ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S16 - Guitar Hero 3 - Expert Guitar - Congratulations Bj0rn!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people who end up in hospital I remember that one time where my -1 (turned out to be an overstrum) was m191 I think, after the blue sustain, on the yellow. For some reason, I strummed it : plink

Speaking of quitting, where is this ItO fc ? I hope you haven't given up. Way too close for that.

Also I want to see a finals on In Love or something xD
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chupacabraz wrote:
This song wears down my patience faster than any other song, and I don't have much of it to begin with either. I've managed to develop a mental block at measure 170, and after 15 or so misses at that point, I'm too frustrated to continue.

I'm really sorry for giving up, there is just no motivation left in me.

Wow, that sucks! I guess there are two kinds of mental blocks. The typical one can be fixed by playing on slower (maybe even slowest) a LOT of times, and then slow just as many times. It works as some kind of mental reset. That has been working for me lately. It might sound stupid to play on slower when you used to be able to FC every time on full speed. But you might find that you sometimes stupidly make the same mistake even on that slow speed. That's when you should try to relearn it on basically the lowest speed where it ever happens and only then go up to higher speeds again.

The other kind of mental block is the one that really doesn't go away until you completely give up and forget about the section and then get back to it weeks or months later.

Whichever kind you've got (and there may be more variants), there's nothing you can do without patience.

Btw, didn't realize that you were from Norway . In my head "Chupacabraz" sounds kinda Spanish, heh.
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa whoa. I just got a score that is well above my expectations. I have high hopes for this round.

I'm looking forward to seeing which of our scores is best. I have just FCed once, mainly because I do a random miss just about anywhere in just about every run. Some misses are squeeze related of course, but I tend to do something stupid somewhere. Especially when my arm is the most tired.

But the other reason that I only have one FC which I got over 24 hours ago, is that I, like you, exceeded my expectations. I haven't played any more since that run. I might go for more tonight, because I didn't get 1st if that's what you think. I don't even know how ggamer's score is possible. That's what I'm going to try to figure out now. I do know how to get ukog's score though...
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing which of our scores is best. I have just FCed once, mainly because I do a random miss just about anywhere in just about every run. Some misses are squeeze related of course, but I tend to do something stupid somewhere. Especially when my arm is the most tired.

But the other reason that I only have one FC which I got over 24 hours ago, is that I, like you, exceeded my expectations. I haven't played any more since that run. I might go for more tonight, because I didn't get 1st if that's what you think. I don't even know how ggamer's score is possible. That's what I'm going to try to figure out now. I do know how to get ukog's score though...

http://pathhero.codemann8.com/view.php?path=15829

I bet you're missing something on the last activation. Instead of doing a triple (impossible) squeeze there, try ggamer's alternative. There you go!

I'm not going to reveal which squeezes I hit and which ones I missed just yet. I want Alex to do his best no matter what. I'm also looking forward to seeing which of our scores is best...

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:

http://pathhero.codemann8.com/view.php?path=15829

I bet you're missing something on the last activation. Instead of doing a triple (impossible) squeeze there, try ggamer's alternative. There you go!

Ah, so obvious when you see it. I tried the double on the solo activation (6th act.) a bunch of times, and it just won't happen. The 3rd activation is just beyond possible according to my math. At 194 bpm, the back end would be possible given the "check_time_early: 0.11599999666214" value. That applies to an attempt at activating a note earlier. If you instead activate on the chord and try to hit two reds at the back end, that's further away from being mathematically possible.

But yes, that last activation is it. That's a really ballsy squeeze.

Oh and btw, I wanna take some credit for being the first person to ever hit the 2nd activation squeeze, as far as I'm aware . That was probably back in 2010. I later told ggamer and ukog about it, and now they're 1st and 2nd . Not being anywhere near consistent at FCing this song, this might be the hardest 1st for me to get out of all songs that I actually can FC. But now that I know how, it can at least happen in theory. So I guess optimal is 629,270 (52/02 after first act.) unless ticks are possible on the solo activation. Oh well, no way am a playing this anymore tonight.

That Black Sunshine score, by the way, is all the points that I know of. I guess something extra might be possible on the trill activation (extra 200 or reverse ticks). But there is a small chance that my score is actually optimal. That was the only run that I didn't drop ticks on. I will post videos of both my BS run and TWIE run later (even if I lose, it'll make a nice video).
My youtube channel
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean my ticks on BS were 8 away from optimal? I feel like there has to be more on those first two acts... (maybe not the first, but surely the second)

Anyway, good job Undead on making it to the finals. Unless somehow your score was not saved or something, it is basically a guarantee. I tried and I tried to get another FC, but one was apparently all I had in me. And it just so happened to be a run I completely failed at sp. Regardless, I'm sure you would've beaten whatever my best possible run was- I was pretty much going for 628k (could've gotten it on one run actually, only to miss in the solo) but it sounds like you're closer to 629k. I'm just so tired of this song, and I don't want to waste even more effort when I know it's completely pointless. I'm happy I made it this far, anyway. :p

I'm sure finals will be interesting to watch. Squeezefest!!! (unless ttfaflolz)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what you say is true, I am indeed advancing to the finals! My score was 628408. I was surprised that I hit the insane 600 on 2nd activation... welp, good job for making it this far, I'm looking forward to seeing you again in a future league!

Final song is Holiday In Cambodia, and I'm up against Bj0rn I assume, so good luck to you man. Finally I have a good reason to grind that song to death, even though I'm not as good of a squeezer as you are and you'll probably destroy me by about 1000 points... either way, I'm proud of myself for making it this far and I'll keep doing my best and see if I can pull off something decent.

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, semi-final results (even though all 4 of you already know who's fallen by the wayside):

#1 Bj0rn 628,584 v #4 Chupacabraz 615,754

#3 alexhaz64 624,876 v #2 UndeadFil13QC 628,408

That's some pretty scores there Bj0rn and Undead.

Final Song: Holiday In Cambodia

Due Date: June 22, 2013 @ 11:59pm, 4 days from the time of this post, you guys should know the drill by now.

#1 Bj0rn v #2 UndeadFil13QC

So yeah, random.org thought it'd be funny to have the same final song for both leagues. That was what I was eluding to, nothing more :p

Good luck to you both. I expect a disgustingly close finish
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, turns out I did get the best score on TWIE after all, heh . I had a feeling our scores would be close, Undead, and I have to agree with psx: we both got some pretty scores there . Like I said, I will post a video, but I got the 2nd activation squeeze too. It really is a rather insane squeeze. That was the third time I ever hit it and I was so fortunate that that very run turned out the be the only one where I FCed the rest of the song. I missed 400 on the 4th activation, dropped ticks (72 points) in the solo and did 200 extra on the last act rather than ggamer's 400 extra.

I was so scared that the final song would be TTFAF or RaBl, but HIC obviously fits me better. For some reason, I worry at the beginning of every round that I will have a mental block and end up with an embarrassing non-FC score. Let's just say that I'm happy that this round is longer than one day, because I really sucked at the intro today. I seriously hope that I can find some sort of consistency, even if its just one FC every 15 attempts. But whatever, I just worry too much :P (that non-FC of CoP week 3 was kinda embarrassing though )

I wish you good luck, Undead! We're both past winners of this league. If you win, we'll have 2 each. I remember now, one of the main motivators for me to come back out of nowhere and join this league was specifically to prevent you from stealing my title of most times champion of the GH3X AAA-1 league
My youtube channel

Last edited by Bj0rn on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddaket  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is the best to go for an fc because, with the hard part at the very beginning, practice mode is useless. That and every fc of the hard part should be a song fc no question.

Good luck to both
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
So, turns out I did get the best score on TWIE after all, heh . I had a feeling our scores would be close, undead, and I have to agree with psx: we both got some pretty scores there . Like I said, I will post a video, but I got the 2nd activation squeeze too. It really is a rather insane squeeze. That was the third time I ever hit it and I was so fortunate that that very run turned out the be the only one where I FCed the rest of the song. I missed 400 on the 4th activation, dropped ticks (72 points) in the solo and did 200 extra on the last act rather than ggamer's 400 extra.

I was so scared that the final song would be TTFAF or RaBl, but HIC obviously fits me better. For some reason, I worry at the beginning of every round that I will have a mental block and end up with an embarrassing non-FC score. Let's just say that I'm happy that this round is longer than one day, because I really sucked at the intro today. I seriously hope that I can find some sort of consistency, even if its just one FC every 15 attempts. But whatever, I just worry too much :P (that non-FC of CoP week 3 was kinda embarrassing though )

I wish you good luck, undead! We're both past winners of this league. If you win, we'll have 2 each. I remember now, one of the main motivators for me to come back out of nowhere and join this league was specifically to prevent you from stealing my title of most times champion of the GH3X AAA-1 league

The same thing happened to me on TWIE, pretty much, except I didn't go for an extra 200 on last activation and dropped less ticks.

I'm glad that I'm about 95% consistent on HIC's intro. I can almost hit the first insane 400, it pretty much only depends on my whammy. I can get decent ticks on second activation, which is my least favorite squeeze in the song -_- Also, I swear I could get an extra 400 on 4th activation, it's just a matter of being lucky enough. Last activation is obviously a choke point; I've already lost a couple runs there today...

May the best squeezer win

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
So, turns out I did get the best score on TWIE after all, heh . I had a feeling our scores would be close, undead, and I have to agree with psx: we both got some pretty scores there . Like I said, I will post a video, but I got the 2nd activation squeeze too. It really is a rather insane squeeze. That was the third time I ever hit it and I was so fortunate that that very run turned out the be the only one where I FCed the rest of the song. I missed 400 on the 4th activation, dropped ticks (72 points) in the solo and did 200 extra on the last act rather than ggamer's 400 extra.

I wish you good luck, undead! We're both past winners of this league. If you win, we'll have 2 each. I remember now, one of the main motivators for me to come back out of nowhere and join this league was specifically to prevent you from stealing my title of most times champion of the GH3X AAA-1 league

The same thing happened to me on TWIE, pretty much, except I didn't go for an extra 200 on last activation and dropped less ticks.

I'm glad that I'm about 95% consistent on HIC's intro. I can almost hit the first insane 400, it pretty much only depends on my whammy. I can get decent ticks on second activation, which is my least favorite squeeze in the song -_- Also, I swear I could get an extra 400 on 4th activation, it's just a matter of being lucky enough. Last activation is obviously a choke point; I've already lost a couple runs there today...

May the best squeezer win

i did just post in the hard league that an extra 400 is indeed possible on the 4th squeeze. we might be seeing a new 1st come out of these leagues.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that extra 400 is possible, but ballsy hard. I wonder what the probability is of hitting it in a good run with decent ticks...

EDIT: Welp I finally had a run where I hit everything I know I was capable of hitting. It's barely even improvable at this point. Best of luck to you, Bj0rn.

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Bj0rn 506,136 v #2 UndeadFil13QC 505,740

Your winner, and once again reigning overlord... I mean GH3X Champion: Bj0rn!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I knew I was no match against you, I was never able to hit that crazy extra 400. I had insane ticks though, but it wasn't enough as I expected. Oh well...

Thanks for being such a ferocious competitor. Hoping to see you in a future GH3X league!

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet mother of jesus, i thought that was a crazy score undead but bj0rn took shit to a serious level. how didnt he uploaded his score to the database ?

congratz to bj0rn for winning the S16 Expert League !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: