ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is as good a place as any to post this, even if Squirrel isn't answering the posts anymore, maybe someone else can help me out.

Back home, my brothers have a Wii, and a couple weeks ago they said it stopped working. It'll turn on and do everything fine, but every disc that gets put in it says is unreadable. Now, I thought it was just the disc at first, getting scratched, but EVERY disc gets this error. Any ideas on whats wrong and/or how to fix this?

Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Well this is as good a place as any to post this, even if Squirrel isn't answering the posts anymore, maybe someone else can help me out.

Back home, my brothers have a Wii, and a couple weeks ago they said it stopped working. It'll turn on and do everything fine, but every disc that gets put in it says is unreadable. Now, I thought it was just the disc at first, getting scratched, but EVERY disc gets this error. Any ideas on whats wrong and/or how to fix this?

You're laser is probably dead or dieing. My best bet is to send it in.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:

This is exactly what happened to me. It's a laser error. Send it into Nintendo; they'll fix it for ~70-80 bucks and give you a 2 year warranty.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the questions coming! Squirrel has passed the torch down to me and now I'm in charge! MWUHAHAHAHHA!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having strange problems trying to connect to Xbox Live. If I plug my ether net cable directly from the wall into the 360 (which used to work), then it fails to connect to the network at all.

If I try passing the connection through my laptop, then I connect to the network, and to the Internet, but then fail to connect to Live itself.

The ethernet chord definitely works, and I definitely have an active Live subscription.

I'm hoping that this is fixable without access to the router, because I have no idea where in this building it is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
I've been having strange problems trying to connect to Xbox Live. If I plug my ether net cable directly from the wall into the 360 (which used to work), then it fails to connect to the network at all.

If I try passing the connection through my laptop, then I connect to the network, and to the Internet, but then fail to connect to Live itself.

The ethernet chord definitely works, and I definitely have an active Live subscription.

I'm hoping that this is fixable without access to the router, because I have no idea where in this building it is.

Are all the necessary Xbox Live ports open?
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
I honestly have no surefire way of finding out. All I know is that the ethernet port on the wall used to work. Then I went home for the weekend. Then I came back, and found that it didn't work at all.

For the connection via the laptop, I'm not necessarily sure if all of the ports are open, but I'll try that later today.

Edit: I'm not entirely certain that I want to screw around with opening the ports on this laptop, as this is a loaner. If when I get my laptop back from the repair shop, I still experience problems, I'll be sure to come back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
I honestly have no surefire way of finding out. All I know is that the ethernet port on the wall used to work. Then I went home for the weekend. Then I came back, and found that it didn't work at all.

For the connection via the laptop, I'm not necessarily sure if all of the ports are open, but I'll try that later today.

Edit: I'm not entirely certain that I want to screw around with opening the ports on this laptop, as this is a loaner. If when I get my laptop back from the repair shop, I still experience problems, I'll be sure to come back.

Go to 192.168.1.1 or something (your IP address, put it in the address bar) Then Wikipedia XBL's ports and forward them. If you dont know what your IP is just go into Start<Run<CMD<ipconfig then copy and paste the default gateway to and from the CMD to the browser.
Necromac  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions:

1- Is there any way to fix a Yellow Light Of Death for the ps3?

2 - If not, Is there any way to back up the data on a ps3 HDD without being able to do it on the actual PS3?

Thanks in advance

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromac wrote:
Two questions:

1- Is there any way to fix a Yellow Light Of Death for the ps3?

2 - If not, Is there any way to back up the data on a ps3 HDD without being able to do it on the actual PS3?

Thanks in advance

1: Yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1zyAGwnuU&feature=related

2: Just follow the guide then pop the HDD back in and you're set.
Necromac  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched those youtube vids.

I guess I'll try that if my warranty has expired (I can't remember if the extended warranty was for 2 or 3 years), but if my warranty is still good, it will be a straight replacement, not a repair (well, thats what EB told me).

If I do get a replacement, then the HDD won't be recognised properly, and it will need to be reformatted (well, thats what I've read), which will make me a sad panda .
I'm going to do everything in my power to get this one fixed, and not a replacement, but if I end up having to get a replacement, I REALLY don't want to lose all my save files.
So I guess I'm asking question 2 again...
I don't care about the game data, or the music/videos/photos on there, but I do care about the save files (note to self: BACKUP )

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUZZAH! SQUIRREL IS BACK IN DA HIZZLE!
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Well I'm done going through threads for now. Time to get back to work. I'll go through more and help people tomorrow.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to bump this to page 1 again:

I am starting to notice a few problems with my 360 when I play; I was playing through Unreal Championship 2 on my 360 and I was noticing extremely low framerates; in addition, when I go on the leaderboards for GH3 it will freeze (can access guide button to go to dashboard) but recently in RB2 online play it has frozen my entire xbox will freeze which causes me to have to restart it, but this has only happened twice ever.

Am I on the path to a broken xbox? What can I do to fix this? I also just bought some of that compressed air (dust remover) and sprayed some air into my xbox...thanks man.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halp! I would AIM you but with all the Amanda and eviction bullshit going on... My DS (the launch fatty silver!) wont turn on, even with the charger in and no battery. All I get is the orange power LED flashing for a second and then dead. If I try to use it while the orange LED is on all I get is a *Pop* or 2. I even replaced the battery with no avail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 18 of 39

Jump to: