ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just played Guitar Hero III in Leipzig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingsOfSteel  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got three sightread FCs from 80s: We Got the Beat, Lonely is the Night, and The Warrior.
maskofskin  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe I missed it.

Did he ever say what the other unannounced song he saw was?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: maskofskin
DavidT  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
The annoucement of some more easy level songs and the 10 Euro songs was a bit discouraging though. I listened to about half of them yesterday and did not care for most. You have to wonder in their effort to encourage a more global audience if they will put off their core following. The In Flames song was just hella obnoxious.

Wait, the core following for Guitar Hero are people who are put off by obscure, obnoxious bonus tracks? Really?
FriscoSteve  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun thread :-) I'm getting the same impression from Rock Band that others here are voicing. I've watched all the videos and I can't remember one where there wasn't a long, repetitive guitar track shown. Those kind of songs in the GH series are by far my least favorite and I usually have trouble playing them more than a couple of times. That said, hopefully either I've missed the solos in the videos, or they've just not shown them for some reason. It just kind of seems like they're focusing on songs without good solos in order to keep all the band members involved. I'd love to see some songs with extended guitar AND drum solos.

I'm sure there's a lot more to come, including more difficult songs, but for now my enthusiasm for RB has tapered off quite a bit. I'll buy it either way, I'm sure, since I'd like to give the drums a try and I'm now a sucker for these types of games.
WingsOfSteel  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intending to get the game+drums pack at launch, and pick up the guitar later, since I'll have GH1, GH2, GH80s, and maybe GH3 to keep me company on the plastic guitar. On the other hand, there are plenty of great drum tracks, especially with at least one song by Neil Peart and an entire album full of Keith Moon.

And there are challenging tracks for guitar. Won't Get Fooled Again is at least a Tier 5/6 and Highway Star sounds even harder. Plus, they've promised us a bunch of Metallica tracks available through DLC, and most of those are really tough.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hungry for ANY information and one thing I want to know about is the tiers, which I know jack about other than Number of the Beast being in the final tier. So, for the guys who wet to the SH event, can you just tell us one song (thats already announced) in one tier besides NotB and bonus songs? I can't think of a reason to be that secretive about the game.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
I'm hungry for ANY information and one thing I want to know about is the tiers, which I know jack about other than Number of the Beast being in the final tier. So, for the guys who wet to the SH event, can you just tell us one song (thats already announced) in one tier besides NotB and bonus songs? I can't think of a reason to be that secretive about the game.

You mean aside from - best case scenario - not being invited to another event ever again, or - worst case scenario - being in huge legal trouble for breaching a non-disclosure agreement. They are not allowed to release any information other than what they already did - if they were allowed, why would they hold out on us?

Playing GH3/RB Online? Join the XBL/PSN/Wii list!
Over 570 players and rising, now separated by console!

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26327

Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26086
Chris Vance wrote:
I GOT [GH3] ON TEH SEGA DREAMCASTZ FOR 20 BUCKZ ON TEH BLACK MARKETZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gots to admit, i was hoping for "White Room" but im somewhat satisfied with the other.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this went from being a thread about a guy playing a demo and telling us how much he liked it...

to a bunch of guys just flaming each other about Rock Band and GH3

first of all this a waste of all of our time just reading all these posts.

I can't believe how much sushi says he hates gh3

all i can say is go reread the scorehero invades neversoft thread

they are both going to be awesome games but the real talented players will be the ones who rock out on GH3 because it is obviously going to be harder.

why? why did i say this?

simple rock band is going to have solo buttons...solo buttons that dont require strumming. making the solos a lot easier to accomplish. rock band is going to have 4 different things going on at once. if the guitar and bass parts are too hard well it will just be too much information for the playstation or xbox or wii to even translate meaning stuff will skip and freeze.

gh3 has scorehero..it's been around a year and neversoft has actually hired people that were making cutsoms here to go work there. meaning they are going to make us soe of the toughest solos we've ever thought of. there fore rock band wont be as hard as GH3.

but I am honestly much much much more interested in the OP...what happened is the disk still there? are there anymore new songs to announce? got pics?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ahjteam  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rude95841 wrote:
if the guitar and bass parts are too hard well it will just be too much information for the playstation or xbox or wii to even translate meaning stuff will skip and freeze.

Hey, what century are you on? getting midi information from four controller devices at one time to cause skipping? hell no. It was already possible over 20 years ago, I wonder why it would suddenly cause skipping now, with roughly about 1750 times more processing power compared to way back? (read: 3.2GHz Playstation3 versus 1.79MHz NES)
sushi111  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rude95841 wrote:
this went from being a thread about a guy playing a demo and telling us how much he liked it...

to a bunch of guys just flaming each other about Rock Band and GH3

first of all this a waste of all of our time just reading all these posts.

I can't believe how much sushi says he hates gh3

all i can say is go reread the scorehero invades neversoft thread

they are both going to be awesome games but the real talented players will be the ones who rock out on GH3 because it is obviously going to be harder.

why? why did i say this?

simple rock band is going to have solo buttons...solo buttons that dont require strumming. making the solos a lot easier to accomplish. rock band is going to have 4 different things going on at once. if the guitar and bass parts are too hard well it will just be too much information for the playstation or xbox or wii to even translate meaning stuff will skip and freeze.

gh3 has scorehero..it's been around a year and neversoft has actually hired people that were making cutsoms here to go work there. meaning they are going to make us soe of the toughest solos we've ever thought of. there fore rock band wont be as hard as GH3.

but I am honestly much much much more interested in the OP...what happened is the disk still there? are there anymore new songs to announce? got pics?

Hates? I cant fucking wait. Im literally shaking with excitemement for both games. I never said I hated GH3, I was simply stating what I thought about the two games in comparison at this point. Its not like Im not getting both.

Jesus, everyones always telling you to respect other peoples opinions, and then I say one warranted and bad thing about GH3 and you guys fucking come down on me faster than a hooker on the night shift.

Maybe I missed the memo, but when did this game become about being the most talented player instead of having fun?

So your saying now I cant jump around around while jamming on Suck My Kiss in GH3, or trying to headbutt the cowbell to Dont Fear the Reaper while trying to play both guitar and vocals at the same time.

Oh wait maybe I might accidentally have fun and miss a note

I guess Ill go back to practicing solo B on TtFaF untill I can FC it, because thats all that matters, right? Having fun is so overrated.
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody was saying that, you're taking this way out of hand. He's merely pointing out the fact that some people might enjoy a more competitive guitar-focused game - but you're the one who was saying you couldn't understand why anyone would prefer GH to RB, and basically flamed us all as idiots for not having the same preference as you.

Please, can we just drop the whole GH vs. RB argument - this is supposed to be a thread about the new Guitar Hero songs at Leipzig.

Chris Vance wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
sushi111  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never meant the comment to be insulting, I was just playing around. I guess I forgot about the little tounge out smiley at the end

I never started the whole argument. I simply stated that I didnt like the songs and someone pointed the finger at me and said I was in "hate everything about GH3 mode" which was a lie. I just stated my opinion, and you guys obviously took offense to it, so people started insulting me and saying things that simply werent true. So of course I got a little excited.

To get back on topic, I really dont care about the bonus songs because I end up playing them like once or sometimes not at all (There are some bonus songs in GH2 I didnt even care to finish).

It seems odd that the RB and GH3 setlists seems to be crafted for my sister this time around with When You Were Young, Miss Murder, and Ruby being in GH3 and Creep, Main Offender, and Here It Goes Again in Rock Band.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
evanft wrote:
AtomskMC wrote:
I should also point out that just because you don't recognise a song it doesn't mean it won't be fun as hell to play. At least listen to it before you make up your mind or, better yet, wait until you play it

Sushi is basically in "hate on absolutely everything dealing with Guitar Hero 3" mode.

No I listened to them, and I dont like any of them. None of that screaming crap does it for me. Plus theKaiser Cheaif song is really annoying.

I only hate on things that should be hated on, realy. As of yesterday I was looking forward to GH3 almost as much as rock band because I couldnt wait to play Sabotage and Cherub Rock.

Now I dont even know if GH3 will be worth it

Like boss battles and Bret Micheals are nice and all, but Rock Band now has quadruple the features AND the songs I want. Plus the DLC is promised to blow minds.

So its not that Im bent on hating GH3 or anything, but anyone who says its looking more impressive than Rock Band right now is a tool honestly

dude this is what YOU said it was wrong never should have said it. i was honestly insulted when i read it.

but i did see you appologize for this later but then the flames continued why? why? why isn't this thread about playing the game in Leipzig
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just get back on topic, shall we?

Since their announcement, I've now had a chance to listen to all of the songs that were announced at Leipzig (Kaiser Chiefs was the only one I'd heard previously) except for Nast, which I couldn't find on youtube, and there's none there that I particularly dislike or anything. Some of them sound like they'll be quite fun to play.

I'm pretty happy about the fact we've gotten well over half the setlist so far and there are no songs that I really dislike or anything. Here's hoping the remaining third or so of the setlist will have a few more of the songs/bands I am really holding out for though.

Chris Vance wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: