ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 Expert Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlfalcons7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: GH1 Expert Help Reply with quote

I've 5* all the songs on Expert except the last 2 sets(minus Spanish Castle Magic) and for some reason I can't get Cochise either. Are there any tips for getting higher scores on these last few songs since the hammer ons dont work?
da1edwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever tried learning how to do hammer-ons right? Because if you do, there should be little reason why they "don't work".

Yes, you should strum through solos. But when you get the hang of GH1 hammerons and pulloffs, it will make it much easier to keep combo, which is vital to scoring on those last few tiers.

I'm pretty sure a DVD burner is hardware, so that would make it impossible to download, I'm afraid.
atlfalcons7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do strum through the solos but I still miss most of the notes. On the other games, I do fine with the solos, its just on this game I can't get them
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only hammer on to consider using in Cochise is the grace note. To 5 star Cochise, use SP in the section with tons of chords if you can hit it.

\m/
atlfalcons7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
The only hammer on to consider using in Cochise is the grace note. To 5 star Cochise, use SP in the section with tons of chords if you can hit it.

Ok thanks for the tip, I only need like 4000 more points, I am at 4.9* on Cochise
As for the other songs, I'll just try to get used to the hammer ons
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't advise you trying to utilize GH1's HOPO's, they just don't work all that well. All of the top players strum every note, and only in VERY rare cases is there a proper time to use HOPO's. Just build up your strumming chops and you'll eventually get there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Actually, I don't advise you trying to utilize GH1's HOPO's, they just don't work all that well. All of the top players strum every note, and only in VERY rare cases is there a proper time to use HOPO's. Just build up your strumming chops and you'll eventually get there.

Yeah this was my original idea. I have good struming chops, I just get confused when I have to switch notes really fast in the solos when strumming every note. I'll eventually get it, I've basically given up on the hammer on and pull off system in this game.
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atlfalcons7 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:

Yeah this was my original idea. I have good struming chops, I just get confused when I have to switch notes really fast in the solos when strumming every note. I'll eventually get it, I've basically given up on the hammer on and pull off system in this game.

Play Symphony of Destruction's or All of This's solos to get the hang of strumnming solos. YGATC works well too.

\m/
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a mini trill in one of Symphony of Destruction's riffs, which goes . That's the only place in the entire game that I use HO/PO.

No reason why, I could easily strum it, I just like doing it. :P

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Samson007  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:

Not necessarily true. Sure they dont work hardly at all on strings of 4 or more notes. But for a song like cochise where you have a simple B-O short hammer on they work fine, every time. You have to do a "true" hammer on though, where you actually hold down the lower fret like your supposed to. Thats what makes them work or not work.

atlfalcons7  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson007 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:

Not necessarily true. Sure they dont work hardly at all on strings of 4 or more notes. But for a song like cochise where you have a simple B-O short hammer on they work fine, every time. You have to do a "true" hammer on though, where you actually hold down the lower fret like your supposed to. Thats what makes them work or not work.

Alright thanks i'll try that out. Cochise just annoys me that I can't get it. But for all the other songs towards the end, the solos are just insane.
atlfalcons7  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
atlfalcons7 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:

Play Symphony of Destruction's or All of This's solos to get the hang of strumnming solos. YGATC works well too.

Yeah I barely get 5* on Symphony and GH1 doesn't have practice mode but I'll keep workin gon that song too, as my score isn't that good anyway.
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use HO/PO's for the turns in "More Than a Feeling" also. If the turn is:

I'll HO/PO the and re-strum the .
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: