ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Long streaks of the same note

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Long streaks of the same note Reply with quote

I'm trying to FGFC GH:VH, and currently I'm trying Romeo Delight. The problem with this song is that endless streak of open notes in the "Feel My Heartbeat" part. I can't seem to keep a good combo without messing up. Why is this happening to me and how can I stop it?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Long streaks of the same note Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I'm trying to FGFC GH:VH, and currently I'm trying Romeo Delight. The problem with this song is that endless streak of open notes in the "Feel My Heartbeat" part. I can't seem to keep a good combo without messing up. Why is this happening to me and how can I stop it?

I've not played the song, but I just looked at the chart and it appears to me that the tempo changes quite frequently which means the rhythm you strum will have to adjust accordingly. Much like the strumming at the end of Sweet Home Alabama (Live), except not as fast as that.

I would've said try strumming in sets of 8 (so count 8 in your head) to see if that helps, but as the tempo changes I doubt that would work.

I tried to find a video on YouTube of a bass FC where you can hear the strumming so that way you can learn how to do it, but I can't find one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most I can tell you is to be really attentive to both the small breaks in the strumming and the tempo changes because the latter is pretty noticeable in that part. Keep your eyes on the fretline so you can watch when you're strumming too fast or too slow, and don't forget that the entire section ends on an upstrum, I believe. So long as you don't restart at every break, at least.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I got the FC by turning the drums to the highest volume and the other instruments to the lowest volume (turns out the off-beat guitar was distracting me), but these tips might be helpful for future FCs!
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Thanks guys! I got the FC by turning the drums to the highest volume and the other instruments to the lowest volume (turns out the off-beat guitar was distracting me), but these tips might be helpful for future FCs!

Yep, the song feels weird because the repeated "Feel My Heartbeat" vocals get behind the actual beat of the strumming for both guitar and bass, so you gotta ignore it. Good job on the FC!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant be worse than Let There Be Rock (Live) on Medium Bass in RB:AC/DC. there's a yellow streak of probably 500 notes. it's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
cant be worse than Let There Be Rock (Live) on Medium Bass in RB:AC/DC. there's a yellow streak of probably 500 notes. it's ridiculous.

The thing is, though, that streak is the same tempo the entire time. The only thing that may change is the frequency of the notes (at least on Hard and Expert).

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

The thing is, though, that streak is the same tempo the entire time. The only thing that may change is the frequency of the notes (at least on Hard and Expert).

not the same tempo, it switches a few times during the song, hard to keep track. im shocked to have FCed it because of that,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: