ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captainoffun22  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
I feel like a total n00b. if you empty your Play token bank every day, the next day you will get 3 free tokens.

It's kind of cool, been doing it on ios but on xbox i have no idea how to use all my 510 plays.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captainoffun22 wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
I feel like a total n00b. if you empty your Play token bank every day, the next day you will get 3 free tokens.

It's kind of cool, been doing it on ios but on xbox i have no idea how to use all my 510 plays.

510 ??? wtf ! i'd be playing the entire catalog asap lol how did you end up with that much ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
Captainoffun22 wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

510 ??? wtf ! i'd be playing the entire catalog asap lol how did you end up with that much ?

Been using my coins when i get like 30k.

But on ios i do have the coins for 250 plays but i'm just saving up coins on ios.

But by the end of my party pass i would like have 560 plays i guess.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally bought the game yesterday. At Best Buy, it's on sale at 60 bucks, plus with the Gamers Club thing, that's 10% more off and then I had 15 bucks in certificates, so I got it pretty cheap. Glad too, because man that setlist is garbage.

The only saving grace I've seen is that the gameplay is really good. It's hard having to basically unlearn half of what I did for like the past 10 years and need to learn all brand new techniques. I played through the main songs all on Advance and still had trouble at times, which is partially me, but I feel is still partially the fault of the games kinda weak UI. I find it hard to see the changes at times, hammer-ons basically disappear when you hero power, and certain chords are really hard to nail.

The live action stuff is...alright. I don't think it's very good in general and losing out on your own custom characters wasn't worth it so that you are forced to play with a few dozen different randoms.

If this didn't have the shift in gameplay, this would be easily the worst release in the main series by a large margin. Can't say too much about GHTV as I just finished the main game, but I still don't really like it's setup much at all and I don't like that I'll likely have to play a bunch of songs I don't like, just to save up plays for ones that I do.
Captainoffun22  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Finally bought the game yesterday. At Best Buy, it's on sale at 60 bucks, plus with the Gamers Club thing, that's 10% more off and then I had 15 bucks in certificates, so I got it pretty cheap. Glad too, because man that setlist is garbage.

The only saving grace I've seen is that the gameplay is really good. It's hard having to basically unlearn half of what I did for like the past 10 years and need to learn all brand new techniques. I played through the main songs all on Advance and still had trouble at times, which is partially me, but I feel is still partially the fault of the games kinda weak UI. I find it hard to see the changes at times, hammer-ons basically disappear when you hero power, and certain chords are really hard to nail.

The live action stuff is...alright. I don't think it's very good in general and losing out on your own custom characters wasn't worth it so that you are forced to play with a few dozen different randoms.

If this didn't have the shift in gameplay, this would be easily the worst release in the main series by a large margin. Can't say too much about GHTV as I just finished the main game, but I still don't really like it's setup much at all and I don't like that I'll likely have to play a bunch of songs I don't like, just to save up plays for ones that I do.

For me GHTV is the best part, at the beginning on GHTV i hated so many songs that i had to play but over time they grown on me.

And even sometimes it made me want to go buy it in Rock Band but then sometimes i go think why would i go buy it on RB when i can play it for free on GHTV.

I would say give GHTV ago, GHL is no where near the worst GH game.

The thing that makes it hard is that there is so much change.

At the start i hated GHL and to me RB4 sounded like the way i wanted it to be, that being that i wanted it to be the same game but in the end i ended up getting bored with RB4 really fast but GHL/TV ended up being my favorite release of both of them.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captainoffun22 wrote:

For me GHTV is the best part, at the beginning on GHTV i hated so many songs that i had to play but over time they grown on me.

And even sometimes it made me want to go buy it in Rock Band but then sometimes i go think why would i go buy it on RB when i can play it for free on GHTV.

I would say give GHTV ago, GHL is no where near the worst GH game.

The thing that makes it hard is that there is so much change.

At the start i hated GHL and to me RB4 sounded like the way i wanted it to be, that being that i wanted it to be the same game but in the end i ended up getting bored with RB4 really fast but GHL/TV ended up being my favorite release of both of them.

I'm totally gonna play a bunch of GHTV, I'm not planning to drop the game, at least I hope not, but you can't persuade me that this isn't the single worst GH game in the main series lol (GH1,2,3,WT,5,WoR). It's gameplay is so far pretty great, but nearly everything else, excluding GHTV, is just bad or poor to me.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHTV is awesome. GH Live itself is alright.
unpopular opinion: gh5 is the worst GH/RB game

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rock vs. Hip Hop (3/22-3/29)

Erase Me (ft. Kanye West) - Kid Cudi
Villain (ft. A$AP Ferg) - Liam Bailey
Let It Rock (ft. Lil Wayne) - Kevin Rudolf
'
Requirements:
American You - Yelawolf
The Rifle's Spiral - The Shins
Believer - American Authors
Reward: Booster pack

Punk Rock Connection (3/22-4/5)

The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem
Go Down in History - Four Year Strong
Brandenburg Gate (ft. Tim Armstrong) - Anti-Flag

Requirements:

Girls & Boys - Good Charlotte
The Ocean - Tonight Alive
In Too Deep - Sum 41
Reward: Booster pack

Added to catalog:
Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly
What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
Burn Baby Burn - Ash
Rubberband - The Gills
Most Space - Worriers
Stroke - Lyger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:

I'd probably have placed GH5 pretty low on the list before now, battling for position with GHWT probably at the bottom. GHL wins the worst spot because of the songs, the amount of songs, the nothing live action stuff, and kind of a weak playing interface. GHTV could be amazing and it would still be the worst lol
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:

true. I havn't played much GHL/GHTV but what I've seen from it (on streams like JasonParadise), it looks pretty cool. GH5 however is terrible. The engine is broken, i find the vocal engine even worse then WT (i can actually manage to fc stuff on wt, not the case on gh5)
WT obviously has it's flaws too

I know I say band hero should count in the guitar hero fsfc (i believe so, so that would make it one of the worst i guess?) but yeah, gh5 engine is terrible. atleast the instruments they sold with them were okay (well, drumset was better, not a fan of the 5tar)

Van Halen is an underrated game tbh. Alot of people call it the worst, not really sure why unless it's because they put mostly lee roth era songs. I love it still.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH5 was/is fun. IDK where you all are coming from.

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to start dragging this off topic, so I'll start up a new thread where we can discuss ranking for the heck of it. Gonna start trying to play a bunch of GHTV, so I'll be back later about that.
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I'll start up a new thread where we can discuss ranking for the heck of it.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110395&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
I'll start up a new thread where we can discuss ranking for the heck of it.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110395&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Woops, shoulda searched deeper before I posted the new thread lol Oh well, that thread is a year old, so a fresh one should be fine.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new update live, sound very interesting !

https://community.freestylegames.com/community/freestylegames/blog/2016/03/23/the-march-update-ghtv-opens-the-arena-doors#.VvJh0OrjfU8.twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 66 of 69

Jump to: