ProfileProfile Log inLog in
COVID-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
bdawg95 wrote:
this thread is full of some atrocious takes, wow. also hi everyone. this pandemic forced me to move out of my apartment in DC and back home to atlanta for four months, which have been nothing short of hellacious in basically every possible sense of that word. but wear your masks and socially distance cause this shit is serious and also if you want to fucking economy to start again we have to control the virus, you dildos

Doubling down on this as well, human lives are at stake. And if you think a mask is uncomfortable, try a ventilator.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't people who are so far gone that they need a ventilator still mostly die when they get put on one? Masks, distancing, sure I can put up with that. Locking down the country again, that is not justified by the science for the amount of harm it has done in several ways.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Don't people who are so far gone that they need a ventilator still mostly die when they get put on one? Masks, distancing, sure I can put up with that. Locking down the country again, that is not justified by the science for the amount of harm it has done in several ways.

You're right, who cares about the 4 million people infected and the overflowing ERs, I need to get my hair cut and go to McDonalds
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Don't people who are so far gone that they need a ventilator still mostly die when they get put on one?

It's almost like COVID is incredibly serious and there's no real way to tell if you'll be asymptomatic, mildly sick, get put on a ventilator, or just die even after that.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's amazing how good americans and those influenced by american culture are at having bad opinions about things that shouldn't be topics of debate in the first place

my earlier post is only proved more true the more it happens as well, what a bonus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The country didn't run out of ventilators. Almost none of the country ran out of hospital space. The emergency hospitals that got set up mostly went unused. You need to look at the big picture and not get caught up on over-hyped details.

Several countries in Europe and the majority pediatrician opinion in the US are that children should go back to school because the risk of them catching or spreading COVID is so low that it is nowhere near the educational and social harm they will undeniably suffer from staying home with inadequate remote schooling. And yet the media will say anybody wanting to send kids back to school are monsters.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
The country didn't run out of ventilators. Almost none of the country ran out of hospital space. The emergency hospitals that got set up mostly went unused. You need to look at the big picture and not get caught up on over-hyped details.

Because we locked down and it worked. Now that we have started to un-lock down we are seeing overcapacity hospitals again.

raynebc wrote:
Several countries in Europe

That flattened the curve better than us

raynebc wrote:
and the majority pediatrician opinion in the US are that children should go back to school because the risk of them catching or spreading COVID is so low that it is nowhere near the educational and social harm they will undeniably suffer from staying home with inadequate remote schooling.

Citation needed

raynebc wrote:
And yet the media will say anybody wanting to send kids back to school are monsters.

I mean if the shoe fits, a healthy 9 year old girl just became Florida's youngest COVID death but yeah I'm sure the risk for kids (and their parents/teachers) is low.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to read real news, that's your choice. There are kids who die of COVID but they are extremely rare. If you want to look into it, check out the American Academy of Pediatrics's statements. Apparently even the CDC is providing guidelines for kids returning to school. And the teacher's union instead is using this crisis as an excuse to push for more lofty wishlist items.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kids (whose parents wanted them to go, you were free to send them or not) in Quebec went back to school in May 'til mid-June. absolutely nothing happened. deaths are on the downhill ever since mid-April and are barely 0 or 1 per day lately. sure cases are on the rises to 150-160 (1% of total test) but that's because we've raised the possible test per day through the roof while a month ago, it was only done to those who entered an hospital. Sure more test = more case, but in reality, it's basically over. most of those positive test comes from asymptomatic people. also deaths comes from elderly people only, not kids, not adult 18-60. at least this is whats happening around here.

masks are mandatory (for now) and it's a big fucking joke. I could trace a line around a certain island where all the cases comes from and this is where it should be mandatory while the rest of the province should be mask free.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things will get much worse if the public can't reliably get food anymore.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
If you don't want to read real news, that's your choice. There are kids who die of COVID but they are extremely rare. If you want to look into it, check out the American Academy of Pediatrics's statements.

I do read real news and I did read the AAP's statement and here's what they had to say

Quote:
Local school leaders, public health experts, educators and parents must be at the center of decisions about how and when to reopen schools, taking into account the spread of COVID-19 in their communities and the capacities of school districts to adapt safety protocols to make in-person learning safe and feasible. For instance, schools in areas with high levels of COVID-19 community spread should not be compelled to reopen against the judgment of local experts. A one-size-fits-all approach is not appropriate for return to school decisions.

That is hardly "the risk is so low that they should just open schools", it's more like "only open your school if you have precautions in place to prevent the spread and if the risk is too high you don't have to open".

raynebc wrote:
Apparently even the CDC is providing guidelines for kids returning to school. And the teacher's union instead is using this crisis as an excuse to push for more lofty wishlist items.

There is no "the" teachers union just like there is no "the" media. You're going to have to be more specific about which union and which demands.

Cabanon wrote:
kids (whose parents wanted them to go, you were free to send them or not) in Quebec went back to school in May 'til mid-June. absolutely nothing happened. deaths are on the downhill ever since mid-April and are barely 0 or 1 per day lately. sure cases are on the rises to 150-160 (1% of total test) but that's because we've raised the possible test per day through the roof while a month ago, it was only done to those who entered an hospital. Sure more test = more case, but in reality, it's basically over. most of those positive test comes from asymptomatic people.

Not gonna speak about schools reopening in Canada because I don't know the situation as well but it seems like y'all have handled it way better than the US did so I don't really think it's an apples to oranges comparison. A lot of countries have loosened restrictions and are back to normal in ways that the US still could not do safely because we did not do enough to flatten the curve.

Cabanon wrote:
also deaths comes from elderly people only, not kids, not adult 18-60. at least this is whats happening around here.

Not a lot of kids here have died so far but it is entirely possible that re-opening schools would bring that number up considerably. Even if it doesn't, kids can still spread it to those elderly people, and death isn't the only bad outcome of COVID anyways. Even people who recover from it still have complications for months afterwards sometimes. Plus unlike in Canada we don't have universal healthcare so you have to consider that a lot of people who get treatment for COVID will be in medical debt that is incredibly difficult to pay off. So you can't just look at it as "well not many kids have died so far" because there are still consequences to kids becoming carriers either way.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida is doomed, the suvivorship bias is nuts.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are returning to school in a couple weeks (I am a high school teacher). I am a little nervous for return but I feel pretty good about the prudence of the procedures we are instituting. If there is an outbreak in school, it won't be because the school environment is dangerous--naturally, the biggest variable is compliance, and that's a HUGE variable given we are working with 14-18 year-olds.

It has been a very complex process developing the procedures for return to school but the effort has been worthwhile.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
naturally, the biggest variable is compliance, and that's a HUGE variable given we are working with 14-18 year-olds.

Yeah, and that's the problem, they're kids lol. They're gonna trade masks with each other and run around giving each other covid cooties or some shit.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
LlamaYip wrote:
naturally, the biggest variable is compliance, and that's a HUGE variable given we are working with 14-18 year-olds.

Yeah, and that's the problem, they're kids lol. They're gonna trade masks with each other and run around giving each other covid cooties or some shit.
Eh, thats kind of a caricature of what will actually happen. Certainly knowing the group of students I have, there will be a lot of expressed desire to be compliant and do their part and accelerate the return to normalcy. But an adolescents attention span is going to make it difficult for all of them to remember wearing masks for the entire school day/class period and I think there are just such a high number of procedures that it will take ultra competent people to make it effective.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: