Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wreck-It Ralph
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Wreck-It Ralph Reply with quote

Coming this November, Wreck-It Ralph is a movie about a video game villain who's tired of playing the bad guy, and yearns to be the good guy for once. Characters (possibly only cameos) shown include Bowser, Dr. Eggman, a Pacman ghost (Clyde, the orange one), M. Bison, Zangief, and more.

So, I'm excited for it, but what do you guys think?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely has the potential to be awesome, but it probably won't be. I'll likely end up watching it unless it gets completely terrible reviews, regardless.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those characters are certainly only cameos - there's no way Nintendo would let Disney use their characters without big money or some sort of affiliation with the film.

Anyway, this looks cute. I always love this visual style but not having the Pixar name attached to it makes me worry just a bit. Still, I'll probably watch it shortly after release and I bet it will be clever because it's still Disney.

It can't really be worse than Mars Needs Moms, which really wasn't all that bad, but was a major flop at the box office compared to its cost to produce, and overall just a weird movie, especially for kids. Still, if nothing else you can't say it wasn't an original plot (that's for sure).

Basically, this is Toy Story for the next generation and I'm okay with that. The characters and idea of the movie reminds me sort of Despicable Me, which was an adorable movie so I can only hope it is similar (I know that wasn't Disney, but yeah).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since John Lasseter -- the guy behind Toy Story -- is leading the production, I have very little doubt that this will be a movie worth watching.

Also, Squirtle. http://i.imgur.com/Z6juU.jpg

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fun. I'll probably watch it regardless of negative reviews - that is if it receives any.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, hey, you can actually play Wreck-It Ralph. Go here, then after the trailer, click on "wreck the trailer" and you'll be allowed to smash up the screen all you like, then after it's over and you enter your initials, click the X and you're given a few options, including playing Fix-It Felix Jr. game (the arcade game in the trailer).

Have to be honest, I wasn't expecting that .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this movie would be fun to watch, if only for the cameos. Probably a boatload of video game-based humor, which is always nice. Doesn't look like the best movie, but I know it'll entertain me at least :p One problem is lack of star power if you ask me. I like all the actors involved, but I don't see this doing very well without a recognizable name attached to it.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy from Toy Story is writing this? Count me in.
Even with that, however, I feel like this will only end up terrible. I can't think of a single video game movie that turned out well (including Scott Pilgrim, I did not like that movie).
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Even with that, however, I feel like this will only end up terrible. I can't think of a single video game movie that turned out well (including Scott Pilgrim, I did not like that movie).

(Note: I didn't see Scott Pilgrim, so can't comment on it XP)

Prince of Persia was an alright movie IMO. Not great, mind you, but at least it was WATCHABLE, which is more than can be said of something like the Tekken movies or the Super Mario Bros movie lol. Only other movie I can think of is Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, and seeing as it was made by Level-5, the very same people who made the games, I'm not sure it counts .

My Backloggery
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:

You didn't like Scott Pilgrim? I never read any of the comics, but I really enjoyed the movie. And like Qarx said, Prince of Persia was alright too. But yeah, most video games turned into movies suck really bad. Super Mario Bros anyone? *shudder*
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:

Keep in mind that although there were lots of video game references, Scott Pilgrim was based on comic books rather than a video game.

Also, this movie isn't really based on a single video game, or even a real video game, but there will be LOTS of video game references. Name any movie that based solely on ONE video game has sucked pretty hardcore. The only video-game-based-movies above a Rotten Tomato metric of 35% are Prince of Persia and FF: The Spirits Within.

That all said, I'll probably give this a watch. Kinda happy that there are a bunch of good movies coming out soon.

Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most films based on games fail because they try to use that as their selling point. ("This movie is called Tekken, so all arcade-fighting-game nerds withh automatically watch it!") On the other hand, Wreck-it-Ralph is not a popular game, so I doubt they'll be using it as a cop-out. I might be narrow-minded, but I still really wish Pixar was involved in it.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to get peter jackson to make a zelda movie.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it shows all those characters in that big room where I only assume they "go to work" I can't help but think of Monster's Inc. Pixar didn't focus on any specific monster movies/shows in that case, and it was a smashing success. Same deal with The Incredibles, all new heroes. I think that is the case here. Make fun of the genre or universe, not specific things.

There's plenty of material to make fun of video game tropes without mentioning too many specific games. If the guy behind Toy Story is involved I don't have any reason to worry I think.

The other difference is that this will be both a comedy and a children's movie. I don't think any other big-screen video game movie has been a comedy (at least intentionally) and also animated. Trying to take video game movies seriously though is another story.

PS I loved Scott Pilgrim, I have all the comics too. Most people that didn't like the movie just don't like Michael Cera in that role (totally understandable, but read the comics anyway they're so d'aww :3)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely HATE most Disney movies, and have since I was a child. But I'll admit, I'm going to have to go out and see this. Not very often there's a movie based on something that I'm actually interested in, like Video Games. And I mean hell, it has Dr. Robotnik, Bowser, and a ton of other villains in it making cameos. What's not to love? For once, I'm excited for a Disney movie. Weird.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: