ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SWC's acc: Competing for Air Guitar Nat'l Championship!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always cool to see people accomplishing stuff in 2020! I know TTFAF is leagues harder than One but... could the FGFC be at all possible?

I saw you were still missing WE for that Bass FSFC. Such a shame. I don't suppose you've found a replacement GHM disc? I'm sure you could get it for like five bucks nowadays lol. Now that I've started playing bass I have a newfound appreciation for you guys (though I've only played GH5 so far, so nothing too hard really). Can't wait to see what's next!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice comeback! TTFAF and Trogdor sure are in their own leagues, but Misirlou should be within your reach (although I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want to grind it). Although I play PAL so maybe I'm biased :/

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hot damn. Already knocked another one off your bucket list.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Always cool to see people accomplishing stuff in 2020! I know TTFAF is leagues harder than One but... could the FGFC be at all possible?

I saw you were still missing WE for that Bass FSFC. Such a shame. I don't suppose you've found a replacement GHM disc? I'm sure you could get it for like five bucks nowadays lol. Now that I've started playing bass I have a newfound appreciation for you guys (though I've only played GH5 so far, so nothing too hard really). Can't wait to see what's next!

A GHIII Hard FGFC? That is never gonna happen. And I'm TOTALLY OK with that.

Bass is really fun! A quick break down, assuming you have all the games with bass tracks: You'll get the Van Halen and Band Hero FGFC in a day. World Tour has a couple really hard tracks, BYOB, Hot for Teacher. Smash Hits is relatively easy outside of TTFAF. The tough ones in Warriors of Rock are TDWF, Holy Wars, and maybe Fury. And Metallica has a bunch of tough ones, the worst being War Ensemble, Dyer's Eve, and FFWF. Good luck on those!

Speaking of Metallica, I DID find a disc a while back, but I haven't really tried WE in a while. Anytime I do, I think the best I can eventually get is a -5. I have such a history with this song. I don't think it will ever happen, but with a shelter-in-place still in effect, I'll give it another go and see how I do!

Jellu wrote:
Nice comeback! TTFAF and Trogdor sure are in their own leagues, but Misirlou should be within your reach (although I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want to grind it). Although I play PAL so maybe I'm biased :/

Good to be back! Yeah, TTFAF won't ever happen, and since I have NTSC, Trogdor won't happen either. The best I ever got on Misirlou was *checks past scores*...-9! Yeesh. Probably why I didn't try too hard to get it, because I was never that close to ever getting it. Although, it has been almost eight years. And my skills have improved a bunch since then. AND I just got a brand new TV, which may have helped me get the One FC. SO, I may try my hand at Misirlou for shits and giggles.

voidedalive2x wrote:
well, hot damn. Already knocked another one off your bucket list.

Ironically, it's the one I cared about the least. But at least it is DONE!

EDIT: Just popped GHII in to see how I'd fair on Misirlou. And nope, it is not going to happen. I was never that strong with strumming fast on this engine. I don't think I ever had a shot at getting either Guitar Breaks, which is why I never seriously considered getting the FC. Plus, my poor little SG controller is on its last legs, I feel like the strum bar is going to fall off at any moment. So, I am calling a day on Hard mode. 208/211 is good enough for me!

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late on it but congrats on the One Fc! The nerves after hitting FSA make the rest of that song soooo hard. Way to go

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing TDWF for a while... you have no excuse to not get Misirlou and TTFAF on hard. There is no way either of them are as difficult as TDWF bass FC! (Heck, I even have misirlou, though GH2 is one of my strongest games).

Seriously, based on your bass skills you should have much more FCs on guitar
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang nice FC! Definitely one that I wish I had
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, here it is: My Freebird post. A post fourteen years in the making. As most have done before me, it seems tradition to make a post celebrating where we are and how Guitar Hero has affected our lives. And I'm gonna make this one count.

A few years ago, as I was approaching 2,000 posts, I really wanted my 2,000th post to be when I FCed War Ensemble on bass. I intentionally posted less frequently to give myself more time. As time progressed, I eventually realized that was not going to happen. I decided to wait until something else took its place. That something, turns out, was when my girlfriend and I closed on our house last week.

First, some housekeeping, in regards to FCing One on Hard:

LlamaYip Thanks man! Sadly, I had to FC past FSA at least seven or eight times before finally getting the FC. And as I mentioned before, way to go on TTFAF Hard!

Alexhaz64 HA. You seriously overestimate my powers. I was never that strong when it came to strumming on the GHII engine, so Misirlou is quite the long shot for me.

Conlan22 Thanks! It's a song that I've been working off and on for the last two to three years, so its nice to finally have it under my belt.

My Guitar Hero journey started in 2006. I had just moved to Atlanta, and my first job was working at the Center for Puppetry Arts. A co-worker and I were talking about video games, and he asks if I've heard of Guitar Hero, which I hadn't. He says something like, Its a game where the controller is a guitar! That immediately caught my attention. I saw it on display in Best Buy soon after, and tried my hand at Bark at the Moon on medium and promptly failed. That was not enough to deter me, though. I bought the game soon after. I described the game to my dad later on, and even he, who was NOT a gamer by any means, wanted to see it. He came down to Atlanta to visit later that year, and I showed him the game. The next morning, I wake up and I can hear him playing Smoke on the Water. Remember the South Park episode where Randy plays Carry On Wayward Son in his underwear? It was very much art imitating life for me.

I've basically been playing this game religiously for the last fourteen years. No other series has captivated me like this. I have purchased very few games in the last ten years that weren't Guitar Hero related. The last three or four years, however, I've played it off and on, as interest waned or things in real life come up. Every now and then I get the urge to play again, and sometimes get some badass FCs. I also had a couple of moments that really stood out for me:

- Earning the Log for Rocks The 80s was significant because I did that in front of my dad.

- Earning 5 stars on TTFAF was really important to me as that was the most relatable accomplishment for non GH people. "Can you 5* Through the Fire and Flames on Expert?" "Yes. I can." "HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE AMAZING." "Yes. I am."

- I met up with blakstang98 and he helped me get the Living Legends achievement. I think he is one of the only Scorehero members I've met IRL.

- I of course can't forget to mention Hero for the Heart: A Guitar Hero Record Breaking Rock-a-thon to Benefit the American Heart Association. When my dad passed, I wanted to do something to honor his memory, so I set out to break the Guinness Record for longest Guitar Hero marathon. I spent six months planning, four and a half days playing, and three months collecting evidence. But it was worth it. So many of my friends came out to support me, and we raised over $6,500 for the AHA. And I still have that record, which stands at 72hr 17min.

All of those events took place 2012 and before. And a lot has happened since then. My house was burglarized in 2015, and it took me a while to get past that. And as I said, I've played off and on since then. But during that time, I've started focusing on getting my trivia company going, as well as my professional acting career. Occasionally I get the itch to work on a song that's been bugging me for a while, and I've gotten a couple of surprise FCs. Back in April 2017, I made a list called The Five: Five songs that I wanted to get FCs on, and then I'd be 100% done with Guitar Hero. I got three of them that year, and one last month.

That brings us today. As I mentioned in the title, my girlfriend/partner and I bought a house, and we move in tomorrow. It's something we've been working on for the past year or so, and we're super excited about it! We came in well under budget, and it's such an upgrade from where we're renting now! Everything we wanted in a house was there...we even have a garage! I've never had a garage in my life!

The big question for me is: What does Guitar Hero look like for me in the future? Sadly, it doesn't look like a lot. When my house was burglarized, about half of my GH games were taken: Smash Hits, World Tour, Van Halen, 5 and Band Hero. I could purchase them again, but the only things I could do would be Re-FCs or trying to get new Expert Guitar FCs, which could be few and far between. So, not worth it. Warriors of Rock is essentially done. Same with GHI, III, and 80s. That leaves only II and Metallica. The only songs worth working on are Misirlou, Trogdor, TTFAF, War Ensemble on Bass. Trogdor is literally impossible, and the last three...there's a lot of time and effort that need to be put in all three, and I just don't have the energy for them anymore.

I don't want to say I'm never going to play again, because I probably will. What I will say is I would not expect any more Guitar Hero related updates from me. I think I'm done being competitive: going for higher scores, newer FCs, things like that. Like LlamaYip said, I am not putting any expectations on myself. I hinted that I was done in 2018, but I think that was like Jordan being done in '99. This time though, I feel like it's going to be like his '03 retirement.

So, let us look back on a 14 year career!
- Full Series 5* on Expert
- 211/O211 FCs on Easy and Medium
- 208/O211 FCs on Hard (Only missing Misirlou, Trogdor, and TTFAF)
- Bass FSFC on Expert -1. (You know which one)
- Favorite individual 5 stars: Eruption, TDWDTG, TTFAF, Play With Me, Spanish Fly
- Favorite individual FCs for Expert Guitar: No One to Depend On, Dont Hold Back, Bark at the Moon (SH)
- Favorite individual FCS for Hard Guitar: One, Raining Blood, Get Ready 2 Rokk!, Texas Flood,
- Favorite individual FCs for Expert Bass: Dyers Eve, This Day We Fight!, Hot for Teacher, 21st Century Schizoid Man, Ted Nugent Guitar Duel

I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to everyone in the ScoreHero Community. It's been one of the only online communities I've ever been a part of, and its been nothing but love and support for nearly 15 years. As a Yankee that refuses to speak like a native of Atlanta, I say this with love...Y'all done great!

I don't have many specific shout outs to give, because I don't feel as though I know too many of you half as well as I would like. But I have to give a shout out to one person: Dramacomic: Haven't seen ya in a while, but I miss ya. You are one of the only people I connected with on a personal level on this site, and our constant back of forth of If he/I can do it, I/he can do it will never be forgotten! Ben, you're a great person, and the SOLE REASON Hero for the Heart gained any traction on the internet.

Friends, stay strong, stay safe, and stay healthy during these uncertain times. Please continue to document your future arthritis, because I LOVE hanging out in the Accomplishments thread.

Rock on, everyone!

- skinnywhitecomic, AKA Pat -

Last edited by skinnywhitecomic on Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Freebird post, and congrats on the house (from a British person's point of view, it looks like very American lol... but I'm sure you guys have comments about our British houses sometimes as a lot of ours look the same! Not a bad thing by the way, as your place still looks decent & roomy!)

You've had some major achievements over the years, some of which I personally would never achieve, so massive props to you!

If you do retire now... then enjoy life in your new home, always good to get a new place (especially as a homeowner!), so you'll want to make the most of it. Even if you don't play anymore, keep on rockin' and visiting SH!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a Freebird post. Congrats on the the new house and on all the amazing guitar hero accomplishments!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite an accomplishment ! congratz on your house. As we get older, we all suffer the dredded thing sadly, but we still get the urge here and there to play again and have some fun. come say hi from time to time, we'll never forget SWC !

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I got to say is: Congratz, and if you don't feel like ever coming back one day, farewell and godspeed. (may bit a bit premature, but)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excellent freebird post I must say! You've achieved the one accomplishment I desire most right now... buying a house is such a huge milestone and you should be so proud to have a place to call your own.

Sad to hear the GH accomplishments are likely over, but you've done a lot in your time here and real life takes priority anyway. That bass FSFC would be oh so sweet regardless Take care, and don't be a stranger!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing FC! I bet that one took a lot of effort.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for the U.S. Air Guitar National Championship! See OP!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: