ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official Twist Rules Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgalginaitis  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Boy, I'm glad I don't play with the DualShock. With a lot of these twists, it seems kind of unfair towards them IMO, what with all the "will receive an automatic 0" and whatnot.

You should not be playing this game with a dualshock in the first place.
siouxper  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Boy, I'm glad I don't play with the DualShock. With a lot of these twists, it seems kind of unfair towards them IMO, what with all the "will receive an automatic 0" and whatnot.

Dualshocks are not allowed in the leagues at all. You'd have to talk it over with your commish.
Lockbox  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know...but seriously that special is hard...and i hope we don't do performance mode=]
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the d-pad strumming as a twist. i dont know if this is possible with the ps2, but i know it is for 360. since there is are 360 leagues, that could be used.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not fair to out some of the dualshock players...myself included
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yes you should be allowed to use the dualshock because 1.) not everyone owns a guitar 2.) some of us were raised on frequency and amplitude (the precursors to gh) 3.) it's already been discussed in my "legality of the dualshock" thread

however if there was a dualshock specific league then it would make things alot less confusing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
siouxper  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire-Jekyll wrote:
and yes you should be allowed to use the dualshock because 1.) not everyone owns a guitar 2.) some of us were raised on frequency and amplitude (the precursors to gh) 3.) it's already been discussed in my "legality of the dualshock" thread

however if there was a dualshock specific league then it would make things alot less confusing

No you shouldn't, it may give an unfair advantage. If you don't like it, too bad.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siouxper wrote:
Vampire-Jekyll wrote:

No you shouldn't, it may give an unfair advantage. If you don't like it, too bad.

It could also be a disadvantage, like if you're playing Misirlou or other songs where alt. strumming is a must, but I agree that everyone in the leagues should use the guitar so the scores are based on skill only and not what controller you're using.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Brock
elx  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, consider a favor that dualshocks are allowed at all, a dualshock league will not happen.
lisamariefan  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:

Low Score, >x % Notes Missed – Get the lowest score that you can, while hitting higher than X% of the notes. Percentage must be submitted along with your score.

According to the description, the title should read ">x % Notes Hit," not missed.

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T
Feb  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: twists ftL. Reply with quote

the percentage is gonna be hard.
5 Star TTFaF (4.5) [x]
23m Expert [x]
25 Expert FC's [x]
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siouxper wrote:
Vampire-Jekyll wrote:

How would I get an advantage? In no way whatsoever is the Dualshock superior to the Guitar. It's actually inferior IMHO.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, DS can be easier than an SG. One obvious example is the alternating chords on Psychobilly Freakout, on expert. On an SG, unless you can slide, they're insanely hard. On a DS, they'd be far, far, far easier.

There are other examples too, I'm sure...in certain situations, having a DS can be an advantage, even if largely the SG is easier to use.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely cant cherry pick DS songs. For the tiny minority of people who have only a DS, sure you can participate. For everybody else, you should just be using an SG, or you should be playing every song for six weeks with a DS if for some reason you think you will do better that way.
dethklok324  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dualshock players can't do performance mode; it requires orange note input which is put to X, which is also the 'Confirm' button.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: