Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
COVID-19
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: COVID-19 Reply with quote

With life changing rapidly and moving to more remote and e-learning environments (particularly in the education field, where I work), there might be a lot more Guitar Hero playing in my house than there has been in years. While I don't think it will be the case, I am hoping this is an opportunity for a little more activity than we have seen recently.

For anyone who sees this thread, I am interested in how your life has changed as a result of your country's response to COVID-19. My condolences and prayers to you if you or someone close to you has the virus.

Since I teach and coach, my job is pretty dependent upon the gathering of large amounts of people so mass cancellations is inevitable. We currently have no track meets still on the schedule because they have all been canceled, and we are going forward with practices only cautiously. My fiance's high school is transitioning to e-learning beginning today and I suspect that we will be there soon (at the school I teach at). Both of my college-aged brothers will be home for a very long period of time due to their schedules changing. And as a sports fan, I am incredibly bummed by the lack of sports over the next month, at least.

Interesting thought: in the history books, as they summarize the events of the Coronavirus outbreak in 2020, it will be impossible to tell the story without mentioning the diagnosis of the Utah Jazz' star player Rudy Gobert, since that event was such a domino to begin things (NBA suspending season, causing other sports to suspend the season, causing other large munucipalities to follow suit, etc.).

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a rough few days. My college just straight up extended our spring break another week, instead of moving to online classes. The locals I go to for Smash/Blazblue are on hiatus, and a couple of upcoming conventions I planned on going to are now going to be cancelled. All I have in my life right now is work, and I don't see that getting cancelled anytime soon thank heavens.

While I'm waiting for this to pass over I've just been going back to GH2 and EarthBound hacking. Just went back down the rabbit hole and ended up back here
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a bout of flu this week (and it is just flu, I live in a rural area and the nearest case of COVID-19 is about 70 miles away. Plus I didn't have any of the defining symptoms of the coronavirus) and even though I've recovered, people are still extremely nervous around me. Had to put off the gym for an extra week (which is understandable, but frustrating).
I just find it kind of funny how relaxed people were about something like the flu prior to this outbreak, but now that a different strain of it has emerged, chaos has ensued.

Also, they've cancelled a powerlifting competition that I was going to go and watch. So y'know, that kind of sucks, but I can understand why.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I just find it kind of funny how relaxed people were about something like the flu prior to this outbreak, but now that a different strain of it has emerged, chaos has ensued.

Well it's an order of magnitude deadlier and several times more infectious so I can see why. And a lot of people are still being pretty relaxed about it even though the general medical advice for weeks it "stay home unless you absolutely have to go out".
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very relaxed about it, while some people are panicking. kids are off from school for 2 weeks, wife as well since she works as a special ed tech in high school (geez thanks). im not off and work as normal.

kids are demolished tho. 2 of them were about to end their hockey season within the next month. it meant everything in the world for them since they both had a very nice season and they had good chance to win championship. hopefully they'll be able to start the Dek Hockey season in May.

restaurants are mostly shutdown, only drive thru and online order are up. bars are shutdown, every sports. it seems very excessive to me but it might be what stops it all, we'll never know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Well it's an order of magnitude deadlier and several times more infectious so I can see why. And a lot of people are still being pretty relaxed about it even though the general medical advice for weeks it "stay home unless you absolutely have to go out".

Don't get me wrong, I recognise that this is serious. It's just that media hype has turned this into more of a "if we go outside we could catch it and die" as opposed to the more realistic scenario of "this is a new virus so we should treat it with a modicum of respect and act sensibly".

It just feels like this has all been handled with a heavy hand, given how quickly containment measures have escalated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
It just feels like this has all been handled with a heavy hand, given how quickly containment measures have escalated.

Wouldn't it be better for it to be dealt with heavily and have the virus not be as effective as it could have been, versus not being overly cautious and it potentially being worse than it already is?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I recognise that this is serious. It's just that media hype has turned this into more of a "if we go outside we could catch it and die" as opposed to the more realistic scenario of "this is a new virus so we should treat it with a modicum of respect and act sensibly".

It's not so much "if we go outside we could catch it and die" (although that is a very real possibility) but rather "if we all go outside right now more people will catch it over burdening our capacity to give out emergency care".
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
It's just that media hype has turned this into more of a "if we go outside we could catch it and die" as opposed to the more realistic scenario of "this is a new virus so we should treat it with a modicum of respect and act sensibly".
You're exactly right, but that's assuming that everyone knew how to do that. Most people have two speeds: No problem, and All Shall Die. As demonstrated by the ridiculous grocery hoarding.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:

I just find it kind of funny how relaxed people were about something like the flu prior to this outbreak, but now that a different strain of it has emerged, chaos has ensued..

Boy did this age badly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Boy did this age badly.

You're in good company
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay home, if you can. work from home if you can. get your groceries for 2 weeks. do not go shopping if it's not urgent, do it online at best. go outside to get fresh air, respect a 6 feet distance between people, unless it's your direct family. don't party, don't have diner. simple rules that will stop spreading this virus.

it sucks, but we have, as a society, to make an effort to win this battle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a pretty wild stretch of time. This begins my fifth week of teaching my high school science classes over Zoom call, which hasn't been terrible. The daily schedule freedom has allowed me a lot of time with my fiance and a lot of time running outside. I'm starting to get nervous though that the 'new normal' we return to will actually be a very different normal, with lots of different social norms regarding personal space and physical contact. I am also concerned that there will be such a concern with large group gatherings that we might not see things like sporting events with fans for an even longer period of time than we are currently expecting. I thought we would have more answers by now (April 14th) but there are still very few answers.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction: live concerts will return in 2021 only. sports events will happen with an empty building only. unless they only sell a quarter of the tickets, which would look weird as heck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work is still going, and we're just starting our sixth week of mandatory work from home.

I dug my RB3 stuff out in the last couple of weeks. I didn't get any better. I started noodling on synths generally in the last few years but I don't play anything difficult, so it might do me some good to play some tougher RB charts.

It's stressful out there, so I hope you are all taking care of yourselves in these times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: