ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
elScarecrow is Ahab and the White Whale is slain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: elScarecrow is Ahab and the White Whale is slain Reply with quote

Back to Guitar Hero!

Un-retiring and streaming for FSFC.

Update: Got Satch Boogie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4aRB6CN85o&ab_channel=Ludicity

https://www.twitch.tv/elscarecrow57_
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe6geDkUkryBkKeT1D1j0A

---

$100 Bills
Balearic Pumping
Beat Saber
Breezer

Commercial Pumping
Country Rounds
Escape
Legend

Lvl Insane
Turn Me On

Be There For You
Elixia
I Need You
Rum n' Bass
Unlimited Power

Origins
Reason For Living
Give a Little Love
Full Charge

Immortal
Burning Sands

FitBeat
Crab Rave
POP/STARS
One Hope

Angel Voices

EXiT This Earth's Atomosphere
Ghost
Light it up

Crystallized
Cycle Hit
WHAT THE CAT!?

Has a Meaning
Dumb Thingz
While We're Young
What I Like
Famous

American Idiot
Father of All...
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
Holiday
Fire, Ready, Aim
Minority

Play
Glide
Luv U Need U
Rock It
Shiawase

Test Me

The Greatest Show
Victorious
Emperor's New Clothes
High Hopes

Bad Liar
Believer

Digital
It's Time
Machine
Natural
Radioactive
Thunder

Warriors
Whatever It Takes

Boundless
Emoji VIP
EPIC

Feeling Stronger
Overkill
Rattlesnake
Stronger
This Time
Till It's Over
We Won't Be Alone

5/13/20: Kind of hit a mental wall, haven't been playing as much now that it's nice outside and there are relatively few songs left to FC. Did get FitBeat this morning and decided it was a fine time for an update. FitBeat was much easier to FC than I thought it would be, and I tried to get a video of it but between all the obstacles and recording the video it got too laggy to really play. Womp. Also managed to pass Light It Up for the first time since the last update, so that just leaves Ghost unpassed.

Also FC'd the long solo-y part of Crystalized in a real run, which is crazy. Moved it from red to yellow above to commemorate, although I'm not actually planning to try to FC it anytime soon

4/21/20:
Update: Played again on a whim, TWO new FCs, making 3 total on the day. Incredible. For comparison's sake, this would be roughly similar to FCing Before I Forget, Holiday in Cambodia, and Nothing For Me Here for the first time all in the same day. Rattlesnake was overdue, still glad to finally knock it out. Turn Me On was relatively out of nowhere, just started really practicing earlier today. My score is absolutely ass because I was swinging so conservatively to make sure I hit everything, but I'll take it. Also went back and got an SS run of Legend, but I don't see that happening for Turn Me On.

Finally got The Greatest Show. It's amusing scrolling back to the literal very first post here I made and seeing that it's been "close" for 5 months straight. Also bit the bullet and started practicing Turn Me On, should be able to get that with some grinding, nothing is too hard once you learn the chart other than the second "drumroll" bit towards the end. Also surprisingly got good at FitBeat, so that FC is very possible. It feels like the note windows are tighter than normal, or just the game has a hard time rendering the zillion obstacles it has, but there are normally some misses I make that do not feel like they should be misses. Not a huge deal for grinding, it's fun to play and fast/short enough that you don't have time to really get nervous on good runs

4/11/20: Holy shit, I had no right to get Play that fast. Finally FC'd the Warriors gutar solo in practice, shat the bed on it in a real run, and then bam, Play FC. There are a lot of huge swings needed throughout this song and consequently it's very tiring to play (pun intended). In a way the intensity of the song kind of kills the nervousy of being on an FC run, because you can't play it safe. Meanwhile I'm having chokefest after chokefest on the more intricate charts like Rattlesnake...

4/10/20:
Finally cleaned up some overdue songs I'd spent entirely too much time on. Balearic Pumping in particular is just a weird song. It's rhythmic but very jerky and awkward, very easy to just outright miss a note with the cross-body swings during the fast part. This is probably gonna be one of the songs I just never play again. Give a Little Love was an awesome FC, the hard part is at the very end and there are plenty of tricky bits along the way, only my 2nd or 3rd time FCing up to the hard part. Feeling Stronger and Rattlesnake are probably the low-hanging fruit at this point. Lvl Insane and Turn Me On will both probably fall relatively easily too once I actually spend some time learning the tricky bits.

Also added a color-coded list of songs to the top of the post - Green are FCs, Yellow/Brown are songs I should be able to get, Red are songs that I'm not realistically going to get anytime soon, if ever

4/7/20:
Hit another hot streak, 4 new FCs the last 3 times I've played. Pop/Stars was overdue, there's a seemingly simple stretch towards the beginning that I was unable to get consistent at for whatever reason. Oh well, it only takes one run. Beat Saber (the song) was in the same category as Unlimited Power in that it was one of the very last songs I passed for the first time. Lots of tricky bits, but very short and not unpleasant to grind. Rock It and Shiawase are very similar staccato-y charts, and both of those were fairly easy to get once they clicked. Still a few long-hanging fruit remaining, and some of the harder ones are coming into focus for being FCable (I'm looking at you, Burning Sands and Play)

3/26/20:
EDIT: vini vidi vici, Timbaland.

5 new songs came out, and it is an understatement to say they're easy FCs. I got 4/5 the first session playing them, and it really should have been 5/5. Alas, after 1.5 hours and 1100 calories burned, it was time to call it a day. One more lingering FC that should be easy to snap up soon

3/24/20:
One new FC, probably the easiest of the ones I had left if I was ranking them. My technique for hitting the triplets unfortunately involves sacrificing a bunch of points, so only an S rank on this one. At some point it's going to bother me enough to go back and try to get SS on this and Legend. Other than that, still feels like I'm right on the cusp of the same few FCs, just getting bad -1s outside of the hard parts...

3/18/20:
Hot streak has definitely ended, although I managed to sneak in a Victorious FC before cooling. First run past the diagonals, sooo glad I didn't choke that. Radioactive is easy and was overdue, basically only played that when I was worn out. Still right on the cusp of Pop Stars, Belearic Pumping, The Greatest Show, and Rattlesnake, although I've grinded all 4 to the point where I just tune out instead of focusing and make stupid mistakes. That being said, I could play tomorrow and FC like 3 of the 4 and wouldn't be surprised

3/9/20:
Gotten really hot (or lucky) lately - 3 new FCs that I didn't feel I was especially close to beforehand. This Time was one of the aforementioned songs I've almost thrown up after playing, so it feels good to conquer that one. I've noticed a lot of the songs with more violent swings suddenly got much easier (hence the influx of new FCs). Still feels like I could get about 6-8 songs on a random run, it might be easier to start listing out the ones I'm not close to soon. Feels good

3/4/20:
Small update today, got Whatever it Takes, which I already had a 100% overslash (open to better word) on. Fuck the bombs. Country Rounds ended up being a much more difficult FC than I originally anticipated - the diagonal alternating blocks are either genuinely hard, or I just personally suck at them. Hitting 8 of them in one song was a tall ask. Still haven't gotten Victorious for exactly the same reason...

2/29/20:
Big update. FINALLY FC'd Legend and holy shit there is so much relief. This feels like the Beat Saber equivalent of like Mississippi Queen, but it had become my white whale. Also Luv U Need U is a really good FC - this is one of a bunch of songs that aren't overly fast or intricate, but just require such high energy to FC that it's hard to put it all together over the full song. I've come pretty close to vomiting after a few of them, this FC run included. Fortunately haven't actually done it yet :p

Also bought the Imagine Dragons pack (yuck) so I now have all the available songs. The pack ended up being more fun than I thought, but a lot of the songs are just tedious to FC. Warriors is probably the most fun to play, and it has a guitar solo that is both fun and hard - haven't gotten a full FC of the solo yet but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable FC relatively soon.

Also kind of had another mental breakthrough where there are still 5-6 songs out there that feel like imminent FCs, so hopefully the steady progress continues.

I've also passed 3/6 Carmellia songs. FCing any of them seems absolutely out of the question, just going for passes for now. Maybe S or SS rank at some point.

1/7/20:
5 more FCs, and I got the rest of the Green Day FCs! Father of All is a bitch with "overswinging" (I just made that up), where your swing follow-through accidentally hits another note and you miss. Unlimited Power was also one of the last songs that I passed for the first time, so it's kind of surprising that the jump to full FC came so quickly. This feels like a mini-breakthrough where I can actually start going for fast/hard songs with some degree of realism. I've got my eye on Burning Sands next, but it is absolutely exhausting to play so I'm gonna be limited to about 15 mins per session of actually going for the FC before I get too sloppy and tired. Also fuck Legend still.

12/22/19:
4 more new FCs, 3 of which were songs I hadn't played for a while and didn't realize were FCable - about 3-4 runs each, and viola.

Meanwhile, I got Boulevard of Broken Dreams after entirely too much grinding for what is literally the easiest FC released so far. I've got -1s on the other 3 Green Day songs, but it's pretty hit or miss whether I'm doing well on them on a given day so it could be tomorrow that I FC them, or it could be weeks.

Also, the best thing of the day - FINALLY passed Crystalized! This is basically the TTFAF of Beat Saber, although there are 3 other songs I have yet to pass that may be harder (I've played them sparingly relative to Crystalized). All in all, good update.

12/17/19:
Crushed it the past few days, 4 new FCs after most of a week of not playing. Green Day FAFC looks very possible, very soon. Holiday is a very awkward chart, so I can see abandoning that one for a while if it gets too tedious. Legend and Country Rounds both look very FCable too. Really it's inexcusable that I don't have Legend at this point if I'm getting stuff like Fire Ready Aim and American Idiot.

Also inching steadily closer to passing Crystalized, aka the TTFAF of Beat Saber.

12/5/19:
Got an easy Breezer FC - it was one of the songs I just avoided playing so I hadn't realized it would be an easy FC. Finally got One Hope and Elixia, too :D

Starting to turn the corner where lots of songs are looking FC'able with practice and more familiarity, but also there are like 5 songs I have yet to pass D:

11/28/19:
Welp, looks like I'm actually going to keep tracking progress here. So far the zigzag in Crab Rave has been the only section I'm actually proud to get in a real FC run, all the other songs to this point have just been not making some stupid mistake over the course of a full song.

$100 Bills and Elixia are probably next, both are overdue. Would love to get The Greatest Show too, but not hitting the walls in the middle of the song is going to take some more practice. Also the going is going to be a lot slower than with GH, because with this I can only go for about 45 minutes at a time before I'm covered in sweat and shaking :D

Also I won't rule out going for high scores one day, but the scoring in Beat Saber is way more incremental so I'm not terribly interested in going for scores beyond the SS rating at this point

FC#1: High Hopes
FC#2: Emporer's New Clothes
FC#3: Emoji VIP
FC#4: Crab Rave
FC#5: Glide
FC#6: Breezer
FC#7: One Hope
FC#8: Elixia
FC#9: Fire Ready Aim
FC#10: $100 Bills
FC#11: American Idiot
FC#12: Rum N' Bass
FC#13: Till It's Over
FC#14: Boulevard of Broken Dreams
FC#15: Escape
FC#16: Be There For You
FC#17: Holiday
FC#18: Full Charge
FC#19: Minority
FC#20: Unlimited Power
FC#21: Father of All...
FC#22: Believer
FC#23: Bad Liar
FC#24: It's Time
FC#25: Machine
FC#26: Natural
FC#27: Thunder
FC#28: Epic
FC#29: Luv U Need U
FC#30: Legend
FC#31: Country Rounds
FC#32: Whatever it Takes
FC#33: Boundless
FC#34: This Time
FC#35: We Won't Be Alone
FC#36: Victorious
FC#37: Radioactive
FC#38: Reason for Living
FC#39: While We're Young
FC#40: Dumb Thingz
FC#41: What I Like
FC#42: Has a Meaning
FC#43: Famous
FC#44: Beat Saber
FC#45: Shiawase
FC#46: Pop/Stars
FC#47: Rock It
FC#48: Give a Little Love
FC#49: I Need You
FC#50: Balearic Pumping
FC#51: Play
FC#52: The Greatest Show
FC#53: Rattlesnake
FC#54: Turn Me OnFC#55: FitBeat

Last edited by elScarecrow on Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:58 pm; edited 38 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was wondering when someone would start this !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for 4 new FCs, if anyone cares
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump because Beat Saber is fun and more people should buy it and go for FCs
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Se-W1ac7g&feature=youtu.be

bump for vid of Crystalized -9!

It seems there's not a ton of Beat Saber interest here, but watch the vid anyway :tooth:

2:48 is where it really gets intense. I missed once in the beginning but FC'd the rest of it. I'd say this is roughly equivalent to a Dragonforce full-solo FC (er, full-solo -1)
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that video was insane. I mean, I haven't played Beat Saber enough to be able to really read the notes, but it looked pretty intense. Is this the hardest song in the game?

Honestly Beat Saber would be my number one reason to invest in a VR setup. It looks like so much fun! I've tried it once or twice at some demos and had a blast then, so I know I'd enjoy the game. It is quite the investment though.

I do think it would be cool if SH had score tracking for Beat Saber, but the site is practically dead these days so it might not be worth the time and energy to implement. Oh well, still cool to see your accomplishments either way!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Guitar Hero!

Un-retiring and streaming for GH1 FGFC

https://www.twitch.tv/elscarecrow57_
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe6geDkUkryBkKeT1D1j0A
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: