ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHL Guitar Quality
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: GHL Guitar Quality Reply with quote

OK so is anyone else experiencing note streaks ending from nothing but the game not recognizing a strum? On top of this, my white 3 button squeaks loud, and my down strum is extra squeaky. Ive tried giving it the fast alt-strum treatment to see if the controller was in a funk but it didn't fix. Should i take it back to get another one or give it some time? (i do have a warranty on the guitar) Also I'd like to take this time to say: R.I.P. you will be forever missed
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3rd white button is also a bit squeaky but everything else seems fine. Every strum registers and I don't think I have ever experienced an extra strum. Are you sure you're missing notes for no reason? It might be the case, but it's also possible that you're trying to hit notes too early. I do get that a lot, it's frustrating but hey, it's literally my fault for not being used to the engine yet. If it does skip strums though, you should return it and get a new one.

Also, keep cellphones and everything that could interfer away from the guitar and dongle, and use a USB extension cord to make sure the dongle is as close as possible to you.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly it may just be the engine. i just went back and played GH3 and man the amount of times i would see blue and orange and only go as far as yellow was abysmal. lol i guess its something to get used to. Definitely keep in practice for both the old style and this new GH. its tough to switch,
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is definitely broken. My downstrum works sometimes, but most of the time it overstrums on almost every single note. Disappointed! Going to try and return it tomorrow though. Disappointed overall, I've owned a lot of GH stuff but never had anything broken out of the box. Hopefully the second time is the trick

gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experiences with the guitars has been less than stellar. When I got my game/guitar set, and finally got it calibrated to the point that it was fairly playable, note streak breaks continued. I went into the menus and alternate strummed and it was horrible. It would alternate strum okay if done slowly but as soon as you reached about quarter note pace, it would strum up twice or down two or three times. Just awful.

So I got a new bundle and this guitar, while better, still overstrums regularly and I am finding myself playing most songs downstrumming only. I do not want to get into that habit though because I'm playing on Regular now to get used to this new button scheme. Downstrumming only is not going to be useful at all when I kick it up a notch.

So yeah, the guitar hasn't been very good to me so far.

On another note: has anyone had trouble getting onto GHTV? I have been unable to connect to it since yesterday and can't find any type of status page online. I figured someone here would mention it if it was down but I haven't seen anything.
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having trouble connecting as well. I would be in the middle of a song sometimes and it'd kick me back to the main menu. Back to the guitar, I'm wondering if maybe they lost money on the WT guitar? It was by far the best one they ever made. Why not go back to the same style? Instead we have un-responsive strums and Rock Band style frets? I don't get why they needed to trend backwards. If I wanted a Rock Band guitar, I would've bought Rock Band.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked this up today. No real problems with the guitar so far. The strum bar is a little loud for my liking but other than that, the quality seems ok.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a bit louder than the last guitars, but the quality is overall pretty good. nothing bad to about it other than the useless whammy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
it is a bit louder than the last guitars, but the quality is overall pretty good. nothing bad to about it other than the useless whammy.

It's a shame too because the whammy is well made and positioned! Much better than the RB4 guitar!
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traded for another guitar. Down strumming is fine, but sometimes upstrums cause over strumming. Guess you can't win them all but this is much more fun

gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
Traded for another guitar. Down strumming is fine, but sometimes upstrums cause over strumming. Guess you can't win them all but this is much more fun

I posted on reddit today that I was able to fix my guitar. I've been playing for over an hour with zero issues after loosening the screws that hold the board with the switches behind the strum bar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GuitarHero/comments/3q24go/down_strumming_issue2nd_guitar/cwboj72
DrunkOM  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real problems with it. The strum bar is really loud and sounds clunky instead of clicky, and not squeeky like my GHWT guitar. I exchanged for a new one and it's almost the exact same. It's a little disappointing, but they've both worked ok.

I wonder if it's just normal on this guitar or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

I posted on reddit today that I was able to fix my guitar. I've been playing for over an hour with zero issues after loosening the screws that hold the board with the switches behind the strum bar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GuitarHero/comments/3q24go/down_strumming_issue2nd_guitar/cwboj72

Giving it a try. My overstrumming issues are very few and far, but it is one reason I don't have any FC's....

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having some disconnection issues tonight. The guitar will randomly disconnect and I'll have to hard reboot my entire console for it to work again.

Edit: I knew this dongle looked cheap. The status light on it won't even turn on now...
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
gitarzann wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

Giving it a try. My overstrumming issues are very few and far, but it is one reason I don't have any FC's....

Unfortunately, the fix I was able to do has unraveled. Why, I have no clue but I have an idea.

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I seem to recall that in past GH games, if you were scrolling through the setlist, if you held down the strum bar, there was a very slight delay before the list would start scrolling. That delay does not exist on these guitars-- at least none of the ones that I have gotten. As soon as you press down or up on the strum bar, the strum goes strumming away immediately.

That means, if you don't strum really quickly and let go of the strum bar, it's going to register more than once because of the lack of a slight delay. You may not even realize that you are holding the strum bar in the strum position a millisecond longer than you should because there was compensation built into past controllers. I am guessing the delay in previous games (if there was one, I swear I remember that being the case) was designed to avoided this overstrumming from happening while allowing players to hold down the bar to scroll through the song list.

I haven't changed anything on my guitar since I fixed it yesterday and just played something on GHTV by just slapping the bar down for each note and not holding the bar the usual way I play and I did not have this issue.

Not sure if any of this is good info but it's becoming extremely frustrating to be unable to enjoy this really fun game because of poorly made controllers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: