ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"Hold Green for Me!!" (TTFaF Intro made easy)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imgod22222  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: "Hold Green for Me!!" (TTFaF Intro made easy) Reply with quote

Not aware if anyone else already did this, but...

Well, lets see. Today I was like "dammit! I cant do the friggin intro to TTFaF! I can play the rest of the entire song except for that!" So I call my sister in to hold green for me. By wonder, i pass the intro and i fail at like 87% (tired fingers) About 10 min later she told me she was busy and i got tired of waiting, So I did the following:

PRE NOTE: If you pass TTFaF with this mod, do NOT post your score on scorehero. You're only allowed to post scores you can do yourself. I've passed TTFaF, but with my friend holding green for me before I did this mod. By myself, nope.

Get one toggle switch (that moves to one of two sides, with two electrical points)
And that's about it. And your soldering tools I guess. Oh yeah, and a drill so you can put the switch in.

Steps: 1) Drill a hole for your switch. I put it above the green button.
2) put the switch in and tighten it
3) prep your wires and solder them to the switch
4) now take off the fret PCB, and the rubber thingy over where the green button corresponds to on the PCB
5) You will see a gold thing that sorta looks like O:O if turned sideways (not a good ASCII drawing, i know)
6) take a good look at the tiny bulbs next to each other. yep, that's wut you're soldering to
7) put back together and enjoy

Notes: Take apart the guitar first, dummy!
-How and what which wires are connected where on the switch doesn't matter.
- I have the Wireless RO guitar for PS2, it may differ for you.

And Here are four pictures:
1) It's done, look at how pretty the wires are. Yes the thing on the bottom is the rubber thing i was talking about before

2) Look familiar? i should hope so. Its a picture taken at the same time at the same stage. Just a better look. maybe. (The flash is a major factor in these stupid pix)

3) Ahh, the fretboard PCB is screwed back on.

4) The finished product, the 5 fret buttons (i personally covered mine with tape 'cause my fingers slide easier) and the toggle switch (for those of you who dunno wut a toggle switch it) or for those of you who wanted to know the placement / how it looks.

To show you guys what the switch does (in case saying it holds green isn't enough) Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17k6qFDVkqU
When i start the song, i have the green switch on, and during the (woah) (woah) you can hear a really loud click (loud compared to everything else) that's me turning off the switch.

Last edited by imgod22222 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
lukecantplay  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber bands weren't good enough?

That's awesome. And hilarious.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, that's something worth trying now. Thanks for the step by step, dude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
matthewfahrbach  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice dude i give you props on that. Im gonna have to say this one isn't cheating. rofl... i use a real guitar capo but still cant beat it.
imgod22222  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you're probably not aware of this, but the RO wireless for PS2 fret buttons need to be pressed further in than in any of the other guitars (pressed flush instead of like 1-2mm more) so the rubber band needs to be like uber-tight and taking off that stupid rubber band surprisingly uses enough strength to like really hurt my fingers.

Proof enough for the fret button complaining for me: http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=11819

uhhh... and yeah, never thought about using a capo. Does Herman Li use a capo for this part? LOL. Using a capo is probably a much better idea than doing this, because honestly, i messed up while doing the soldering (a huge blob of solder got all over the bottom circle and i needed to use desoldering braid on it; the proof is that the bottom circle is silver instead of a gold color)
but as long as you know how to correct mistakes, and you know the risks, then go ahead)

BTW the wire i used came from inside an extra USB cable, if anyone's wondering how its so small.
lukecantplay  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an open string he's playing, I believe.
mrdarkgun  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAY ANDREW!
=D
DO YOU GUSY LIEK TEH DURIDS?!
imgod22222  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdarkgun wrote:
HAY ANDREW!
=D
DO YOU GUSY LIEK TEH DURIDS?!

NAW. I LIEK TEH MUDKIPZ.

and i dun think everyone would appreciate our joke :P

oh. well that's interesting. Thnx lukecantplay.
vivabam69  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukecantplay wrote:
That's an open string he's playing, I believe.

The Intro on TTFAF is a keyboard. If you don't believe me watch the video on Youtube.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked like 4 youtube videos and during the intro they just show the guitarists doing sustains. And the crowd.
BrianSpud33  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivabam69 wrote:
The Intro on TTFAF is a keyboard. If you don't believe me watch the video on Youtube.

You realize that's completely irrelevant, right? Music videos are just the performers miming whatever they're playing to the pre-recorded song... so they could videotape a guy playing a friggin' kazoo during the intro, but that doesn't mean it's actually a kazoo playing.

Anyway... it's definitely an acoustic guitar, but probably doubled by a keyboard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During videos and show, neither Sam or Herman will play it, and the keyboardist will cover, since they cannot switch guitars fast enough to start with the (8-11) part. Apparently they need them both to play that. I actually asked this question to Herman Li, back in March when I saw him running out of a sub shop I had just walked into. This may sound odd, but the Club they were playing was across the street. I got a picture of myself with their bassist somewhere.
imgod22222  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midean wrote:
During videos and show, neither Sam or Herman will play it, and the keyboardist will cover, since they cannot switch guitars fast enough to start with the (8-11) part. Apparently they need them both to play that. I actually asked this question to Herman Li, back in March when I saw him running out of a sub shop I had just walked into. This may sound odd, but the Club they were playing was across the street. I got a picture of myself with their bassist somewhere.

Honestly (as in not sarcastically, really!) i totally believe that because only wierd-ass stuff like that ACTUALLY happens. Yeah. I know that feeling.

Okay, now that we've gotten how Dragonforce plays the intro, lets go back to my/our inabilities to play it, but use a soldering iron and make it all better. :P
nickeroo2413  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sweet, a little bit extreme but definitely a cool finished product

5* TTFAF
Top 50 MNiJ [53rd]
Eyce  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got tired of waiting for your sister...

...so you put a hole in your Controller and solder a Switch to the PCB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: