ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best way to make use of GHTV?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Best way to make use of GHTV? Reply with quote

First of all, let me just say that the internet connection is shoddy on GHTV. It may just be my connection, but it will randomly kick me out during a song or going through menus. I don't know if this is an issue with the service itself or what.

Ok, assuming my internet works fine...what is the best way to get the most out of GHTV? I am a completionist and I do want to play and 5 star every song they have available. The thing is, your options seem to be very one sided. The music catalogue option is nice, but you're forced to either save up for "plays" or buy the 24 hour pass each day.

I think that it would be great if either A) you can buy each song for 1.99 just like regular DLC, or B) have more offers such as "1 week for 30.99", or "1 month for 89.99".

But with the offers available, how have you been getting the most out of this service?
Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the free channels and trying to play shows that I wouldn't normally want to play. For example, I may be more prone to playing the Metal hour, but might purposely play the Indie Showcase to broaden my experience. Any plays and coins I save up go towards upgrades and subsequently playing songs I haven't gotten a chance to play yet. On a long enough timeline everything will get played without spending a dime. My preorder bonus hero cash alone gave me over 200 plays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to make a new topic but why is the 5 star score threshold so high on GHTV? You can only mess up like twice, then if you mess up again you aren't getting 5 stars. Does it just seem so high because the stars weren't adjusted for lack of star power? Is there any way to get legitimate star power for the GHTV songs?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play the free channels. you don't spend play token, rack up some coins and all the scores you do transfer in the music selection. Im not seeing any use so far other than "I want to play this song so bad right now" or some friends at a party that want to try certain songs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
I don't want to make a new topic but why is the 5 star score threshold so high on GHTV? You can only mess up like twice, then if you mess up again you aren't getting 5 stars. Does it just seem so high because the stars weren't adjusted for lack of star power? Is there any way to get legitimate star power for the GHTV songs?

It's a hero power you unlock at a higher level (15 I think). Eventually you can upgrade your multiplier so that it goes up to x7 which makes 5*ing songs trivial.
mninp  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
mninp wrote:

It's a hero power you unlock at a higher level (15 I think). Eventually you can upgrade your multiplier so that it goes up to x7 which makes 5*ing songs trivial.

Thanks. I think I'll just use the original Star Power "Hero Power" once I unlock it. That way it's not too easy to 5 star songs either.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Hero Powers (except the first Bomb one) have a limited number of uses. You can buy more uses with coins (and Hero Cash?).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
All Hero Powers (except the first Bomb one) have a limited number of uses. You can buy more uses with coins (and Hero Cash?).

Wow I didn't realize that. That's dumb. At least with the "Plays", you can pretty much play a ton of songs without paying a dime since you earn coins for every song you play. I've played over 50 songs on GHTV without paying anything yet. But using money to buy more uses of Hero Powers...that's ridiculous.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
Mr.Scientist wrote:

Wow I didn't realize that. That's dumb. At least with the "Plays", you can pretty much play a ton of songs without paying a dime since you earn coins for every song you play. I've played over 50 songs on GHTV without paying anything yet. But using money to buy more uses of Hero Powers...that's ridiculous.

~ FREEMIUM ~

GesterX  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
mninp wrote:
Mr.Scientist wrote:

~ FREEMIUM ~

Indeed. The main problem with GHTV is that there is one currency which allows you to play On Demand, get Hero Powers, and upgrade your guitar. It kind of sucks to have to choose between competing with online players and having a few goes on a song you like.
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but that's how they get people to start paying to open up GHTV. You CAN get everything you want out of it without paying a dime over what you spent on the game bundle, but it'll be a bit of a pain.

Thankfully, I think it's a little less of a pain for the likes of us who are still on SH in the year 2015, who will be getting 1st place more or less any time they get on one of the channels and as a result can rack up coins really quickly.

I have a lot of fun playing on the channels, personally, thanks to the score-chase format- it's satisfying getting on an online game and win with double the score of your next closest opponent and it encourages me to play a lot of songs I'd be very unlikely to pick from the catalog on my own, a lot of which end up being quite fun.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of the bomb? You blow up all the notes on the screen and get no points for them, correct? So why would you use it at all?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
What is the point of the bomb? You blow up all the notes on the screen and get no points for them, correct? So why would you use it at all?

I think it increases your multiplier doesn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
gitarzann wrote:

I think it increases your multiplier doesn't it?

It adds to your streak and your multiplier. I also think it does add to your score because there have been time where I'm in 5th, use the bomb, then come out in 2nd. Also, I found if you use the bomb at the end while you have a large enough combo, you can wipe out the last of the chart and get a strong finish.

EDIT: Ninja'd Graf :3

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream

Last edited by 2003041 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:

You do get points for them, as well as increasing your multiplier by the number of notes that are 'sploded. One could theoretically use it to avoid a particular chord change that they don't usually hit, or to keep a multiplier through a tough solo/section that they won't combo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: