PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsindex huh... il check that out...

EDIT: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... im confused
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if any more progress has been made on this

codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to look at it at all. I already did like 80% of the analysis, I was hoping there'd be more people looking into it, but it doesn't seem like that is the case.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang........I'd look into it, but I have no knowledge whatsoever in this area......it would take me a bit to truly understand your original post XD

habababa  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@codemann8
Have you found out how files are ordered in the fsindex?
Is it alphabetical like the fnt and fat?or is it ordered by rom offset?
Maybe you can find something by comparing fsindex of the same GH game from two different regions?

fsindex is fewer by 4(or 5 can't remember) lines compared to fat.bin.i'm pretty sure the header,arm9.bin,arm7.bin and the overlays are omitted because don't need allocate memory.are there other files too?

Sorry if I ask too many questions.I'm still learning how to hack.

If you ever need help coding ds romhacking tools like batch lz de/compress,packer,etc.., just post at noitora's tools request thread at gbatemp.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

habababa wrote:
@codemann8
Have you found out how files are ordered in the fsindex?
Is it alphabetical like the fnt and fat?or is it ordered by rom offset?
Maybe you can find something by comparing fsindex of the same GH game from two different regions?

fsindex is fewer by 4(or 5 can't remember) lines compared to fat.bin.i'm pretty sure the header,arm9.bin,arm7.bin and the overlays are omitted because don't need allocate memory.are there other files too?

Sorry if I ask too many questions.I'm still learning how to hack.

If you ever need help coding ds romhacking tools like batch lz de/compress,packer,etc.., just post at noitora's tools request thread at gbatemp.

I can maybe spend a couple minutes tonite looking at it. Yeah, understanding the order in which the entries are written is going to play a big part in figuring it out. The best way to figure it out is going to be modifying each entry (offset and length) to see what changes and note it...this will take a looooong time to manually do one-by-one, which is why I avoided doing it earlier, but it may be the only way to figure out the order.

You are half correct about the number of entries in fsindex vs FNT...the FNT doesn't include system-level files (arm9/arm7/header/etc), this is all in the header of the NDS. fsindex also won't reference any of the system-level files that exist on EVERY game, this is because the system files are the first files to be loaded (arm9/arm7/etc)...then I'm quite certain it is the arm9 (or very well could be arm7) file that loads the fsindex file right away. The only purpose I see that the fsindex has is managing the table of contents of files on its own terms, but may or may not include extra features in doing so. Really when making the game, they should've referenced the FNT instead...really stupid.

No prob on the questions, we're all learning...understanding this stuff makes us all better at figuring out future game hacks.

Ooh, I'll definitely have to check out that request thread...that would be a good one.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
opiumtest5  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there will be people interrested in this forum when there are a handful of guys who got some notable customs on the ds... so whenever you finally cracked the case. prepare for a spam/copypasta of annoying questions already answerd in the op
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there would be...it's just theres much more of a lack of time on my end

opiumtest5  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats okay. we didnt expect anyone to get this far so its just pretty exciting. just take the time you have for whatever you want to do. but this is still pretty awesome
habababa  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info i found out about fsindex

Header 0x00 - 0x0C
0x00 - 0x03
Total number of files listed in fat.bin minus fsindex.bin,overlays and another file I do not know of yet.(abEmptySMK.bin??)
0x04 - 0x07
!(file id of first file) ?

0x08 - 0x0B
file id of first file in fsindex

Further Entries
0x00 - 0x03
filename + path padded with 00's divided into words(4 bytes)
then run through bit shifts and EOR'ed with each block.Filename and path is taken from fnt.bin.Names should be in lowercase and padded with 0's aligned by 4.
(((word1 EOR word2) EOR word3)EOR word4)EOR word5) and so on.
Very long algorithm.

0x04 - 0x07
Size?Decompressed size?least significant bit is some sort of a flag.

0x08-0x0B
offset

Code:

0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    9   A  B
 0000h   BC 20 00 00 FD FF FF FF 03 00 00 00
13440h  81 C1 79 C8 B1 C9 4E 03 0F 28 13 00
133A4h 92 DC F7 C7 B0 2C BC 0D 0D 02 00 00

from Band Hero(E)

if we have the EOR'ed filenames but don't know where to place the data:

1.(0xC879C181) * (0x20BC) = 0x19A2719A3ABC, split to higher and lower 0x000019A2 0x719A3ABC.Lower 32bits are not used?

2.(0x19A2) * (0x0C) = 13398, then get word from offset (0x13398 + 0x14) = 0x133AC from fsindex, 0x020D
3.shift left by 18 bits, (0x020D << 0x18) = 0XD000000
4.shift right and add 0x19A2, (0x19A2 + (0xD000000 >> 0x18) = 0x19AF
5.multiply by 0x0C then add 0x0C, (0x19AF * 0x0C) + 0x0C = 0x13434
0x13434 = offset of 0xC879C181

this works as long as the value you get after the 4th equation is <= 0x20BC(value from header)

Apparently, there's also a way to bypass the 30 song limit for GH & BH.
The games allocate 0x1CC bytes of data per song by default.

Add1:
Does anyone here have a script for unpacking .gob from GHOT that does not decompress .qgm's?

@codemann
were you able to change the first 4 bytes of an entry in the fsindex?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was the files for D, MH & BH were ever sent to make charts out of it ? im playing these games lately and trying to path is a nightmare.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I don't see them anywhere. I'm guessing there must've been a complication of some kind that gave us problems in generating these. I'll look into this, but it won't be quick, I'll be looking at things I haven't touched in years, things tend to not work the same as they did when you blow the dust off of it. Give me til the end of the week, then tap my shoulder again if I don't respond.

codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I looked into it...I found out why anything past OT didn't get made....I didn't have a chart generator for them. It appears that ajanata (of the RB side) created those charts. I do recall years ago, I believe I sent him the source files for OTD and BH but I don't remember getting a response from him. So if I wanted to generate charts, I'd have to write something from scratch, which could take months, which I don't have time for unfortunately.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a long shot, but maybe ask him if he still have anything from all this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't remember. I might have code sitting around here somewhere, but I don't see it where I would have expected it to be. I'll poke around a bit more but I'm not holding my breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: