Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero Mafia 6 - Abandoned
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: ScoreHero Mafia 6 - Abandoned Reply with quote

Scorehero Mafia 6

Mods: ready2rock, ace5993

"What's causing the delay?"

"COME ON."

The wait was unbearable. Whatever he was, zlinkneo was turning out to be quite a challenge to kill. In a very anti-climactic resolution, his method of killing was so mundane that it did not deserve to be even mentioned in the evening newspaper report. None-the-less, the citizens were very pleased at the headline:

"CORRUPTION AMONG PRIESTS PROVEN, POSSIBLE CONSPIRACY GROUP."

For ZlinkneoXZ15 was a Low Priest, Mafia Goon.

Elsewhere in the city, the High Priest was troubled at the results from yesterday's command. Many walls were only half complete and in some there had been no effort to build at all. A town meeting was announced:

"It has now come to our attention that the order of the Priests may indeed have been compromised. While this news does come as a shock to most of us it only increases our need for wariness both as individuals and as a community. The results of the wall-building today have been very disappointing. I would now ask all citizens who did not complete this task to follow me."

They walked into the temple with grim looks on their faces. Half an hour passed. Over time most of the people left the temple - until only three remained, SAW4135/replacement, Shadowolf, and Olinea. The high priest returned with these three people.

"For the next day these three citizens shall not be allowed to cast votes to determine the daily execution. Let this be a lesson to you all - follow the rules or face the consequences of your actions."

Vote Counts
Day 1 start
Day 1 resumes
Day 2 start

Alive and Rocking:
1. sorasgoof SAW4135
2. ortiz1193
3. NavyCherub
4. Fugitive this1neguy
5. Raikiri999
6. Olinea
7. ThirdKoopa
8. CCARaven4
9. EmoArbiter
10. ManfredvonKarma
13. sean2490 Fedora
15. METALFootball
16. 11yearoldkid
17. TheLonging
18. diddin
19. evilpacman18
20. ganondorf901
21. OpenYourEyes
22. Shadowolf
23. MrMarill
24. superspaz117
25. InflatablePie

Replacements:

1. 9001
2. Shaguar
3. MitchMan
4. voidedalive2x

Dead and Gone:

12. BlueTornado, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
11. Adohu, Townie Usurper, killed Night 1
14. zlinkneoXZ15, Low Priest, Mafia Goon, lynched day 2

Dark Red = Mafia
Olive = Unknown

What is Mafia?

Mafia is a game, in its most basic form, in which there are townies, aligned with the town, and scum, aligned with the mafia. The goal of the town is to lynch the scum until there is no scum left. The goal of the mafia is to kill enough townies to make sure that mafia outnumber townies. There are more powerful roles with the town (ex. Doctor) and the Mafia (ex. Roleblocker), called Power Roles, which can be explained in the links below. There are also third party roles, where they have a win condition outside of "make sure all of the [townies/scum] are dead." (ex. Survivor, who only has to live until one of the major parties reaches their win condition). All of these are also detailed in the links below:

Outline
Flash Introduction to Mafia
Flash Explanation of Roles
A very basic list of roles

The Rules (Changes to SHM5 Ruleset in Bold)

0. These rules may be overturned or changed at the mods' discretion. No rules will be changed without ample warning. If your role seems to differ from these rules the role takes precedence.

1. Each day the players may try to lynch somebody. A lynch requires a total number of votes that is more than half the people alive (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 9 votes are needed for a lynch). A normal lynch is irrevocable. Unvoting or changing your vote after someone has already reached a majority number of votes will have no effect. Day phases will last two weeks. At the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched (regardless of whether or not they have a majority of the votes). If there is a tie at the deadline, the person who had more votes cast for them at any point during the day will be lynched. If there is still a tie there will be no lynch.

2. You may vote for a no lynch on any day. A no lynch requires that exactly half of the living players vote for it (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 8 votes are needed to no lynch). If an odd number of players are alive, a no lynch requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 5 players are alive, 3 votes are needed to no lynch).

3. Please bold your votes and unvotes as such Vote: ace5993. We would appreciate it if you include the name of any person you unvote, but it is not required. We DO NOT require that unvotes are used, BUT THEY ARE PREFERABLE to the alternative.

4. There is NO talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day. You may only talk to other people outside the thread at night if it is part of your role. This rule applies even if you are dead (though you will be allowed to communicate with other people who are dead, more information on this will be given if/when you die). All parties involved in illegal communication will be force-replaced.

5. Do not, under any circumstances, edit your posts. Anyone caught doing this will receive a strike. You will be force-replaced or modkilled from the game in the event of reaching a third strike. Morse code, invisible text, ciphers, other languages are not acceptable and will result in a strike. All messages/breadcrumbs should be readable by anyone in the game without having to resort to translators or code crackers.

6. Do not directly quote PMs from the mod. Do not falsely quote PM's from the mod. You are allowed and encouraged to paraphrase or fake a paraphrase of a mod PM. You are allowed to quote or paraphrase anything a mod says in the thread. Any infraction of this rule results in a modkill.

7. Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "BAW!" post, but no game related content. Something like "It's obvious who should be lynched" or "You got me, but for the wrong reasons" is game related content, even if you don't include people's names. You may not self-reveal your role, either (e.g. “Damn it you guys, I was the doctor!”). If a post such as these is made, you will be asked to edit it, and you will potentially receive punishment relating to future ScoreHero Mafia games depending upon who severe your infraction was.

8. There WILL be talking in Twilight phases. The twilight period is defined as the time between the final vote needed for a lynch (i.e. the hammer) and one of the moderators posting the flavor and officially declaring it night. The lynchee, however, may not talk during this phase.

9. Try to be relatively civil to each other. We know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother. Anyone who delves into the realm of flaming will receive either a strike or an immediate replacement (obligatory reminder that three strikes and you’re out). Depending on the severity of the remark, you may also be reported to ScoreHero’s moderators for review. Attempting to exploit loopholes in the rules also falls under this category. Remember, it's just a game.

10. Just because we’re moderating this game doesn’t mean that we’re infallible. If you feel that a mistake was made, send a PM to the mod who made the mistake explaining what is wrong. You may also address it in the thread like so: Mod: Vote Totals are wrong.

11. We will try to have a vote count up every 3 pages. If you feel that we have gone too long without putting up a vote count, please either ask for a vote count in thread or PM an available mod to let him know. To ask for a vote count, please use this format: Mod: Vote Totals, please.

12. Please let your fellow players and your mods know if you are going to be unable to post for a period of more than 48 hours. Please try to make at least one post per real-lifeday. Multiple posts in one day are even better.

13. We reserve the right to do an activity check if we feel the game is moving too slowly. Any user who goes over 48 hours without posting will be automatically prodded. Users who go 48 hours without responding to a prod will be replaced. V/LA negates this rule, provided it is a reasonable length of time to be away from the game.

14. If you feel that this game is no longer fun, and is no longer something that you wish to be involved with, you may PM one of the mods asking to be replaced. All requests for replacement will be taken seriously, so do not jokingly send us a replacement request. If you are replaced, you are not allowed back into the game you have been dropped from, nor are you allowed to post in the game thread (until endgame).

15. The first game day will have a deadline of 2 weeks, each subsequent day will have a deadline of 1 week. You may no longer vote for deadline extensions, deadline extensions will be given by moderator decision based on activity level. Deadline extensions will be announced at least 48 hours in advance. Extensions will always be given provided activity level remains high. An extension will always be given on a day-by-day basis, up to a maximum of two weeks. Game nights will last 48 hours (extension given by request for V/LA reasons, but must be made BEFORE night begins THROUGH PM).

16.Green is ready2rock's modding color and orange is ace's modding color. Using these colors for analytical purposes is acceptable but be aware that these are the colors we will be posting in and bear in mind rule #17 when posting in colors.

17. Don't use colors for the sake of using them. Don't post pictures for the sake of posting them. It's annoying. You will receive a strike in the event of this rule being broken.

18. Claiming another person is your scum buddy will result in an immediate modkill.

19. The game will begin on D1 after all players have confirmed by PM.

20. Remember, you do NOT have to survive to win.

21. All players are REQUIRED to have either read, or participated in at least one completed game of mafia on either Scorehero, Mafiascum, or Mafiahero before signing up. SHM games are themed games (anything goes) and thus are far more complex than your average game, so a very solid knowledge of gameplay and strategy is necessary to participate properly.

Vanilla Townie Role PM:

Quote:
Hello, and welcome to The Temples of Syrinx, ********. You are a Vanilla Townie with no special abilities. The one thing you do have is your vote, so use it wisely.

You win when no other party remains alive, or nothing can prevent it.

Last edited by ready2rock on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 12 times in total
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those concerned about sign-ups filling up:

Sign-ups usually do fill up quick, meaning within the day. To give you an idea, here's some data from last game:

"begin sign ups" post from mod:
15 Oct 2010 22:59

Last sign up /in:
16 Oct 2010 18:06

Also, if the last game is any indicator, even if you /in to replace, it's still very likely that you'll get to play.

To those who have never played before:

Keep in mind that this game does require a fairly large time commitment for ALL of its participants. If this game is going to be successful, we need people who can put in the time for a couple of months (the last game went from Oct 17 to Dec 19). This will also require quite a bit of reading (occasionally giant walls if certain people join). I would like to echo the sentiments of someone earlier in the thread who suggested to read a game before joining this one, as this setup is quite advanced (and that's all anyone is getting about the setup).

This is not meant to discourage people who have not played, merely to stress that it does take time, as the last game was on the brink of having to be abandoned due to inactvity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
...as the last game was on the brink of having to be abandoned due to inactvity.

This made it quite an easy first game for me to mod.

However, I was very sad about it being so slow.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule changes: Changed the no lynch policy back to unlimited due to popular demand, also edited the coin flip rule to match. NEW RULE ADDED: rule #21, new players take notice.
Olinea  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
Rule changes: Changed the no lynch policy back to unlimited due to popular demand, also edited the coin flip rule to match. NEW RULE ADDED: rule #21, new players take notice.

Doesn't this drastically cut down on the number of available players?

What about some sort of test which people have to pass?
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olinea wrote:
ace5993 wrote:

It doesn't take much effort to read through a simple 12 player game on mafiascum and I will absolutely not allow people into this game who don't have a firm grasp of mafia.
Olinea  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
Olinea wrote:
ace5993 wrote:

It doesn't take much effort to read through a simple 12 player game on mafiascum and I will absolutely not allow people into this game who don't have a firm grasp of mafia.

Oh, I missed the "read" part.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
MrMarill  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups are longer than I thought, I assumed they went in like, 15 minutes.
I think Rule #21 is good. Besides, if this was a noob's FIRST game they'd be thrown off the game within hours as here it appears to be WALLS 2: REVENGE OF THE WALLS etc.
It's like saying there's a 50% chance it'll rain Snapple tomorrow because either it will or it won't BUT WAIT A SECOND HOLY FUCK GUYS IT'S RAINING PEPSI, WE DIDN'T EVEN ACCOUNT FOR THAT
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you come from anyways Marill? I feel like I recognize your username <_<

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
MrMarill  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CAME FROM HELL ITSELF

I searched your name on Mafiascum, I recognise your avatar there. I'm on lots of places, GHH/GHC, Smogon, Serebii, Epic Mafia etc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm MrBump on Mafiascum :P
I recognise people here too from the oooold GHC, IT'S LIKE A BIG REUNION! Not really but yeah.
It's like saying there's a 50% chance it'll rain Snapple tomorrow because either it will or it won't BUT WAIT A SECOND HOLY FUCK GUYS IT'S RAINING PEPSI, WE DIDN'T EVEN ACCOUNT FOR THAT
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen you on there before I believe :P

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
MrMarill  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!

Psyched for start of this :P
evilpacman18  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARILL
MrMarill  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilpacman18 wrote:
MARILL

O HAI DIDN'T SEE YOU THAR

Inb4Pacdestroysthegame
Thing is though, the majority here play like you so it won't be like GHH where they're like "HE'S PLAYING SERIOUS DIE SCUM DIE"
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMarill wrote:
evilpacman18 wrote:
MARILL

O HAI DIDN'T SEE YOU THAR

Inb4Pacdestroysthegame
Thing is though, the majority here play like you so it won't be like GHH where they're like "HE'S PLAYING SERIOUS DIE SCUM DIE"

I hate that you can't be serious on EpicMafia without people thinking you're scum.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 1 of 107

Jump to: