ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 16 Leagues (GH3 and GH80s) - Winners Announced!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be any songs that won't be picked due to score differences between platforms? I know that a few songs are one tick short on PS2. I'm thinking of School's Out and perhaps Closer...

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
I'm thinking of School's Out and perhaps Closer...

????

Those songs aren't short of ticks?

GH:80 does have some shenanigans with Wrathchild iirc.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooohhhhhh GH3X... that's gonna be interresting to watch !

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
I'm thinking of School's Out and perhaps Closer...

????

Those songs aren't short of ticks?

GH:80 does have some shenanigans with Wrathchild iirc.

I know RaBl is short 1 tick in the intro, but that's the only song I can think of off the top of my head. And is the Wrathchild issue like the issue in GH2 with songs like Rock This Town? I remember you could get a bunch of extra ticks in the intro if you hit the notes right.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? Lemme try my hand at GH:3 Hard. We'll see what kind of shenanigans I can get myself into.

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to GH3 song choices, I cross that bridge when random.org decides to spit out those songs :p The PS2 is missing tick(s) on a lot more than just those two songs, but in a lot of cases it doesn't really matter except for at the very high end of squeezing. In playoffs I'll definitely try and avoid those kind of songs anyways. Regular seasons though? I may just let Closer appear during the regular season if it shows up just so you can all decide for yourselves whether its worth whacking your head on the desk repeatedly for an additional 4 points. Or, is it already set for week one? Who knows! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

*coughs*

eddaket: The "issue" with Wrathchild is that there's an extra note in... the bridge I think?... in some versions of 80s. No idea how or why, but that somehow happened.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
With regards to GH3 song choices, I cross that bridge when random.org decides to spit out those songs :p The PS2 is missing tick(s) on a lot more than just those two songs, but in a lot of cases it doesn't really matter except for at the very high end of squeezing. In playoffs I'll definitely try and avoid those kind of songs anyways. Regular seasons though? I may just let Closer appear during the regular season if it shows up just so you can all decide for yourselves whether its worth whacking your head on the desk repeatedly for an additional 4 points. Or, is it already set for week one? Who knows! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

*coughs*

eddaket: The "issue" with Wrathchild is that there's an extra note in... the bridge I think?... in some versions of 80s. No idea how or why, but that somehow happened.

Wtf extra notes in Wrathchild? GH:80s is only for the PS2 so idk how that even happens. Was fine whenever I played that song.

EDIT: Nvm I found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73DPce3HXk
Yeah only PAL games seem to have that note according to a comment.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:

Wtf extra notes in Wrathchild? GH:80s is only for the PS2 so idk how that even happens. Was fine whenever I played that song.

EDIT: Nvm I found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73DPce3HXk
Yeah only PAL games seem to have that note according to a comment.
The weird thing is that it isn't even ALL PAL versions, because I certainly FCed it with a 617ns myself. But yes, that.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay me for having that extra note ! But I'm not signing up for gh80 anyway, so unless one of you has it too, I guess you can pick this song during one of the 4 weeks (I guess not for the playoffs, since it's pretty easy to be tied on this song).
LordMathias  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, why not. GH3H for me, huge surprise, #AlwaysHard (inb4 only one person gets that >_>).

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i logged in at just the right time. maybe now i'll finally be able to win a league since there will probably be just 20 of us max.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordMathias wrote:
Sure, why not. GH3H for me, huge surprise, #AlwaysHard (inb4 only one person gets that >_>).

I get it

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't too sure whether to go for it or not, but I guess I COULD improve some of my scores.

GH3H it is... see how bad my squeezing is against everyone else. >__>
Just hope all of the 6 songs I'm never going to FC aren't chosen. :P

EDIT - 8 songs if you include Nothing For Me Here (no idea how I FC'd that) and Minus Celcius (also no idea how I FC'd that).

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, "best" i'll probably get is 5th with the new people who joined the hard league... assuming everyone doesn't turn into a double-squeezing machine >_> Regardless, i'm in it to have fun and improve my scores that are rather old lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Wasn't too sure whether to go for it or not, but I guess I COULD improve some of my scores.

GH3H it is... see how bad my squeezing is against everyone else. >__>
Just hope all of the 6 songs I'm never going to FC aren't chosen. :P

EDIT - 8 songs if you include Nothing For Me Here (no idea how I FC'd that) and Minus Celcius (also no idea how I FC'd that).

i just hope ttfaf is picked the first round. one and rabl i should be able to reFC but i havent played in a long time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: