ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reply with quote

It was inevitable.

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-world-premiere-trailer-226792.phtml

As much as I was ready to say fuck off to CoD after being disappointed by Black Ops and saw the shitfest that was Modern Warfare 3...they just had to go and make a near future shooter. I've been wanting a good one of those for awhile now! It still looks like the same engine, so whatever, but if Treyarch can manage to do their own thing, like they had done with Black Ops, to actually improve the series, since IW isn't going to...I'll keep an open mind.

Best thing about this, I now know when Battlefield 3 will most likely release the Endgame DLC. They aren't gonna pass up releasing nothing as that game releases lol
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm not a fan of futuristic stuff, but judging by the trailer, it didn't seem too bad. We'll see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE HORSES, MASON

WHAT DO THEY MEAN

...Aaaand that's all I have to say about that.

attack horse killstreak please

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lawd, I can't wait. It's going to be so much better than MW3, imo.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of futuristic stuff, but judging by the trailer, it didn't seem too bad. We'll see how it plays out.

I love a good futuristic scenario as long as it's less about laser guns. Laser guns in games never feel like they pack too much of a punch and gun feel plays a big part for me.

I know this is still gonna just be a CoD game, Treyarch will never get the go ahead to really change the series much, but I'm hoping to see them play it smarter this time by creating a more unique experience to it's MW counterpart. We'll see...
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will get for single player cause I enjoy the CoD campaigns for the most part. Probably won't play multiplayer much, it's gotten stale and it sucks.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the fence. Generally don't give a shit about campaign (Black Ops' was a mild exception due to the story; BO2 looks like it won't have that same draw), so the multiplayer will have to keep my attention to win me over with a purchase. Considering how little I play MW3, I'm getting skeptical with the series (man, that's an uncommon idea lately) and probably won't end up buying very many games from it from now on. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit playing CoD all the time in January, this may be good. Only care about multiplayer and it really depends if Vondehaar keeps his promises. Have Black Ops with no deathstreaks, last stand, no lag comp/lag issues and I'd be content.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treyarch might be putting some real work into this sequel, especially with talk of how they are actually improving the graphics of the game.

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-is-a-true-sequel-in-every-way-226705.phtml#ext

Some cool tidbits is that the story will change depending on how well you do during the campaign and in a way, moving away from some of the constant linear aspects of the game for abit of sandbox action, where you can accomplish certain side missions to further influence the story.

The story itself sounds like it'll be jumping around different years again, involving both Mason and Mason's son, though multiplayer is purely 2025 action.

Also with no surprise, Zombies are back, possibly with some changes of how it's played. I'm hoping for some objective action with zombies. I hate endless waves. Endless waves is boring to me without a sense of accomplishment.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I think this is the first Call of Duty that I've ever been legitimately excited for. That trailer showcased all kinds of potential.
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction was complete disdain. I hate futuristic games in general and as soon as those stupid tanks with legs popped up, I didn't like where this was going. HOWEVER... after mulling it over for a few hours, it's not that offensive to me. Yeah, I wish it was modern times, but at least they're giving COD an honest attempt at being different this round. So long as they don't go overboard with the futuristic element (ie. no lasers, no jetpacks, etc.) and still have the trademark COD multiplayer, I can deal with this. I thought the original Black Ops campaign was the highlight of the series (this coming from someone who LOVES the MW campaigns) and of course zombie mode (hoping it'll have it's own campaign, or at least some purpose/goals to pursue). Throw in combat training (has that been confirmed?) and it's icing on the cake.

Though even if the game does have lasers, jetpacks and winds up looking atrocious to me, I'll be buying it Day 1 w/COD Elite because it's my annual thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may actually keep my eye out for this, I can't even begin to tell you how sick I am of the overwhelming wave of cookie-cutter linear modern FPS's, and it looks like they're finally updating the engine and playing around with the core gameplay; so this might just be on the lookout for me.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this looks familiar.

"OMG NEW COD GAME GONNA BE SWEEEEET"

three days after it comes out: "OMG GAME SUCKS COD IS BAD WAH WAH WAH"

Will rent for the campaign as always, since I legitimately enjoy that part of CoD, but the fact so many of you expect this time round to be any different is hilarious.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the game is an instant rental. CoD is not a series I'll consider even buying anymore, but I would like to see it actually become a better series. Bit of a love/hate relationship with it, as I like a solid shooter, but CoD just ends up annoying me too damn much to continue playing it, making it not worth buying.

And I don't think we'll be seeing lasers and jetpacks lol It's only 13 years in the future and was written with help from someone who writes about what the future will hold realistically. So no terminators, mechs, or AI driven robots who might learn "feelings" lol
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rent yes, buy no. i never play online and hate it. graphics are awesome from the trailer, but again, its a trailer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: