ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cross-Platform Rankings are up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiscoV  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been stated in a previous post, but it would be great if in the rankings we could see what system the person belongs to. I may just be crazy, but I think it would be a good idea.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiscoV wrote:
It may have been stated in a previous post, but it would be great if in the rankings we could see what system the person belongs to. I may just be crazy, but I think it would be a good idea.

Well, if you check a particular song's rankings, you'll see which system each score belongs to. But if you're talking about overall rankings, it's not so simple to decide which system someone "belongs" to. Obviously if all of someone's scores are on a particular system it's an easy call, but what if they have one or more scores from another system?

For example, I have GH2 for both PS2 and 360. The large majority of my best scores are on the PS2, since I've only ever played any given song once on the 360. However, a couple on 360 are better, just because my "sightreads" were done recently, and I've improved a lot since I entered my PS2 scores. So now which system do I belong to? You could say PS2 because that's where most of my scores are from, but I actually don't intend to play GH2 on the PS2 any more now that my 360 scores will contribute to my overall ranking.

So it's really not a straightforward decision in a lot of cases, though it would probably be nice to have some sort of way to see which system(s) they've entered scores for.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting a long time for this, thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiscoV wrote:
Me thinks that won't work too well, especially when you have people like me, who have scores for multiple versions of the game (just look at my GH2H scores, I have a shit-ton for both consoles and I worked my arse off on both consoles, which console would I "belong" to?).

In any case, <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 Scorehero staff for finally getting the integrated rankings up. It's really interesting just seeing how people compare across the board ^_^
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
DiscoV  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
DiscoV wrote:

Well, if you check a particular song's rankings, you'll see which system each score belongs to. But if you're talking about overall rankings, it's not so simple to decide which system someone "belongs" to. Obviously if all of someone's scores are on a particular system it's an easy call, but what if they have one or more scores from another system?

For example, I have GH2 for both PS2 and 360. The large majority of my best scores are on the PS2, since I've only ever played any given song once on the 360. However, a couple on 360 are better, just because my "sightreads" were done recently, and I've improved a lot since I entered my PS2 scores. So now which system do I belong to? You could say PS2 because that's where most of my scores are from, but I actually don't intend to play GH2 on the PS2 any more now that my 360 scores will contribute to my overall ranking.

So it's really not a straightforward decision in a lot of cases, though it would probably be nice to have some sort of way to see which system(s) they've entered scores for.

I guess I overlooked that. Good point from Deimos and psxfreak101, scratch my idea.

Once again, thanks to the staff, this new feature is great.
TheHipHopRocker  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks awsome, thank you for an amazing job.

If a man says something, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RejectWoW
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many kudos to you for this one. Amazing work. I'm just a little upset that I'm not ranked 1337th anymore. I guess I'll have to submit more scores if I want to be up there again.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome! Even more incentive to get better now. Too cool.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
BenjiHero7  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!! Thank you
abarre1234  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are just absolutely amazing.
01:34 eyewin8-1 : i would have wanted a tighter vagina
01:34 Gamb|irc : ^
01:34 eyewin8-1 : but thats just me
01:34 abarre1234-1 : i agree
01:34 eyewin8-1 : >_>
01:35 abarre1234-1 : >_>
01:35 eyewin8-1 : and you 2
01:35 eyewin8-1 : i guess
01:35 eyewin8-1 : lol
01:35 eyewin8-1 : <3 threesome
Samson007  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! This is awesome.

#1 overall medium, whoooooop!

chiefbigtree14  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome ive always wanted to compare with ps2 or wii users

The HOPOs will be so easy that you can bash the frets left and right with your penis and end up hitting the entire solo.

My Acc. Thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63204
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work everyone! 17th on GH2H and 9th on GH3H overall! It does kill me to see that my 45th place on GH2X-360 = 235th on both systems , but it's good to have more competition to make me work harder.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me being a PS3 player this really puts things in to perspective for me. My rank 8th on a song on the PS3 is almost 500th overall. Thanks alot for giving me the initiatiative to update my scores... later...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JC and the Staff for this implementation. Too bad it makes my scores look worse than they are . I look forward to see what other advancements SH plans to make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: