ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mascot Banner question (OP updated 7/16/11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:
I think it's kind of cool... I mean with mascot it basically means in the forum ranks you are almost there to freebird, and thus removing what you guys are calling the shield kind of like a cacoon or whatever then it finally shapes into a butterfinger and thats where the free bird banner comes from because thats how it is.

i lol'd

Anyway yeah I thought this was dumb but now I don't care I'll be a freebird eventually. Just get a smaller avatar it's easier =D
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
Why is it less than 135 pixels wide though? ¯\(°_o)/¯

And that's what I want to know. I'm not complaining about its color scheme, I'm asking why it's so small in comparison. (Rockers even have wider banners.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that's just the size that fits, with the "Mascot" text and the colors chosen...maybe that's just the best width for it.

I like that it's smaller, it sticks out until you get that coveted Free Bird banner that has the bird sticking out all differently-sized.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
(Rockers even have wider banners.)

Hey, if I could, I'd gladly switch banners with you!

I'm not gonna lie though, This did confuse me. At least this thread gave me some clue on what the term "mascot" actually meant.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering: Has anyone here ever read Malcolm X, whether for an English/American Lit/Lit class or on their own? It's pertinent: the second chapter is titled "Mascot", and gives some interesting thought (since chapter titles are more "figure out why" than "obvious statement of fact here") into the idea of someone being a mascot for another person/entity.

There could be some parallels drawn between Malcolm thinking of himself as a Mascot and the huge number of Mascots we seem to have here.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i feel left out

dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with Mushy as well. I think the mascot is sorta giving you an idea that soon you will be a freebird. And also it shows that you've been around here for a while and posted lots of stuff without being rockered... (Unlike me ) and people actually care about what you say because what you've posted hasn't been useless.

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited to OP to make it more clear.

I only want to know (preferably from a mod) why the banner is less than 135 pixels wide.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are able to somehow contact the original graphic maker (cinder), I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that my update left a part out.

As for getting in contact with cinder...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my sources it is 105 wide and 15 high. As for why, cinder is the only source for that.

If you are OCD then change your avatar to that and problem is solved.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish there were a few more banners now that SH has evolved and gotten bigger, and there is obviously a lot more reasons to post. before mascot there seem to be tons of changes in ranks, but after that you just have Freebird, which to be honest is kinda of cliche and gets old after awhile. A change for every 1000 after 2000 would be pretty awesome, ending at 10k.

Then again, I love "leveling up" in anything I possibly can, so I'm sort of an addict to things like that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
I just wish there were a few more banners now that SH has evolved and gotten bigger, and there is obviously a lot more reasons to post. before mascot there seem to be tons of changes in ranks, but after that you just have Freebird, which to be honest is kinda of cliche and gets old after awhile. A change for every 1000 after 2000 would be pretty awesome, ending at 10k.

Then again, I love "leveling up" in anything I possibly can, so I'm sort of an addict to things like that.

This even though I'm not even close to being a freebird lol
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:

Freebird definitely seems chiched, but it's still awesome. If new ranks are added, then Freebird should be moved to the last one, but then all of the Freebirds would be pissed about being deFreebirded, so you can't win.

We should probably just stick to the current system; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the question stems from the problem of your avatar matching with the rank banner width, I say, why not make your avatar a bit smaller to match? or get a asymmetric one, or an avatar without defined edges, so people wouldn't notice the length difference as much?

Edit: though now that I look at it, I should change my avatar...Asholette had some potential, but she fails in general...trying to match a rainbow colored banner is tough...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: