ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Also I got the most credit hours out of all the entering students! (I may end up saying the same things in the rant thread later, but hell if I regret it it's my fault anyway.) I'm scheduled for 22 hours (18 is the maximum allowed without consent of the dean), set up very nicely in 9am-5pm blocks Monday through Thursday (with a couple odd stragglers). This is very good news for me because I'll have lots of options later on. I may go on to a double major, or I may graduate slightly early, or I might just drop down to 12-15 hours when I start getting my super hard 500-level physics courses in my final few semesters. Either way, it's gonna be good news, so long as I can handle it this semester.

Just a note of warning: I was in a similar situation when I started college, had a shit-ton of credits coming in and made big plans to take a lot of classes and just skip right to the hard stuff because I figured I could handle it. I fell flat on my fucking face, a couple of times. You'll want to enjoy college, not have to spend all of your time studying and doing homework and projects. Don't overload your first semester. Later might be fine, but first semester make it easy on yourself because there will be a life adjustment period.

Anyway, I finished for the school year at one of the places I teach, but I'm salaried so I'll keep getting paychecks for the summer. Awesome. I'll still have a shit-ton of other work to do in the summer but that just means more money.
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did my first of exam of this session, an A2 Mathematics paper. I'm pretty sure I got it all right. This feels good. However, this was supposed to be easy as I do a shit tonne of maths on top of it, so this stuff becomes second nature - in any case, good start. 6 to go, feeling pretty good about them all, just need to keep my head down and finish what I started two months ago.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the store today and started parking in a space that I thought was empty. Didn't realize there was actually a cart there and my car would have been sticking half way out of the space if I had parked there. But just as I was getting ready to back out (because I'm lazy and didn't want to move the cart), some other guy walking by that wasn't even an employee there, moved the cart for me so I could park there. Immediately thought of GGG. I gave him a wave of thanks. I really appreciate that there are some people that still do the little things for humanity sake and make this world bearable to live in.
Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Davers; and as for myself, not much good has happened in the past month and a half, but the little good that did happen has made it bearable. Earlier this week I met one of the coolest chicks I've ever hung out with and she lives right down the road from me so awesome points on that; and I found out Game Haven might be hiring soon, so more than likely as soon as I finish this post I'll be filling out that application

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister graduated today as valedictorian, I was so happy that I actually could make it! (even though I had to rush back down to SD for a presentation) I was so proud of her. My presentation actually went quite well, my girlfriend and my parents were able to watch, which was all that I could ask for. Apparently they didn't notice all the flaws in the videos that I did

Oh, and I'm graduating in two days! Pretty excited about that, despite all the stuff that needs to be done in between (namely a final on friday from 7-10 XD)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farewell lunch at work today, although my last day is technically next Wednesday. Got a bottle of Scotch!
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Just a note of warning: I was in a similar situation when I started college, had a shit-ton of credits coming in and made big plans to take a lot of classes and just skip right to the hard stuff because I figured I could handle it. I fell flat on my fucking face, a couple of times. You'll want to enjoy college, not have to spend all of your time studying and doing homework and projects. Don't overload your first semester. Later might be fine, but first semester make it easy on yourself because there will be a life adjustment period.

Thanks for the advice! I was actually in college back in 07-08, so I'm familiar with the course load, and I'm also fairly knowledgeable about the material of all but one of my classes (algorithmic programming). I'm reading the book for that one in the next couple months before my classes start . I learned most of the material for my Calculus class over the summer (if you'll recall, a few months back I didn't even know basic algebra, whereas now I'm familiar with basic calculus and learning the basics of more advanced mathematics), and have been refamiliarizing myself with the chemistry and psychology (which was my previous major anyway).

Overall, though, I'm testing myself. The B.S. in Physics where I'll be going requires 9+ Physics courses in the 500 range, as well as two 500+ maths, which means my last two years are going to be hell. If I can't handle 22 hours of introductory classes (I can't even take a physics course without the calc prerequisite) with material I already halfway know, then I can't expect to hande 15 or 16 hours of truly rigorous material. Taking a lot of hours in my first two years will also allow me to take a more minimal course load during that time period. I don't expect this semester to be easy at all, but I do expect to work my way through it. Learning is my favorite hobby, anyway (and I'm single and dislike most of my friends, so my distractions are minimal).
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good, about damn time

tf;dc (too french, didn't click) : inb4 gay men allowed for blood donation. Thank goodness this minister for health isn't as dumb as the previous one I like how she says "it's not a matter of orientation, it's a matter of responsible behaviour". Me gusta.

However, nothing's done yet, and it had been tried before, so I'm all for "wait & see", BUT ... I think it could work this time. It would be pretty nice, because lying to do something helpful like giving some of your blood doesn't feel too great.
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I may be getting my first job soon (as a pizza delivery dude), thanks to a bunch of my friends working there. I'll just be replacing one of my friends who recently quit. From the sound of it, there won't be much of an interview, so that's a load off. And luckily I'll have access to a car, so things seem pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Looks like I may be getting my first job soon (as a pizza delivery dude), thanks to a bunch of my friends working there. I'll just be replacing one of my friends who recently quit. From the sound of it, there won't be much of an interview, so that's a load off. And luckily I'll have access to a car, so things seem pretty good.

I worked at Pizza Hut one summer. The day I started, there was another guy starting too, as a driver. But then it turned out he didn't have insurance, so he got booted.

Moral of the story: "access to a car" may not be the only requirement to be a pizza delivery guy, so be careful.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my parents and I are pretty much set on us vacationing in New York this summer. We did some planning for the trip today, and I'm really excited at some of the things I'll be seeing (a show on Broadway and a taping of The Daily Show ). I'll also be able to see some of my college friends who live in New York.

Also got a couple more vocal FCs on GH:M. Today was a good day!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it. I legitimately said "I love you." to a girl that isn't a family member/friend (that time when I was 13 doesn't really count, I think even I knew that then deep down haha). I've spent a long time thinking about it, and I think I even knew that I probably would after the first few weeks we hung out, but... yeah, never sort of expected to meet anyone at all before uni haha... In any case, it was scary as fuck, and I had to whisper it (we were in bed and it was maybe 3am), but I did it, and despite the terror of admitting I'm now that attached to someone (that's partly why it's so great, right?), I'm proud of myself.

And she said it back.

Sorry for the disgusting levels of happy in this post, feel free to vomit over it.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vomit, but in the interest of fairness, I'll have you know that the circumstances made this vomit quite delightful. Kidding aside, I'm happy for ya, bud.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodongo wrote:
I did it. I legitimately said "I love you." to a girl that isn't a family member/friend.
Great job man!

Dodongo wrote:
And she said it back.

My screen is covered in puke. FUCKING DISGUSTING!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a free 8gb iTouch.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: