ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Speedrunning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
Anyone else thinks it's cool that GH players are switching to speedrunning? I think it's awesome.

It's actually pretty logical as well, since they're both based around replaying things for optimizations that could be quite small. It's also not as much of a money sink (unless you wanted to run Gimmick or something) so it's easier to get into, and there's more than two series' worth of games.

Also, there's some decently big name runners in the scorehero userlist.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
I'd love to get on there myself since I'm learning to run some games, just too bad the games I do run have like no active players. You have to race a lot to get on it don't you?

Think I remember you, isn't your name different on twitch? Castlevania IV barely has active players as well. I think you need around 40 races and you're automatically on the frontpage. However I've only done a few so far, and was manually whitelisted after Blechy messaged me on IRC one morning.

Quote:
Anyone else thinks it's cool that GH players are switching to speedrunning? I think it's awesome.

Actually Dan (ggamerman) and I, despite being good buds since 2008 with GH, have became great friends through speedrunning. I think it's pretty cool, but it seems everyone runs SM64 or OoT. Not that I have a problem with either game (love them both, actually want to learn them at somepoint), but there's way more to speedrunning than those games and marathons. I could be judging of course. But anyone from GH I've watched a stream of, they only run one of those games. Exception of Snipin because he's been running OoT forever.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
It's actually pretty logical as well, since they're both based around replaying things for optimizations that could be quite small. It's also not as much of a money sink (unless you wanted to run Gimmick or something) so it's easier to get into, and there's more than two series' worth of games.

Also, there's some decently big name runners in the scorehero userlist.
Yeah that's true. Speedrunning and going for FCs are similar. (Especially score runs and squeezing) I've been a fan of watching speed runs for several years, just never bothered to get into it until I got that bored of GH. lol

I do know that BJW is basically the most known SH-er that is also a speedrunner. I watch him a lot. Good job to him on getting sub.

jdamillio wrote:
Think I remember you, isn't your name different on twitch? Castlevania IV barely has active players as well. I think you need around 40 races and you're automatically on the frontpage. However I've only done a few so far, and was manually whitelisted after Blechy messaged me on IRC one morning.
On Twitch, I'm BlueM3tal, which is also my XBL gamertag. I didn't really chat in your stream, but I was watching. :)

Somewhere around 40 races? Dang. I did hear the general reasoning Cosmo would say for the number, but still sucks for those of us who run unpopular games. At the moment I only run Xenosaga, Gundam: Federation vs Zeon, and learning Mega Man Legends 2 and some Mega Man X. (So I have a game to race with at some point) My capture setup isn't quite ideal yet for streaming, so I haven't bothered streaming any runs of anything.

Quote:
Actually Dan (ggamerman) and I, despite being good buds since 2008 with GH, have became great friends through speedrunning. I think it's pretty cool, but it seems everyone runs SM64 or OoT. Not that I have a problem with either game (love them both, actually want to learn them at somepoint), but there's way more to speedrunning than those games and marathons. I could be judging of course. But anyone from GH I've watched a stream of, they only run one of those games. Exception of Snipin because he's been running OoT forever.
Yeah I noticed that. I do watch Dan occasionally when he's doing SM64, though the times I don't are because it's SM64. (As well as OoT for the other players we know of) Maybe I'm just tired of seeing those games.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
I do know that BJW is basically the most known SH-er that is also a speedrunner. I watch him a lot. Good job to him on getting sub.

Perhaps he is.

This much older speedrun thread might be interesting though.

SH Mod Krimmy ran MegaMari last AGDQ, by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx did the MegaMan 9 run yesterday at AGDQ too. Lots of SHers dabble in the speed running as well.
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, I've seen the name Dragondarch recently, and I thought I remembered, or saw the name Dragondarch somewhere a long time ago. Same with BJW. I've seen his name a lot since I started speedrunning, and I was pretty sure he was the same BJW from GH (He got sub? Awesome).

Quote:
On Twitch, I'm BlueM3tal

Yeah I never saw you in my chat actually, but I'm pretty sure I remember that name in Dan's chat not long ago.

Quote:
My capture setup isn't quite ideal yet for streaming, so I haven't bothered streaming any runs of anything.

I simply use a DazzleDVC100. No splitters for SNES (Rf cable in TV, S-Video in the Dazzle. You can have both in the SNES at the same time.), and I use cheap $3 splitters for N64 gameplay using composite. Dazzle audio drivers are very weird though, so I connect audio cables in a line-in cable I purchased a while ago. Works perfectly. Not sure what system you're using but it works great with the older systems.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:

I simply use a DazzleDVC100. No splitters for SNES (Rf cable in TV, S-Video in the Dazzle. You can have both in the SNES at the same time.), and I use cheap $3 splitters for N64 gameplay using composite. Dazzle audio drivers are very weird though, so I connect audio cables in a line-in cable I purchased a while ago. Works perfectly. Not sure what system you're using but it works great with the older systems.
Now that is the solution I should be looking for, haha. I have a Dazzle as well (Two actually, since I lost the first one then found it long after from moving), and the audio was always the problem. I just need a line-in cable of some sort? I mainly play on PS2-gen systems, but everything basically uses the same inputs.

I mainly play games on component. I have a Roxio USB capture for that, but it's audio is just absolute trash. The line-in solution would work for both pretty much, right?

jdamillio  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say 100% it'll fix your problem, but it should. Line-in did the same thing as the dazzle audio with my HP G-60 458DX, but that's a laptop. Note that I was always able to record raw amarec video fine. No audio problems. Only the preview window, and when I streamed, did the audio go pitch-crazy. Here's the one I ordered.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a link.

First two splits are from after I decided to keep best splits after resets, the rest were old, if I had kept old splits the last one would be well over 2 minutes up and the previous time I had had was 4:23 slower.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:

Good for Trihex. He demolished that game.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's so much overlap in the community it's ridiculous

bjw, inv4der, strykerx (usedpizza), lortwogo, undead, z1mb0bw4y, mr. scientist (rheaultwnage), me (xcd), pheenoh (phenomenon), joedamillio, etc. there's a lot more that i cannot think of right now.

if you haven't been watching, pheenoh is taking a break from Twilight Princess and is trying to get a FGFC of GH2 after 4 years of not playing the game. muh nostalgia

btw i offered for big rigs: over the road racing for sgdq. romscout says it is a lock. get hype. (i was going to go anyways, and submitted it because it could raise a lot of money via a donation incentive to do infinite backwards acceleration)
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
zemoo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix did an attempt at this yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/witwix/b/501613752
I don't know how serious he was, he didn't get far before switching to bonus tracks/a different game. He seemed to not know that this thread exists or that other people were entertaining the idea of doing this.

Congrats Southparkhero! Can I request some GH during bonus stream? Even if it's not a speedrun it is high level gaming. They do melee during every bonus stream and did yoshi's cookie this AGDQ so it should be fine.
It'd be nice to see a full band fc attempt or something, it might even get more people to get back into the game.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zemoo wrote:
witwix did an attempt at this yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/witwix/b/501613752
I don't know how serious he was, he didn't get far before switching to bonus tracks/a different game. He seemed to not know that this thread exists or that other people were entertaining the idea of doing this.

Congrats Southparkhero! Can I request some GH during bonus stream? Even if it's not a speedrun it is high level gaming. They do melee during every bonus stream and did yoshi's cookie this AGDQ so it should be fine.
It'd be nice to see a full band fc attempt or something, it might even get more people to get back into the game.

me and z1mb0bw4y were there and we mentioned it. girl i will not mention said we need to make room for actual speedruns, meanwhile MELEE WAS GOING ON IN AN HOUR and of course we had mario party later. it was such bullshit and i was quite angry

we played gh/rb a lot the entire week though. z1m is still amazing at the game, he fc'd jordan solo b pretty easily lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: