ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aloneinthedark  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellboar wrote:
can anyone confirm the points needed for 5 star? Its my last one, and im sitting at 180k just wondering how much longer i have to put up with this shitstorm.
5 star cutoff is between 227k and 228k.
hellboar  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, appreciate it. now i have to pull 45k out of my ass. El Jefe will never be mine.
affinity2412  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something i noticed is that if you can survive through the "Flood!" section without star power, try using the 2-2-2 path and using your last star power on the stream of green right before the "Flood!" section. if you can hold an 8x multiplier on that part, it just oozes with points
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Affinity2412
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

affinity2412 wrote:
something i noticed is that if you can survive through the "Flood!" section without star power, try using the 2-2-2 path and using your last star power on the stream of green right before the "Flood!" section. if you can hold an 8x multiplier on that part, it just oozes with points

The stream of greens gets you the same pointage as the chord runs just before...so whichever you can hit better is where you should use it

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
KillaHockey12  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going for the five star, try my path.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQxqIcc99E

Expert FC's: 50
Latest FC: Pride and Joy

The Cliffs of Dover
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: KillaHockey12
jtownwhiteboy92  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

must 5* b4 go crazy

Edit:5* it last week,i used this path
3-i used it asap
3-when the chords begin

this is good for people that cant get the long green notes part
thanks Barbaloot

Last edited by jtownwhiteboy92 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
TrouT  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I know a lot of people here are trying to 5 star Raining Blood so I'll throw in my two cents, however much that's worth.

I've been toying around a lot with SP paths for this song and I think I have a fairly feasible one. Assuming that the 7th SP phrase is unattainable to us 5 star chasing goofs, I used to tell people that 3-3 was the way to go. However, I'm starting to back pedal a little bit there and I have a more interesting SP path that nobody seems to give a shot and I'm currently working on, and that is 2-2-2. Most people won't even think about throwing SP before Mosh 1 because it is such a pain in the ass, but if you can get Mosh 1 under control and you can hit the SP phrase in the beginning of it, 2-2-2 would work it nice. Why? Because there are plenty of points in those triplets, and you should easily be able to hold a combo in this part as opposed to Mosh 1 where your fingers are flailing around and you're much more mistake-prone. Then the next SP would cover a lot of notes and the first part (i cant remember their names, i think this one is Mosh 2 ). Then obviously the third SP phrase would be during . IDK, give it a shot, I tried it tonight but I'm kinda pooped so I kept screwing up on stupid shit like the 2nd SP phrase and other easy parts.
franciss  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrouT wrote:
Hey I know a lot of people here are trying to 5 star Raining Blood so I'll throw in my two cents, however much that's worth.

I've been toying around a lot with SP paths for this song and I think I have a fairly feasible one. Assuming that the 7th SP phrase is unattainable to us 5 star chasing goofs, I used to tell people that 3-3 was the way to go. However, I'm starting to back pedal a little bit there and I have a more interesting SP path that nobody seems to give a shot and I'm currently working on, and that is 2-2-2. Most people won't even think about throwing SP before Mosh 1 because it is such a pain in the ass, but if you can get Mosh 1 under control and you can hit the SP phrase in the beginning of it, 2-2-2 would work it nice. Why? Because there are plenty of points in those triplets, and you should easily be able to hold a combo in this part as opposed to Mosh 1 where your fingers are flailing around and you're much more mistake-prone. Then the next SP would cover a lot of notes and the first part (i cant remember their names, i think this one is Mosh 2 ). Then obviously the third SP phrase would be during . IDK, give it a shot, I tried it tonight but I'm kinda pooped so I kept screwing up on stupid shit like the 2nd SP phrase and other easy parts.

i think that path is good but i still can't hit mosh 1's sp phrase and the so i can't try it lol
aloneinthedark  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5379/rainingbloodho5.png

Updated my SP path with Barbaloot's suggestion. This should be 100% optimal (though you could try squeezing that red note in before the first activation, but i'm not sure if the timing window is big enough).
Tapion013  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

affinity2412 wrote:

You do realize that whether they are 8th note chords (the Bridge) or 16th note singles (the green SP that "oozes" with points) they're both worth the same right? Actually the chords are worth 200 more if you get a squeeze out of it... You're better off going 2-4 and just demolishing the bridge for points.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually follow 2-3-2 pattern like the video posted earlier in this thread. Its good for trying to 5 star the song for the first time. I'm sure for 3-2-2 is better if you can FC Mosh 1 though.
ultimateaggie12  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have another Monkey Wrench. Except this one is very very very hard to get a 7 star. Upper-Bound is around 357,6xx and a 7 star is like 357,1xx. Honestly. 7 Star Power phrases is this whole damn song??? What the Fuck?

14 sightread FC's including Mountain Song O_O on RB2!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ultimateaggie Wii Friend Code: 545594118477
MetalSmasher86  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The path I used for my 5* is this:

2- Use it at the next triplet section
3 (assuming you can nail Mosh 1's and the verse's SP phrases, you have to nail at least one or the other) - Use it at the beginning of the next section.

Then just nail everything else up to the "Flood!" solo, and it should be enough. I got 240k with this path, but if you are fully confident you can nail both SP phrases in question, then the 2-2-2 path will work better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a 5* and was wondering if 2-3 in Mosh 2 or 2-4 in chorus is better.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Mr.BannanasII  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best 5* Path:
1st Activation- IMMEDIATE
2nd: Right when the chord chorus starts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: