ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captainoffun22  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this but with the setlist the songs I like the most are the repeats as there is not many new songs I like.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captainoffun22 wrote:
I hate to say this but with the setlist the songs I like the most are the repeats as there is not many new songs I like.
this is it for me

I really want to like this game and some of its ideas related to GHTV and the new controller and that Cowboys from Hell footage looks good

But holy fuck the setlist is so bad

Like I'm not a teenage boy listening to radio rock/metal anymore

That kind of music is TOTALLY FINE in those games when it's balanced by other genres that other people like as well, but it isn't really done well here so I'm not interested. Half the songs breaking the mold were in an older GH already

I've been really, really patient with this game but I can't defend it anymore tbh. I might get it at bargain bin prices after it blows over

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
missingno42128  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pantera a shit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
It's not the Guitar Hero I loved for years.

This is partly why I am so excited. A change-up needed to happen, and I am glad it did.

And honestly, free DLC is an incredible prospect. "Try before you buy" taken to the next level. It is a ballsy move on Activision's part, and I am stoked to start playing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
It's not the Guitar Hero I loved for years.

This is partly why I am so excited. A change-up needed to happen, and I am glad it did.

And honestly, free DLC is an incredible prospect. "Try before you buy" taken to the next level. It is a ballsy move on Activision's part, and I am stoked to start playing

Not in this way though. I'm for freshening up a series that certainly needed it, but the direction it took was completely wrong. It just seems like they removed every ounce of charm the series might've had for this broadened mainstream appeal.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hear that in the soundtrack alone. I think the image of a rock star is a bit dated, so instead we have more pop/radio/festival afternoon kind of music

Which doesn't quite always work with a guitar because a guitar isn't always prominent or even present in those genres like it is in good ol' silly rock & roll

Now that I type it out it kinda reminds me of what keys did to RB3's soundtrack, only a lot more severe

Accomplishments:

missingno42128  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
I can hear that in the soundtrack alone. I think the image of a rock star is a bit dated, so instead we have more pop/radio/festival afternoon kind of music

Which doesn't quite always work with a guitar because a guitar isn't always prominent or even present in those genres like it is in good ol' silly rock & roll

Now that I type it out it kinda reminds me of what keys did to RB3's soundtrack, only a lot more severe

What are you talking about? RB3's soundtrack was great! I think it forced them to choose some more interesting artists, like Phish.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rb3's soundtrack wasn't too bad but it definitely favored certain genres & styles over others because it had to limit itself (mostly) to songs with a keyboard part. Keys aren't a given standard in rock music in the same way that guitars aren't a given standard in modern pop music

Coincidentally it also had an uncomfortable amount of GH repeats

Accomplishments:

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestBuy Canada pre-order are up. the pre-order bonus

ONLINE ONLY PRE-ORDER BONUS
Pre-order Guitar Hero Live and get access to bonus content in Guitar Hero TV, including a premium show, custom note highway and more!
A code will be packaged inside the box.

also there's only 1 price so far and it's a Guitar Bundle. whatever the console, either ps3/360/wiiu/ps4/x1, it's always 129.99$CAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered my copy today! I put $25 down on a 2-guitar bundle at GameStop (full price $149.99, for those interested). I figure $50 extra for another guitar for when people are over, or when my first guitar inevitably breaks from wear and tear is a good investment. I am excited for the prospect of a new Guitar Hero that I won't immediately and grind out FC's. I will have Rock Band 4 for that, and this is a refreshing change in the sense that I already feel dyslexic when I look at some of these Veteran gameplay clips. I'm going to end up taping my pinky down to keep myself from trying to use it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
I pre-ordered my copy today! I put $25 down on a 2-guitar bundle at GameStop (full price $149.99, for those interested). I figure $50 extra for another guitar for when people are over, or when my first guitar inevitably breaks from wear and tear is a good investment. I am excited for the prospect of a new Guitar Hero that I won't immediately and grind out FC's. I will have Rock Band 4 for that, and this is a refreshing change in the sense that I already feel dyslexic when I look at some of these Veteran gameplay clips. I'm going to end up taping my pinky down to keep myself from trying to use it

It cost you $150 for 2 guitars, for me that is the price for 1.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:

I totally didn't realize there was a dual pack. Upgraded my pre-order to that.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably only interesting to A7X fans

Quote:
M. Shadows, lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold acknowledges the band's history with the series and says the band wanted to do something different for Guitar Hero Live. "We are offering fans exclusive content if they get the game pre-release," he tells us. "The whole idea of the game being from the artist's perspective and looking at a crowd... what we're going to do with our exclusive content is you get to see an Avenged Sevenfold crowd at Download Festival or Mexico City we're still working out the details and kind of see what it's like on stage as one of us and playing three live tracks that you can't get anywhere else. So, instead of putting out a track that everybody's already heard, these are going to be exclusive tracks just for Guitar Hero."

Avenged Sevenfold has provided music for the Black Ops series in the past, establishing a strong relationship with Activision. While they haven't determined the live songs that will appear in Guitar Hero Live, the band is currently picking from a list of seven songs. "We're going to need to figure out which ones are going to be the most technical for the fans we want to put up some cool technical stuff and which ones are going to translate best to that setting," M. Shadows says. "The people at Activision are like a part of our family for so long now, so we wanted to do something special for Guitar Hero just because Activision has been so good to us and try to stay really loyal to their games."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/22/avenged-sevenfolds-m-shadows-talks-bands-involvement-with-guitar-hero-live.aspx
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
In all honesty with no bias I think Guitar Hero Live will be a flash in the pan. People will be interested at first and then it's going to nose dive. They really shot themselves in the gut (not just the foot) with the way they're approaching it. They're bleeding out and they don't even know it yet. GH Live TV sounds like a neat idea playing simultaneously with other people live, but what happens when interest inevitably wanes and you want to play at 2am but there's no one else playing? What happens when funds get tight due to the above and it becomes harder to license material..channels with 3 songs on repeat? I'm telling you if you want to have fun with this, buy it at launch and get your fun in quick.

in all honestly, I'm not sure i'll love this game, but this post by singe made me realize he might be right. I'll get the kit on launch and FC as much as I can before everything get pulled. unless they have a better plan toward this game, it will failed miserably.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singem says no bias but there's clearly a bias when his scenario depends on "nobody" playing the game based on what? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:
What happens when funds get tight due to the above and it becomes harder to license material

Pretty sure that's not a concern, you can already see the record labels are fully behind this Guitar Hero Spotify idea.

Seems like a lot of you just want to play the old GH games, so go play them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 31 of 69

Jump to: