Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lortwogo - X (464/660) - GH3PC + Customs up and running
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Lortwogo - X (464/660) - GH3PC + Customs up and running Reply with quote

CURRENTLY OFFLINE: http://www.twitch.tv/lortwogo

Thanks to Losviken, I've got GH3PC up and running, and I've picked up a small handful of setlists to go with it. Just today I finally got my 360 LP hooked up to the PC and it works great, so I might do some fun streams with playing the customs in the near future. If for whatever reason you have a setlist you think I should add, I'm up for doing so, since I haven't added much myself at the moment.

GH1 X FCs - 8/47

Latest: Hey You

Latest time stamp on scores page; don't know how easy/hard this was for me back then.

Remaining

Thunder Kiss 65
Smoke On The Water
Infected
Iron Man
More Than A Feeling
You Got Another Thing Comin'
Sharp Dressed Man
Heart Full of Black
Symphony Of Destruction
Ziggy Stardust
Fat Lip
Cochise
Take It Off
Unsung
Spanish Castle Magic
Higher Ground
No One Knows
Ace Of Spades
Crossroads
Godzilla
Texas Flood
Frankenstein
Cowboys From Hell
Bark At The Moon
Fire It Up
Cheat on the Church
Caveman Rejoice
Eureka, I've Found Love
All of This
The Breaking Wheel
Callout
Decontrol
Even Rats
Farewell Myth
Fly On The Wall
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Guitar Hero
Sail Your Ship By
Story of My Love

GH2 X FCs - 60/64 (+10/10 Xbox Exclusives)

Latest: Jordan

It happened. After about 4 or 5 post C chokes, it happened. So happy On to Hangar 18!

Remaining

Misirlou
Hangar 18
Six
Trogdor

GH:80s X FCs - 7/30

Latest: The Warrior

Nothing to comment on.

Remaining

(Bang Your Head) Metal Health
I Ran (So Far Away)
No One Like You
Shakin'
Heat Of The Moment
Radar Love
Because, It's Midnite
Turning Japanese
Hold On Loosely
I Wanna Rock
What I Like About You
Synchronicity II
Ballroom Blitz
Only A Lad
Round And Round
Ain't Nothin But A Good Time
Lonely Is The Night
Bathroom Wall
Los Angeles
Electric Eye
Seventeen
Caught In A Mosh
Play With Me

GH3 X FCs - 68/70

Latest: The Way It Ends

I don't remember the details of this, but I'm sure this was #68 (it was a long time ago).

Remaining

One
Through The Fire And Flames

GH:A X FCs - 41/41

Latest: Train Kept a Rollin'

Second try after practicing. Got a decent method for Caboose and just needed to learn the other solos. Baggage Car Solo 2 I was getting half the time, the times I was missing was a -1 or -2 near the beginning of the mayhem part in practice. My first run was -6 in that part though, missed in like 3 different spots. Still, no Caboose chokes for me; GH:A FGFC!

GHWT X FCs - 80/86

Latest: Crazy Train

First try of the day. Wanted to save this for one of the last songs because I knew I'd enjoy grinding it, which I didn't have to apparently

Remaining

Love Removal Machine
Mr. Crowley
Overkill
B.Y.O.B.
Hot For Teacher
Satch Boogie

GH:M X FCs - 13/49

Latest: Stone Cold Crazy

Easy.

Remaining

Tuesday's Gone
King Nothing
Orion
No Leaf Clover
The Boys Are Back In Town
Stacked Actors
The Black River
War Inside My Head
The Memory Remains
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Demon Cleaner
Mommy's Little Monster - Live
Armed and Ready
Hell Bent for Leather
Frantic
All Nightmare Long
Mercyful Fate
Whiplash
Blood and Thunder
Ace of Spades
Hit the Lights
Seek & Destroy
Creeping Death
Master of Puppets
Battery
Am I Evil?
Evil
War Ensemble
One
The Shortest Straw
Dyer's Eve
Disposable Heroes
Fight Fire with Fire

GH:SH X FCs - 46/48

Latest: Psychobilly Freakout

Took a few tries after practicing the solo. Strumming is not my strong suit.

Remaining

Play With Me
Through The Fire And Flames

GH5 X FCs - 24/85

Latest: 2 Minutes to Midnight

Easy.

Remaining

21st Century Schizoid Man
American Girl
Bring the Noise 20XX
Dancing With Myself
Disconnected
Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)
Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
Gratitude
Hungry Like The Wolf
Hurts So Good
In My Place
In The Meantime
Incinerate
Jailbreak
Judith
Kryptonite
L.A.
Lithium (Live)
Lonely Is The Night
Looks That Kill
Lust For Life (Live)
Maiden, Mother & Crone
Make It Wit Chu
Medicate
Mirror People
Nearly Lost You
Never Miss A Beat
No One To Depend On (Live)
One Big Holiday
Only Happy When It Rains
Play That Funky Music
Plug In Baby
Ring Of Fire
The Rock Show
Runnin' Down A Dream
Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
Scatterbrain (Live)
Send A Little Love Token
Seven
Sex On Fire
Shout It Out Loud
Six Days A Week
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Sneak Out
So Lonely
Song 2
Sowing Season (Yeah)
Steady, As She Goes
Streamline Woman
Superstition
Sympathy For The Devil
They Say
Under Pressure
Wannabe In LA
We're An American Band
What I Got
Why Bother?
Wolf Like Me
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)
You And Me
Young Funk

GH:VH X FCs - 40/47

Latest: Jump

Easy.

Remaining

And The Cradle Will Rock...
You Really Got Me
Romeo Delight
Hot For Teacher
I'm The One
Spanish Fly
Eruption

GH:WoR X FCs - 77/93

Latest: Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants

Didn't take long after learning Verse 3B; kind of lucked out though, I wasn't that consistent.

Remaining

Black Widow of La Porte
Burn
Call Me the Breeze (Live)
Chemical Warfare
Fury of the Storm
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
Indians
Move It On Over (Live)
Speeding (Vault Version)
Sudden Death
There's No Secrets This Year
This Day We Fight!
Ties That Bind
Tones of Home
(You Can Still) Rock in America

EDIT July 10: Booted up GH3, did some practice with new methods for stuff like Solo Fill II and Solo 1A, then did a no-reset run. 856k, -25 overall: -1 in each of Intro Solo A, Pre Chorus 1, and Verse 2, then ~95% in each of Solo 1A, C, and D, then 88% on Solo to the End (missed after the 7th or 8th set of triplets). I was trying to play quietly with parents around (normally I play loudly and deliberately to make sure I get the rhythm of some sections down). Clearly I still need to practice the solo some more, but after that, a good grind session or two might be able to do it.
EDIT July 08: After a couple hours today, I've modified my approach to several different sections and now feel that my only concerns (past Chorus 2A) are the grace notes starting Solo 1A, getting more comfortable with 1D/Keep Soloing, and not screwing up Solo Fill II after I fix my muscle memory for a new method (right now I'm royally screwing up the triplets trying to swap from my old method to my new one; once I feel good with it Solo Fill II should be reasonably consistent). I'll keep pounding out practice over the next while and see how much further I can get.
EDIT July 07: Woke up, booted up a stream, and did my first run of the day. Comedy run all around but thought it was nice to get a large-ish note streak.

After watching Bradmasta FC Revolution Deathsquad pretty much on demand I figured I should step up my game and get a Dragonforce FC, and I thought Operation Ground and Pound was the closest for me. Turns out it is, managed a -19 run that was almost entirely in Solo 1D (missed in 4 other places that were just strumming in verses/choruses; hit the other stuff like Solo Fill II and Solo to the End pretty easily).

I think I just need to keep playing the song to get used to the strum speed of stuff like the pre-choruses so I can actually make it to the solo at least like 90% of the time, then get to a comfortable level with the solo. I've been hitting Solo Fill II and Solo to the End like 85% of the time in random runs I do, so simply being in the zone should let me pull an FC even if it's half-fluke.

When I feel I'm getting close or consistent enough, I'll start streaming the runs.

I finally got around to picking up GHL (PS3 version) a couple days ago, and got to try out all the new stuff. After some basic calibration, tutorial, etc. I found out one very obvious problem: I suck - a lot.

The new button system is taking some time to get used to; I've managed to 5-star a few songs from playing GHTV to practice, but it's still hard to read the charts too. I'm used to playing Rocksmith where a separate line actually had some height offset in 3D space, but all the notes being on one plane (if that makes sense) makes it rather difficult to sightread songs, and read in general. I haven't found a practice mode which is very demoralizing when I think of practicing solos, so it'll definitely take a while to get anywhere near a level I am with the classic 5 button layout.

My guitar seems to have some issues registering every downstrum input as well, so hopefully that works itself out too. I only just more or less fixed my calibration with the HDTV I'm on (the inherit lag on it is actually not bad, it's rather close to a CRT but obviously not exactly like one). If the guitar fixes itself, I can properly play and learn. Also, my internet is less than third world because of hardware issues on my ISP's end from their investigating, so I get kicked out of GHTV every second song or less on a regular day.

I'll keep playing for a while longer to see what I can manage on GHTV; hopefully I can FC the main setlist after a little while since I hear that they're all generally much easier than the songs you'd find on GHTV.

I finally got my PS2 up and running, and played a few things between GH80s and GH1. I started on a few songs for GH80s, but I haven't tried for anything in GH1 yet. I'll keep trying random songs to see what I'm close on, if I feel up to it.

I haven't had much lately to update with, but I've done a little bit every now and again to have some updates right now.

I had a PB run of Satch Boogie (363k) with an 84% Solo D and 98% Solo F. I started messing up late in F because my hand was slipping and it was starting to feel awkward with fretting (I anchor G with my tapping hand and just fret the three higher notes). Unless I can get Solo D, this will never get FCed.

Also, I had another handful of random choke runs of Hot For Teacher. FC can't be too long away if I grind it out for a good chunk of time.

Mr. Crowley is close to falling as well. A random run I had FCed everything but Blizzard of Thoth 6 I think (really stupid miss, just a misfret), as well as not looking at the screen for a note in Verse 1, lol. Also not far off if I decide to sit down and grind.

Lastly, I did some work on Overkill and started to get some methods fleshed out, but I'm not too practiced with it yet.

I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but this is the majority of what I've been working on when I decide to play every now and again.

I popped in GH3 to try out some DLC and the remaining two setlist songs, and I'm actually better at One's FSA than I thought. I'm going to keep practicing One, and I'm also going to try and rework my techniques for Through The Fire And Flames. If I roadblock after a while, I'll switch back to GH:M or GH5 and it'll seem fresh, so grinding FCs won't be a problem.

FCed The Spirit Of Radio (Live) first try today just casually playing for FC #453 in the series. This was #21 in GH5. Made possible by moving my Xbox to the HDTV in the living room to try some songs out

I also 100% overstrummed Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live). I totally forgot about Outro - Riffing and strummed through the whole thing and lost combo because of it. Then I just overstrummed in the final chords of the Ending. FC when I have the patience to grind a 14 minute song.

Today was good; 29 new FCs on WoR (up to 77) and I started GH5 and have 4 FCs on that now, the latest addition being Demon(s). I learned the solo, was super inconsistent at it, and just did some runs anyway because the song is awesome. A short time later, I managed to actually FC it, so that's nice

More silent updates on GH5 this week most likely. Also, GH:M should be here in a few days, so who knows if I'll switch to it randomly.

I just ordered Metallica (by accident I should say; I was continuing through checkout to see what a final price would be and I apparently accidentally reserved it and had to pay like 40 bucks for it because shipping/import charges and conversion to Canadian was done AFTER I reserved it, fucks sake) and Guitar Hero 5 and Warriors of Rock are already shipped. Also, my friend whom I lent my PS2 to with both Guitar Hero 1 and 80s is moving to my city for the new school year this fall, so I should get that from him around that time. That finishes up all the games I had left to get. Until the fall, I'll have a lot of FCs to try and get before having the other two games to work on.

In the meantime, I made progress on Aerosmith and have only 1 song left for it (UPDATE: Train Kept a Rollin' fell in two tries! The FGFC took no time at all, haha). After I finish that up I think I'll try and fix up World Tour a bit, then at least one of the games should have arrived by then and I can start racking up FCs into the 500s before I have access to GH1 and GH:80s.

EDIT: Got Psychobilly Freakout in a few tries. Play With Me next!

After grabbing three new FCs in Van Halen (Painkiller, The End of Heartache, Sick, Sick, Sick; those finish up the guest acts in the game) I played some Smash Hits and after failing Raining Blood for several attempts, I tried Free Bird and found out it was much easier than I remembered. After 4 attempts of missing in stupid spots (the first try being the end of Solo U, ouch) I got that for FC #44. Then I went back to Raining Blood and 40 minutes later I got that too for #45. Psychobilly Freakout is next, then some grinding for Play With Me and I'm done with this game for a while.

Warriors of Rock is still on the way. Hopefully it'll be here next week. (EDIT: Ordered GH5 now. Also on the way.)

I found Warriors of Rock for a decent price and ordered it, so that will arrive at some point. With that game incoming (a track list of 93 songs) I'm going to make an intermediate goal for 400/660 FCs. I have like 60 songs remaining give or take a few with the last three games I ordered, so 400 should be pretty simple, and this way I don't feel obligated to max out a game just yet for FC count (whether it be GH:A FGFC or something like GH:SH 47/48; you get the point). After reaching 400, I think I'll be close enough on the other games to finish them by doing what I just said, then I'll see where I want to go from there (either going for the really difficult FCs on the games I already own to actually attempt finishing the FGFCs or just pick up GH:M, or GH5, etc.). In the meantime, I'll keep picking up FCs here and there if I have the motivation to grind.

Speaking of getting more FCs, I got my 300th FC today; Electric Eye on GH:SH. Thought I'd mention it just because it breaks a multiple of a hundred, which is pretty cool.

Played a little Van Halen today grabbing 6 FCs, the last one of the streak being Little Guitars. Still have 4 songs I haven't even played yet, then I can start going back and fixing some non-FCs.

So, I took a break from GH and ended up playing a TON of Dark Souls II (bought it less than a couple weeks ago and I already have over 100 hours logged). I'm not really sure what I want to do in that game right now, so I'm going to start grabbing FCs again, starting with Van Halen. I'll most likely stick to Van Halen as well, and switch off to another later.

Last edited by Lortwogo on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 572 times in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
smackdown85146  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Lortwogo. It's good that you're not playing GH3 since your guitar is broken.

Wait ... is it broken?

We gots to play more Co-Op if it's fixed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new rivalry has me FC'ing a ton of songs now... At least I'm done with that wretched song HMWYBS, NEVER going back to it again.

http://www.twitch.tv/lortwogo
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
Ryane  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FCs you have there.
If you got RARAN then you can definitely get alot more.
It was my 49th FC :P
Current GH3X FCs: 63! (FCPREMIX!)
Current GH:WTXG FCs: 17 (Are You Gonna Go My Way)
Current Goals:
Scream Aim Fire FC in first week
Beat It FC also in first week
5* All of Expert Drums
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dark Lord RyNo
Maozilla  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock and Roll All Nite? I'm in the Band?

Holy damn those songs suck. Nice job with the FCs. I still can't stand trying to get them.
anterth  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryane wrote:
Nice FCs you have there.
If you got RARAN then you can definitely get alot more.
It was my 49th FC :P

it was my 51st

thanks Karatechess!!
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overstrummed The Seeker and In The Belly of a Shark... Dang. At least sections 1-4 are all 100% now

Quickshot657  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lortwogo FTW!!!

Thanks for the beer.

Need Help with a Song? Well find the link in the above quote, because this is my Accomplishments Thread.
Colts100 vs. Rott3np3anut vs. SaM-
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quickshot657 wrote:
Lortwogo FTW!!!

Thanks for the beer.

Yep... I'd say things are going the right way if you know what I mean

By the way, I forgot to pay for the beer, so when they turn up at my door looking for me I'll tell them you have it

smackdown85146  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Lortwogo your like amazing.

I'm mad. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for some reduxing and new FC goals.

KratosAurion  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice LortWogo i just got Even Flow and The Metal FC today so yea

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: azndude3194
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six 5*!!!

Finally... 1st run today!

Leaves one song to GHIIX Guitar God status.

Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less Talk More Rokk 5*!!

Finally!

GHIIX Guitar God - 8/9/08

Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was LTMR your last 5* O.o!? That's very unusual, but hey, to each their own. Congrats on it all, dude. Good luck with progressing even further!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: