ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar strum bar squeaks constantly, [WII]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomish  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar strum bar squeaks constantly, [W Reply with quote

I have the Wii edition of GH:WOR, and as unfortunate as the case may be, my guitar has been stricken with issue after issue. The first one I got had a broken strum bar, so I took it back, and now, after four hours of playing, it has begun squeaking. Too much Expert, I suppose.

Either way, I have all of the materials, WD40, Q-tips, tiny screwdrivers, etc. The problem is that I can't get the guitar apart. I've removed ALL the screws (the one beneath the sticker too), and the top portion separates (with the buttons), but the base, where the strum bar is, will not come apart. I've removed the sides of the guitar and the little strap nubs... So, now what? Does the Wii version not come apart?

If it doesn't, is there any other way to fix the squeak? Can I somehow get the WD40 in the right place WITHOUT frying the thing or taking it apart?

EDIT: And please leave the "LOLOL WOR IS TERRIBLE Y U BUY BAD GAEM" at home, folks, this isn't an opinion discussion, I'm just looking for help.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a common issue with the WORtars. Keep on playing it and it will fade away. Mine used to squeak badly on downstrums, but it is rather minimal now. You can try to take a very small amount of WD40 and slide it through the strum bar crevices, it may or may not work.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has the same issue. about how long will it continue to squeak once it's started?

Fug wrote:
MOM is the easiest imo. The only hard part about the song is listening to it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open and lube the strum bar. takes 10 mins max.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: