to me is counter to what Duke Nukem was about, which was blowing up stuff with a butt ton of guns.

TL:DR I'm sticking with my copies of Serious Sam and waiting in hope SS3 will be what I wanted from DNF.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the setup and jokes alone are worth playing it, but yeah, it's certainly not the most amazing game. Could've used some better animation work and some areas don't really look up to part for a current gen game. The first area in the stadium looked good, but then the canyon area looked REALLY bland. Since this is an older demo, things could be better in the main release or at least tweaked.

And while Serious Sam 3 looks good, I got a feeling it's nothing more than the same old Sam with way more realistic graphics. I think it should've stayed somewhat cartoonish in a way. Maybe stylize things a tad, like Borderlands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: