SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fire It Up Reverse Squeeze Hit, Solos Missed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrgarden wrote:
im trying to get 1st on more than a feeling medium but i feel like that 3rd act half bar is tough, is it just me?

If you're going for 1st that bar shouldn't be too bad. And like doughboy said, there is a pause activation here. I don't remember medium but I'm sure it's the same as expert. Here is a video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1lgQ_mRmg

edit: pause activation is @ 2:55ish
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im not touching GH1 ever again. Props to you

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the Fire It Up reverse squeeze activation on Expert, figured I should post the link here. I had my headphones plugged in so only squeezing noises. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rKo00Y3Gw

I can't FC the song, but with EHW allowing you to hit notes later it's not as impossible as it might have seemed, so maybe somebody can get the extra points if they're up to FCing Fire It Up.

Also got some more 1sts on Medium but not full game 1st (missing Decontrol).
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so unreal...

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awisemoose strike's again https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=1&diff=4&song=124&page=1&highlight=1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doughboy wrote:
I hit the Fire It Up reverse squeeze activation on Expert, figured I should post the link here. I had my headphones plugged in so only squeezing noises. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rKo00Y3Gw

I can't FC the song, but with EHW allowing you to hit notes later it's not as impossible as it might have seemed, so maybe somebody can get the extra points if they're up to FCing Fire It Up.

Also got some more 1sts on Medium but not full game 1st (missing Decontrol).

For real? I fucked around with this for a little bit a few years back....felt like I was really close, but never actually got it.

Nice Frankenstein hard score btw that one was a bitch with all the odd activations + the pause trick. My heart melts just knowing that people care about this game and squeezing in 2021 lol <3

edit: also, wtf is that Callout xpert score? I'm too lazy to look at the path but I assume you hit an extra squeeze? and forgive me for being a noob but what is EHW?
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:

For real? I fucked around with this for a little bit a few years back....felt like I was really close, but never actually got it.

Nice Frankenstein hard score btw that one was a bitch with all the odd activations + the pause trick. My heart melts just knowing that people care about this game and squeezing in 2021 lol <3

edit: also, wtf is that Callout xpert score? I'm too lazy to look at the path but I assume you hit an extra squeeze? and forgive me for being a noob but what is EHW?

On Callout I hit a double thanks to EHW. EHW is "Extended Hit Window" squeezing name taken from Jilde in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDOUDaFUpk

Basically there's a mechanic in many/all? GH/RB games which gives you a small window to fret a note after you strum it, so you strum the note as late as you would be allowed to without fretting it, then fret it to hit the note later than you would be able to by squeezing it normally. This also means you can hit select later (hitting it between when you strum and when you fret, obviously increases the risk that you orange flame the note, but gives you a better front end if executed properly).

You're still limited by when you can strum the note, but this makes every situation where you hit the note later "more squeezable". So the first note of the SP phrase can be hit later than previously thought by not fretting the green until after you strum it. This also allows for some doubles on GH1 (lol) like in Callout (I hit a double but missed quite a bit of ticks on the last ticking act, the other double should be possible as well) or 1st act of Thunder Kiss 65. The way to do it on chords is to hold one of the notes and not fret the other, you don't have to fret both of them after strumming fortunately. The strumming you follow the rules of GH1 and how it hates for you to hit the first of two close notes late, but you can "break the rule" with your late fretting timing (definitely feels like you're getting away with something when you're used to how stingy GH1 is about this).

EHW makes enough of a difference that pretty much every ticking act done without it can be improved by at least a tick (more for higher tempo and chord holds), which sucks for everyone that didn't know about it when squeezing. It also makes those barely possible squeezes more doable, and there are probably a few squeezes that can only be hit using it like the aforementioned doubles, maybe some other doubles that I haven't hit. I think there are above UB squeezes on Behind the Mask Hard (and Expert) 2nd act and last act by activating on the yellow hold note and squeezing to the blue, but I haven't hit that one.
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in here every few months....boy you been on a roll! Nice GH1 scores. Always knew there was more on ILR&R expert. Nice score on Story of My Love too....I felt like I was pretty close to perfect on hard and expert, so I won't be challenging that hard score any time soon

I get the urge to grind some GH1X every once in a while but I don't have a CRT at the moment and they aren't as easy to find as they were 5-6 years ago.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: