ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHTV Premium is broken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: GHTV Premium is broken Reply with quote

Here's a video of me going through the Premium Show, showing you just how broken the AI is in the game.

Part 1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxfovl5inp4xypf/2015%20Rocks%20Pt%201.MTS?dl=0

Part 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5pmn0qmpsdp5t8/2015%20Rocks%20Pt%202.MTS?dl=0

Part 3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7cm84u9u3mkhvi/2015%20Rocks%20Pt%203.MTS?dl=0

I separated each part by song. Explanation of what you see:

I start the Premium Show on Advanced.

In the first song, Izzy is clearly dominating everyone by getting a ridiculously high score on Expert, even though i'm only playing on Advanced, and can't get anywhere close to his score even with double multiplier (couple misses that were my fault, I FC'd the chart before). I very rarely win the first song, because it's not common for Izzy to play on Advanced on lower for the first song (even if you play on Regular, he'll still be on Expert and outscore you).

In the second song, this is where things really hit the fan. In the first run, Izzy is still on Expert and it appears that he keeps a constant score above mine the entire song, even though I almost FC'd it on Advanced on this run (again, I have FC'd the chart before, like the first song). Another thing you'll notice is that I do NOT receive the Hero Powers from hitting the regions. This is a glitch that is only fixable by quitting out of the Premium Show and restarting. Now the problem here is that because I can't use any hero powers to boost my score, it's impossible for me to win against Izzy while he's on Expert and doing insanely well for them being AI on the highest difficulty. After quitting out and restarting, I get screw-jobbed even more by getting bumped down to Regular, even though I never switched difficulties at any point during the premium show, which is also another glitch that happens during premium shows.

In the third song, Izzy ends up being on a higher difficulty than me once again, as I'm still on Regular difficulty, instead of Advanced like I chose at the beginning. I quit out of the song so I don't lose the premium show, then I try to force the difficulty back to Advanced in Quickplay (which is generally how you would switch the primary difficulty played on when you load up the game and then go into GHTV), but as you can see, it has me locked into Regular, even though I didn't want that difficulty at all. Probably another glitch that doesn't allow it to revert to the originally chosen difficulty for the final song. At the results screen, you notice that Izzy was dumbed down for unknown reasons on that run, so I was able to get overall 1st for the premium show.

To conclude, Premium Shows can be very annoying, assuming you don't play them on Expert and don't quit out ever or get glitched out of using any hero powers... if it wasn't for the fact that I was doing it just to get double the coins to speed up me finishing the last two guitar upgrades, I would probably not care enough to do them more than once (and even then, it would only be for the special player cards associated with the premium show for that week).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting. this is the only 2nd time I get beat by Izzy on Casual. I always win. what time did you set these runs ? I suspect time might affect the runs as well. I know time does affect when you play on demand songs as other player's score will vary if you play in the afternoon and if late at night.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Ai would be affected by that, seeing as it's not an actual persons' score that you're playing against, it's purely AI (and the AI never gets the same score twice, from what I have seen during the Premium Shows).

This happened to me both in the afternoon and at night (cst), no difference.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they cranked up the AI difficulty for these rewards to be sure only the top player could get it.

did you get the special card ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I got the special card (looks like an animal I believe, for this week). I can't find the A7X player card anywhere, was it only available for a limited time in an earlier Premium Show prize? The only premum show that should be difficult was the one for the Face Melter player card, all the other ones should be easy. I figured out a reliable way to get easy AI to play against:

Start up GH Live in quickplay with Advanced, exit and go into GHTV. Play one song while on Advanced on GHTV. Now start the Premium Show, but choose your difficulty as REGULAR. Play through part of the first song, quit out, then go back into the same premium show. It shouldn't give you an option to choose a difficulty again (since you selected it before), but now you will be playing on Advanced instead of Regular, because that's the difficulty you had it set to before you started the premium show. All the AI have about half the score that I do, and I never have to use Hero Power against them (then again, i'm getting a FC or near-FC on Advanced against them).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will test this out with regular and casual later on and get back if it does work too.

you had both a A7X highway and player card. if you didn't get it, well too bad. it should be under "player card" if you got it tho as mine is there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didn't get the game until after that Premium Show ended, that's too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that this method work as well for Casual/Regular. Got the Player Card. thank you for the very nice tip Koushiro !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, but with this new update, it seems to be hotfixed. If you quit out of the Premium Show at any time, it makes you pay for it AGAIN (unless you haven't played it 3 times yet, then it'll just have you replay all 3 opening songs again with the requirements) and start all over

Thankfully, the AI is a lot more relaxed when you play on Advanced, typically 95% or lower (assuming you're at max level with max upgrades, anyway, not sure about lower levels). I tried doing it on Regular, and can never seem to get the AI to NOT play on a higher difficulty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was able to get the rewards on Casual yesterday. I didnt quit so cant tell if they make you pay again tho. that would suck alot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept track of my Hero Cash, it did make me pay again after quitting. So that option is no longer possible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok that's why you had to restart again. if you play the songs, unless you finish the whole show, if you quit in the middle of a song, you start over the song without having to play the requisities again. Had to do it yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: