ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jordan Solo B (Hard)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Jordan Solo B (Hard) Reply with quote

Hello SHers, its been a while since I made a thread. Well here goes nothing.

So I've been looking over the FC's I have left on the GH2H list. And I feel that Jordan is probably the easiest of the bunch that I have left. It's a toss-up really, but I think hitting Solo B has always been a major issue for me. Trying it out yesterday, I got the vibe that it was like Killing in the Name, except without a real pattern, unlike KitN. The problem is, even though I have FC'd KitN, I was never consistent on FCing that solo. For both, I've just went ahead and alt-strummed everything. But it seems like I plink a lot. I know I'm not strumming at Misirlou speed, so I'm thinking my plinks are coming from strumming the notes that I basically unintentionally hammered on to.

So my question to all of you fine folks is, do you strum it all or do you actually get savvy on hitting the HOPO's when they come? I've had similar issues on songs with similar strum speeds, like Solo D on BatH or Six's Verse/Chorus. If I can find the magic to hit these somewhat consistently, then that will help get me those peskier FC's.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With solo B on hard it's probably best to use the hammer-ons. It's really not that fast so you could really downstrum any strum notes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Flare said.

Use the hammer-ons, and count the strums. Much easier than alt-strumming the entire thing, in this case.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ what those guys said. this section is really slow on hard (compared to expert). the thing about solo b is that it's so fast and the technique necessary so obscure that, when charted out fully (a la expert), it's crazy ridiculousness, but there really isn't a way to dumb it down without dumbing it down a whole lot. so, on hard, you really have to play a lot slower than it actually is. keep this in mind, as it could be messing up your timing. try muting the tv?

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
With solo B on hard it's probably best to use the hammer-ons. It's really not that fast so you could really downstrum any strum notes.

This. There's no point in strumming through it, just be accurate with your strums.
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the hopos. When I FC'd it, I downstrummed everything. Once you get the hang of using the hopos, you'll realize how incredibly easy it really is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: