ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Next-Gen Consoles/Handhelds/Computers/Mobile Phones/Etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield 3 is another current game that required them to tone back on alot of things to get it to work on console, going so far as requiring a hefty install on the hard drive to even get HD graphics. Even games that had alot of consoles power in mind like Rage, it still doesn't even look THAT good, with noticeable texture popping. In a year, consoles will be pretty far behind, and in two years, it'll be significant, making it the right time for a new system for both companies. About 8 years is more than enough time for a console generation as any PC savvy gamer know how fast gaming evolves, way more than any console only gamer could possibly understand.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really wanna see a PS4 coming shortly. the PS3 is very far from is life cycle and will probbaly be produced like the ps2; 10 years, which means 2016. it doesnt make sense to make a new console when you can constantly update it until you reach is limits. both console are "old" now but are far from done.

anyway im not getting a PS4 until a next GH is made for it. im gonna stick with my PS3 because i like it, the games i play wont require next-gen, and because it doesnt cost a dime playing online when i feel like it (which doesnt really happen often honestly but when i do, i dont wanna fetch some cash for it)

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself, am not looking forward to a new console. With UMvC3 around the corner.. I guess it wouldn't matter much being the first Marvel didn't last a year, so there'll probably be a Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Super Arcade Edition (with all DLC) game coming out.

I agree, it is time for a new generation, the only thing that sucks about generation changes are the xbox live games that require you to sign into xbox to play them... can now no longer be played. The xbox runs on an ATI X800 video card, the PS3 on a modified 7900 graphics card. Its amazing that they're able to get 1080p out of those graphics cards to be truthful.

I consider PC generations by Intel processor changes/chipsets.

P1 generation, P2 generation, P3, P4, Pentium D, etc.

tl;dr, yes it is time, but I don't want to lose my xbox live crap.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody thinking it will be 2015 or 2016 when a new xbox or ps3 comes out is dreaming. 2013-2014 at the latest. Xbox needs an upgrade big time due to only having a dvd drive to work with. I have no issue with it's graphical ability honestly, but there is a lot of room to improve there.

I don't think we need new consoles, but it's going to happen before 2015/16.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's obviously coming quicker than people are expecting. It's being said that games are already in development for the PS4, and the new Xbox is looking to beat the PS4 to market by 2013 I think. Not that I'll buy one at launch. Wii failed for me and more often than not a launch system doesn't have alot of great games at the start. I'll probably give them an extra year to see how well they do, though I'll probably not buy a PS4 even longer. I barely use my PS3 as it is.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, if they do come out with new consoles, I'd be the first one to get mine. I mean, I do honestly want the Xbox's graphics to be updated. All the new games coming out for it just aren't cutting it with the graphics. I'm starting to feel like I'm playing 2006 games when comparing to PC games even on low settings.

But, I wouldn't pay like 300-400 for just new graphics. Xbox having something like Blu-Ray disks would also be a major plus. And just idk, anything else Microsoft can think of.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Yeah it's obviously coming quicker than people are expecting. It's being said that games are already in development for the PS4, and the new Xbox is looking to beat the PS4 to market by 2013 I think. Not that I'll buy one at launch. Wii failed for me and more often than not a launch system doesn't have alot of great games at the start. I'll probably give them an extra year to see how well they do, though I'll probably not buy a PS4 even longer. I barely use my PS3 as it is.

I believe there is also a new Fable game in Development for the Xbox 720.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope not. Fable 3 was a trainwreck of a game.

And 300-400 is what I"m hoping the new systems start at. If they try something silly like 500-600 again like the last wave. I won't even look at them.

And I wouldn't expect anything out of new systems beyond better hardware/bigger hdd's (maybe) and xbox having blu-ray or something capable of more than dual layer dvd's.

There is nothing else necessary. However I will 100% boycott on principal the Xbox 720 or whatever it's called if they make me pay for xbox live to use netflix. That shit is goddamn stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
I sure hope not. Fable 3 was a trainwreck of a game.

I'm not surprised really. Pete Molyneux is a god damn moron when it comes to game developing. I'm surprised Microsoft thinks so highly of his games after all the shit he's spewed. He makes a game, hypes the shit out of it, and then when he goes to make the sequel, he calls the previous one crap. I heard nothing but bad things about Fable 3 and the Kinect game looks atrocious.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fable 1 was bloody fantastic. And so was Black and White 2 IMO. Both had their major flaws but they still worked as great games that were entertaining to play for long periods of time.

Fable 2 however made some steps forward, and did a complete backpedal on alot more. And Fable 3 proceeded to do this to an even bigger extent, to the point of where I really kept playing it thinking "I bet it's gonna get better here!... Oh no, maybe here!... Oh no... Maybe h... Oh it's over."
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think next gen is going to focus more on controller-less gameplay like more refined kinect stuff. also 3d gaming will probably see a lot of work. but the biggest shift for next gen is going to be more emphasis on digital content. They can make millions off professionally developing simple addicting games such as things seen on the iphone/android.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
i think next gen is going to focus more on controller-less gameplay like more refined kinect stuff. also 3d gaming will probably see a lot of work. but the biggest shift for next gen is going to be more emphasis on digital content. They can make millions off professionally developing simple addicting games such as things seen on the iphone/android.

I pray to god not...That would kill console gaming for me. It's too late for the Wii as it's too integrated now, but the PS4 or 720, really need to keep it as an optional item. A game, if it is a regular game, should be controller first and motion control second.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DICE's thoughts on the Next-Gen Consoles. I agree with what they say.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/dice-talks-next-generation-consoles/

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
DICE's thoughts on the Next-Gen Consoles. I agree with what they say.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/dice-talks-next-generation-consoles/

Kinda hard not to agree. Basically just "If they give us kickass hardware, we will make kickass games" lol It will be amazing to see the leap in tech for consoles when they do come out. So many new ways to pack in the power now, that it'll be very significant.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next Gen FPS

GG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: