Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bucket Lists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Lists Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Heh - I always have weird bittersweet reactions to seeing things like these. My dad has borderline personality disorder; he was something of a tyrant to grow up with, and is no longer on speaking terms with me or my younger sister. I've no doubt that he's proud of me, but I know he's not terribly happy with me - and the problem is all on his side of the divide, where there is nothing I can do to change it. Sigh....

My situation is far different. My father is someone I've always looked up to. He has insane knowledge of his occupation, and I can't even fathom the amount of time he's spent gaining it.. mostly because that amount of time is far longer than I've even experienced since birth. I'm considering crossing that off my list because of something that happened about two months ago. My father walked by me on my computer and noticed a massive graph on my screen. After half an hour of conversation about the math I was spending my free time doing, he announced his realization that I knew far more about math than he, and then he walked away smiling.

Like thecaptainof, I have a depressing goal. I listed it, but made it as vague as possible.. "Find a way to live with my disorders." In truth, it should be "Find a way to be happy for more than a week." I have a form of bipolar disorder, among other mental troubles. I have an almost-ideal upper-middle class life, yet psychological issues prevent me from enjoying it. I could not ask for a better life, only a better brain. There's just something missing up there. Well, maybe 200 drugs later, I'll feel normal.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already done quite a few things on my bucket list... but overall I'd like to think most of these things aren't improbable. I color-coded it because I'm bored and I have 10 minutes before I go home.

• Visit Italy (Completed Fall 2007)
• Visit every country in the UK (Completed Fall 2007)
• Get paid to do something I love doing (Graphic Design) (Completed!)

• Buy a dog (Completed)

• Visit every Disney park (3/5 Completed)
• Make my parents proud of me (Completed, but this is a goal one has to keep up with :P)

• Visit Greece
• Have a baby (d'awww)
• Publish a comic (Newspaper? comic book? internet? Doesn't matter)
• Maybe have the nerve to go back to school and become an animator...
• Do something creative that other people enjoy (ideally, create a cartoon show... to be the next Lauren Faust! ...but just doing something small is just as fulfilling)

...I think that's all. I don't really have any big dreams other than the comic thing and definitely the last couple... haha

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC Don't Fear the Reaper on drums.
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailz, if you're gonna go to Greece, visit Kefalonia. Beautiful is an understatement when describing it. Athens is a nice visit, especially the historical stuff but the city is a dump.

Anyway, I never really thought of stuff I wanted to do before I die. I guess the big one I've had in mind is to go to a European metal festival over the summer. Hopefully that can be arranged for next summer... who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to go to the south and north pole

shit would be awesome
Saru786  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bucket list is:
Make a bucket list(Complete!)

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Record an album
2. perform live
3. get a girlfriend (hahahaha yeahhhhh)
4. see Billy Joel live before he or i die(s)
5. get out of the u.s.!
6. Sing the song i wrote for the girl of my dreams for her

Last edited by dragoninforcer on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragoninforcer wrote:
leads to
in case you didn't know. soooo do it. like right now. stop reading this post, hire a band without a singer, go to her house, and sing it to her. you might break some windows, but its well worth it. ;)

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go To Harvard
Live in NYC
Become President

Yep...about all I care about...

InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
dragoninforcer wrote:
leads to
in case you didn't know. soooo do it. like right now. stop reading this post, hire a band without a singer, go to her house, and sing it to her. you might break some windows, but its well worth it. ;)

This could also count as the live performance part. Kill three birds with one stone. :D

I haven't really thought of a Bucket List either... hmm...
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this adds another part to the list

7. overcome my shyness
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the Cubs win the World Series...

ahahahah not, I don't like the Cubs...I hope they never win the World Series.

But every team in Chicago has won the leagues championship in my lifetime
Blackhawks - 2010
White Sox - 2005
Bulls - 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
Bears - 1985

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized that one thing I did not have on my list was something I had already done by the time I made my list, but I think it's something every baseball fan should have on theirs.

- Catch a foul ball at an MLB game.

There are a couple sports related items one might add as well, like being at a game that decides your favorite teams playoff fate, or witnessing a truely monumental player performance (like a perfect game). The problem is they aren't really something you work towards or plan either, just hope they happen while you're at the game.

And I think by now, most Cub fans have erased "Watch the Cubbies win it!" from their bucket lists.

EDIT: If you have caught a foul ball before, the next one you get you either give to your lady, or to a small kid. Or give it to a small kid to impress your lady friend (unless she's a huge baseball fan. Then you still give her the ball).

Last edited by skinnywhitecomic on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
I realized that one thing I did not have on my list was something I had already done by the time I made my list, but I think it's something every baseball fan should have on theirs.

- Catch a foul ball at an MLB game.

There are a couple sports related items one might add as well, like being at a game that decides your favorite teams playoff fate, or witnessing a truely monumental player performance (like a perfect game). The problem is they aren't really something you work towards or plan either, just hope they happen while you're at the game.

And I think by now, most Cub fans have erased "Watch the Cubbies win it!" from their bucket lists.

Catching a foul ball is one thing I have never had happen while at a game, and I've been going to games since I was a kid (1st game was at Old Comiskey Park back in the day, ::sniff:: I miss that place) ...but I have tickets to a lot of Sox games this year, sorta in foul ball territory, so maybe I can make that one happen this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caught a foul ball at a Long Island Ducks game.

not as big a deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: