ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodongo wrote:
I did it. I legitimately said "I love you." to a girl that isn't a family member/friend (that time when I was 13 doesn't really count, I think even I knew that then deep down haha). I've spent a long time thinking about it, and I think I even knew that I probably would after the first few weeks we hung out, but... yeah, never sort of expected to meet anyone at all before uni haha... In any case, it was scary as fuck, and I had to whisper it (we were in bed and it was maybe 3am), but I did it, and despite the terror of admitting I'm now that attached to someone (that's partly why it's so great, right?), I'm proud of myself.

And she said it back.

Sorry for the disgusting levels of happy in this post, feel free to vomit over it.

Hey I don't blame you, it's the best fucking feeling in the world, isn't it?

So I graduated today. Finally finished with all the crap that's been weighing me down lately (well, all the school related stuff anyway) and now I'm back home. It sure does feel good. Even though my girlfriend has been having some rant-worthy problems, this was a pretty good day overall. I actually feel accomplished! :o Now all that's left is for my girlfriend to get home so we can celebrate together <3
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Firefox didn't even tell me it had to update, but it did when I opened it just now. They changed the animation when you scroll up or down with the little wheel thing on your mouse, and it looks really smooth. They make new tabs show your most visited pages now too... I hope none of those ever become something embarrassing for me lol
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 20 months of saving, planning and waiting, today I finally bought my new computer and new computer desk for my "home office." I should have the computer before the end of the month. I'm still jittery because the thrill of making progress like this is so great.

Apple haters can eat dicks, this will be the most beautiful goddamn 27" iMac you ever saw (plus I get Mountain Lion for free, since I bought it after June 11).

Growing my freelance business enough to afford this is a huge step for me and I can't believe it happened. This sounds cheesy but if you really work hard towards something you want like this you can make it happen. YAY!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed an Xbox 360 by overheating the GPU and wrapping electrical tape around the xclamp.. ghetto shit right thurr.
Gamertags? Desertman123
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
After 20 months of saving, planning and waiting, today I finally bought my new computer and new computer desk for my "home office." I should have the computer before the end of the month. I'm still jittery because the thrill of making progress like this is so great.

Apple haters can eat dicks, this will be the most beautiful goddamn 27" iMac you ever saw (plus I get Mountain Lion for free, since I bought it after June 11).

Growing my freelance business enough to afford this is a huge step for me and I can't believe it happened. This sounds cheesy but if you really work hard towards something you want like this you can make it happen. YAY!

I would loosely categorize myself as an "apple hater" but for someone doing graphic design, it's a smart choice for you. Congrats on the freelance business
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Apple haters can eat dicks, this will be the most beautiful goddamn 27" iMac you ever saw.

Well, I have to admit it probably has a pretty nice display.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Apple haters can eat dicks

Fanboying over *anything* is stupid enough, whatever the tone, but you can hardly command a respectable position on the whole thing or be upset when they shout back if you come out with that sort of comment. I'd like to tell both sides to quit it - for God's sake, so much rage over electronic products, life's way too short for that kind of crap. (I say this as someone who uses a Windows PC as well as an iPhone and iPod, believe it or not these things can coexist.)

Sorry, this is supposed to be the happy thread... erm...

Oh yeah: tomorrow (actually, in just over 4 hours) the Premier League fixtures for the coming season are being announced, which means I (along with many thousands of others around the country) get to find out where I'm going for my birthday weekend. Good times.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted. I was worried this might happen. Totally understandable so I will explain myself.

A little context: I am friends with a decent number of the current active users, some (or many) of which are self-described "Apple haters." In my profession it is industry standard, and naturally my preference, so I'm shamelessly a fangirl and I often have to defend myself against it due to Internet nerd rage (note that any defense against the aforementioned SH folks is almost always in jest, not serious fanboy rage like where you might see elsewhere on the Internet... at least I hope so... You guys aren't seriously mad at me about electronics... Right?!). At this point I see it as more of a running joke than anything else, and no ill-will or offense of any sort is intended.

Heh, but the point of what I was trying to say still stands. "Fuck the haters." I certainly don't hate PC fanboys (or any fanboys for that matter), so long as they let me do my business and don't have to point out at every turn what's wrong with what I chose (same general problem I have with atheists vs. Christians, but I dont want to get into rant territory!)

Hope that clears it up. I had hoped that comment was absurd enough coming from me that no one would take it seriously and be upset, but unfortunately not. Sorry,

Edit: Welcome to ScoreHero, where our rants come into our happy threads! ... ...

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an Apple fan, but I can't say I wouldn't mind owning one. I would just prefer a really nice PC for the price an Apple computer comes at. That being said, I was always under the impressions that graphic design was actually easier on an Apple. I don't know if it's because of the software that's available only to Apple computers or what though (I haven't researched this out). But anytime you watch the making of a film or some sort of graphics, Apple computers are being used. I certainly don't hate Apple users. It's much like Coke vs Pepsi to me. I just prefer Pepsi but Coke is alright too I guess if it's all you got. I won't complain

Anyways, got all moved back down south and settling in nicely. The transition was really easy this time around (thank God). My job seriously loves me and it's almost ridiculous how much they already depend on me to keep things in line. Tomorrow I'm going to the water park in Baton Rouge with my brother to enjoy some slides and sun Been a really good past week!
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
That being said, I was always under the impressions that graphic design was actually easier on an Apple. I don't know if it's because of the software that's available only to Apple computers or what though (I haven't researched this out).

Well, I know that big name graphics editing programs such as Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape, Blender, and Maya are all cross-platform (well, there's no Photoshop on Linux). Not horribly convincing evidence, I know, but there are programs out there for Windows/Linux users. I do get annoyed when people act like Macs are the ONLY computers out there that you can edit pictures and videos on since such software does exist; but as far as being the best platform for that kind of thing, I'm not entirely positive. If anyone here would know, it would probably be hailz.

I had a cool zombie and skeleton busting smite IV/knockback II sword a few hours today in Minecraft. Between that and a few potions I felt invincible. Then I got shot by a skeleton and died. Oh well.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also non-denominational about personal computers. Apple fanboys who sneer about "well, a Mac simply never would have had the issues you describe" make me roll my eyes; Apple haterboys who sneer about "a PC could do exactly what you're describing for 60% of the price" also make me roll my eyes. I mean, hey: does the machine you acquired do the things you want and need it to do? And was it available at a price point you're comfortable with? Then great! You have a tool you found suitable for the job at hand - aces for you! I'm not inclined to shit on that, not any more that I'd be receptive to folks clucking about how I could build a MythTV machine when I already have a pretty sweet TiVo filling that function in my life.

In other vaguely ravey news: I have a friend who's a school teacher who failed to get tenured last year, effectively making her unemployed for this summer. And holy geez, is she just gunning for me to (a) please go on one of my county-acquisition road trips and (b) for the love of god, take her with me, because she's going crazy and needs to be anywhere else for a while before she loses it. And she's been framing it in this really quirky fashion, too - sort of a "I hope you don't mind if I'm flirty and/or sexually harassing you along the way, ha ha" sort of setup. I mean, that's a little bit weird... but not gonna lie: it's nice to be wanted, no matter the context. (So I may spend several days in July driving aimlessly around West Virginia, but with a teammate for the first time since, like, 2008. I like having road-tripping companions; that is a solid tick-mark in the "win" column if I can make that come to pass.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers peeps :> also, I just did my Physics final exam, and it went pretty good. Missed out two small questions, but only needed 30% for an A anyway due to my previous results. In this case, good is most certainly good enough. Time to do maths and listen to Chimp Spanner for the remainder of my exams - a pretty sweet agenda if you ask me.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this Anti-Rant thread is actually taking off, I much prefer reading this than it's counterpart

So I was having a conservation with my fiancee last night about what we are getting each other as wedding gift's (late December). I came up with a random $250 budget which buying something for her is very easy but she always has a very hard time buying me gift's since I usually just buy what I want any ways. I already told her that I will buy a few random SNES games as my B-day/Anny/X-mas gifts and she can give me the money for them which she is fine with (Mario RPG FTW).

Getting to the fun part, she asks me last night if there were any other retro systems that I would want and I was like "Hell Yeah, I never had an N64, get me one of those" So my wedding gift is now an N64 with a few random games (I have never played anything on the N64, not even goldeneye or OoT). She still wants to keep maybe $100 for a meaningful gift but I should be able to get a system and at least a couple of games for that.

So yeah, Im sure most of you don't care but I thought it was pretty cool. At least I don't have to pretend to like my wedding gift
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Davers wrote:
That being said, I was always under the impressions that graphic design was actually easier on an Apple. I don't know if it's because of the software that's available only to Apple computers or what though (I haven't researched this out).

Well, I know that big name graphics editing programs such as Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape, Blender, and Maya are all cross-platform (well, there's no Photoshop on Linux). Not horribly convincing evidence, I know, but there are programs out there for Windows/Linux users. I do get annoyed when people act like Macs are the ONLY computers out there that you can edit pictures and videos on since such software does exist; but as far as being the best platform for that kind of thing, I'm not entirely positive. If anyone here would know, it would probably be hailz.

Right, the same programs exist on both, so there really is almost no technical advantage for a designer to use a Mac (if ravagetalon was reading this comment he would rejoice he hates when designers insist Macs are the only good computers to use :p).

I actually was THIS close to just building a PC and saving some money, but when I posted in the BuildAPC reddit, the people there told me that the professional grade monitor I need goes for $700-$1000, and looking at it that way, the iMac is all of the sudden not a bad deal at all (coming from a PC-building forum, I figured this spoke volumes so I'd better just get the Mac like I wanted from the beginning... unless they were just trolling me, but I don't think people who really knew their stuff about PCs would tell someone to get a Mac for the sake of trolling ).

There is the advantage of having a Mac in that you can always run Boot Camp on the off chance you encounter a program you need to use that has no Mac counterpart, whereas it's a lot harder to use a Mac OS on a Windows machine (I looked into building a Hackintosh, and it just seemed like more trouble than it's worth).

But the simple truth is that most designers just prefer it, it's what we learned to work on and let's face it, it would be a real pain in the ass to be the only PC in an office full of Macs. Not to mention my workflow would be completely fucked if I tried to use a PC for work, since damn near everything we do is condensed into just a few keyboard shortcuts and the shortcuts are different on PC (probably something that can be changed, but it still throws me for a loop whenever I have to use a different computer for some reason).

tl;dr - The screen is very good, it's just what everyone else uses.

All that being said, I found this to be an amusing image... the PC-master-race+Valve fanboys would probably have a brain explosion. lol

Edit: I want that turret :O

Edit 2: sukergod that is an amazing wedding gift. I don't have a fun wedding gift story, but we DID spend majority of our honeymoon playing Mario Bros on Wii. Who needs to be adults!? Relevant Comic

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is a pretty awesome wedding gift imo sukergod So much has been missed ! I'm sure you'll enjoy the time spent on your N64

Also, I'm glad : tomorrow, my favorite coworker is back from vacations, which means I'll have someone to talk to. We're working next to each other, so it's pretty easy. You know how sometimes, little conversations with some cool people make your day better ? Well he's one of those people with whom I like to share stuff that has no-little-some-a lot of importance

He's pretty quiet, yet hilarious at times (with no warning, so when I just rofl out of nowhere, people think I'm crazy ). It's also cool because he's almost as old as my dad, but he really doesn't act / talk like a typical +50yo man (as in... my dad). He's a New School man x) Most of the time, we exchange randomness, sometimes seriousness. I like how he never presents his opinions like "I am older, so listen to my words, mortal fools" like most of the people of that age that I know. He even told me he liked my insights on several issues we've discussed, and keeps telling me I should become a therapist because he noticed how much I care for people around me

Anyway, yay he's back ! No more boredom to death !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: