ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Huge bug on GH WoR!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo11o2  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Huge bug on GH WoR!!! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxNnmSxAUSQ

What do you think?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you didnt squeeze the last green. you're missing 200 pts, which if you had it, would make 80276. 56pts over his 80220 pts run. you can see this at 3:11.

EDIT: after watching it like 20 times. you defenetly squeezed it. sorry.

Last edited by Cabanon on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
Lo11o2  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
you didnt squeeze the last green. you're missing 200 pts, which if you had it, would make 80276. 56pts over his 80220 pts run. you can see this at 3:11.

I squeezed the last green
Robbert  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

Both notes show a blue colour when hit, so I doubt he missed the squeeze.
Somehow, the right player has 144 points more right after the first chord. Assuming that the videos are synced perfectly, the right player also hit the first G sustain later than the left player, because the left player had already accumulated 8 points at the moment the right player hits the note.

If you look closely, you'll see that the right player was still accumulating ticks after hitting the chord, but I don't think that hitting it that split second later does that.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
Lo11o2  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbert wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

Somehow, the right player has 144 points more right after the first chord. Assuming that the videos are synced perfectly, the right player also hit the first G sustain later than the left player, because the left player had already accumulated 8 points at the moment the right player hits the note.

If you look closely, you'll see that the right player was still accumulating ticks after hitting the chord, but I don't think that hitting it that split second later does that.

Maybe he hit later than me the green sustain, but he can't get 144 points more than me only with reverse tick squeeze
Robbert  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo11o2 wrote:
Robbert wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

Maybe he hit later than me the green sustain, but he can't get 144 points more than me only with reverse tick squeeze

That's what I thought. So, how do 36 more ticks end up at the end of his green sustain?

Is there a difference in the console used? Similar to how Wii vocals score more points than non-Wii vocals on WoR.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the score difference is because the green sustain wasn't held completely until the end?

And random side note: Comic Sans MS >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Fug  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarecrow and I did some discussing on this and we think it'd make more sense that the copy of the game itself determines whether it happens or not, not the TV. We have no evidence to back that up, of course. Maybe someone who has this happen to them frequently should borrow a copy of someone who doesn't get this glitch to happen at all and see if it happens to them again. That'd rule out the game copy affecting it.

Also, has everyone that's had this happen been on PAL? I only know of ukog and SWITCHONIK94 having it happen and idk if the latter is PAL or not.

And maybe this would be a good time to explain the similar glitch you can use on extended sustains like I did for 2112 Part 5?

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:

Also, has everyone that's had this happen been on PAL? I only know of ukog and SWITCHONIK94 having it happen and idk if the latter is PAL or not.

ukog mentioned that jprez and strike get the glitch often, too. i *think* everyone getting it has PAL. a bunch of people probably get it and its just not obvious b/c they dont squeeze. just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Lo11o2  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
scarecrow and I did some discussing on this and we think it'd make more sense that the copy of the game itself determines whether it happens or not, not the TV. We have no evidence to back that up, of course. Maybe someone who has this happen to them frequently should borrow a copy of someone who doesn't get this glitch to happen at all and see if it happens to them again. That'd rule out the game copy affecting it.

And maybe this would be a good time to explain the similar glitch you can use on extended sustains like I did for 2112 Part 5?

Me and switchonik have the same game... We bought it together...
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this everytime.

The last note of BWOLP is a good example, I ALWAYS get 4K bonus on the end of that chord.

I also laugh my ass off at Holy wars, I get a 8K increase at the end of the Extended Sustain after the acoustic solo. (W/SP)
WITHOUT using the glitch!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
I have this everytime.

The last note of BWOLP is a good example, I ALWAYS get 4K bonus on the end of that chord.

I also laugh my ass off at Holy wars, I get a 8K increase at the end of the Extended Sustain after the acoustic solo. (W/SP)

Can you try to play GH on another TV?
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed several songs where this kind of thing happens when I first bought the game (can't recall songs right now). But there were times I would suddenly get hundreds of more points than normal. But being that I used a path and my score still wasn't 1st place (or isn't 1st place anymore), I'd assume that others are getting this 'glitch' as well (this is on Hard btw).

Also, I really wish I could recall which song it was, but you HAD to hit the sustain late to get extra points. It was weird but it actually worked.

EDIT: As far as playing on another tv, I haven't tried that since I only have one tv. I have, however, played it on two different systems - 360 and PS3. Happened quite a bit on the 360 but I really can't recall it happening at all on the PS3 BUT Ba1rog is a good squeezer and he's on the PS3 so I wouldn't doubt if it's happened to him a few times since he's beat some of my 360 scores where I'm sure the glitch happened.

Last edited by Davers on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo11o2 wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
I have this everytime.

I did, It's the same. (Used my PC)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Lo11o2 wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
I have this everytime.

I did, It's the same. (Used my PC)

mh, idk...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: