SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
yksi: Jordan Solo F choke numero octo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I'm bumping this thread to ask two questions.

1) On Black Magic Woman, I notice that everyone is at least 400 below optimal. Now, I'm wondering: Is it the second squeeze that gives everyone fits? Because I have hit that at least 5 times before, no points missing from optimal at all, with some really insane timing window abuse. Sadly, I choked every time I did, but if I could FC the song with that squeeze, would that put me in first?

No, i dont think so. I too always hit that squeeze, it doesnt seem very hard at all. I think the third activation (200 plus ticks), and orange part and last activation (ticks) is where the 400 lies. That third activation is really hard for me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I'm bumping this thread to ask two questions.

1) On Black Magic Woman, I notice that everyone is at least 400 below optimal. Now, I'm wondering: Is it the second squeeze that gives everyone fits? Because I have hit that at least 5 times before, no points missing from optimal at all, with some really insane timing window abuse. Sadly, I choked every time I did, but if I could FC the song with that squeeze, would that put me in first?

No, i dont think so. I too always hit that squeeze, it doesnt seem very hard at all. I think the third activation (200 plus ticks), and orange part and last activation (ticks) is where the 400 lies. That third activation is really hard for me

The third one, really? Wow, we're like complete opposites O_O I hit that one really easily. Try stumming the red hammeron. I manage to hit that blue note really late all the time and get that red under SP. I even had a few extra ticks than the optimal path! But, yeah, that last activation is ridiculous. I've never gotten all the points from it. For the 4th activation, I activate like a half-beat later on the just in case, and the fifth one I actually sometimes tilt before the sweeps. I don't mind losing a few ticks on the end. I select activate that more often than tilt, though.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAWVcmM9j4

Lets take Shiny Cow's fc vid of this song for a good example, hes 10th place all platforms and ticks off first (alot of ticks, but still):

-He moves the second activation up 1 note (-200)
- hits the third activation (-ticks?)
-hits fourth (-ticks?)
-misses last (-200 + maybe ticks)

Assuming the other players above him didnt hit either of those squeezes, those are the squeezes he missed (second and last) and those are the toughies. Im sorry, i think i was mistaken that the second activation started at the last RB chord >_>... my bad. Seems you were right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I hit the second squeeze perfectly (which I can now easily do), according to the optimal path, I could be first by 200 and then some?

...Sweet. I'll have to FC that when I decide to stop playing GH:M :P

Yeah, I don't blame you for thinking it started on the RB chord. It's a pretty ridiculous squeeze if you start on the red, and you wouldn't believe how much I have to abuse the timing window to get it. I squeeze the R so that I have to alt-strum fairly quickly to hit the RB on time, and then I treat the as . It's huge, and it's probably one of the best squeezes I've ever done :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've tried and tried and tried some more, but I just cannot finish off any run in which I manage to hit the squeeze without choking. I'm just going to try for 266,4xx for now instead of getting worked up over outsqueezing random people on a GH website :P But yeah, it's very possible, so if any of you insane squeezers wanna try it then give it a shot. The outro squeeze, however, I have never managed to hit

Also, in the most epic feat I've ever achieved, I just got 60 FCs on Guitar Hero 3. I will now be taking the two shiniest banners that I can get:

My next task is to get 24M in career, and I have added it to my Goals list. It should certainly be a nice break from a stressful FC crusade, since the songs I need to improve on have tons of missing points and are currently not FCed by me. So instead of trying to FC them, I'm simply trying to improve on them. Maybe now I won't maniacally attack my poor Les Paul out of frustration for a while

...Though maybe I should get BiF now since it's the closest one I have... nah, its time will come whenever it's ready

ArsenicSauce  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on 60 FC's. You have some great scores. I wouldn't be surprised to see you making a lot more firsts or top tens.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Arsenik Sauce
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 60 FCs and a Cliffs of Dover FC ! That song is so awesome and hard!
Also, good luck with a 24M career and with 65 FCs if you're going for them

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you beat me to 60 FCs. I have 59.5.(overstrums FTL)

That's good work though, and you earned a nice looking banner too.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! 60 FCs is by no means easy.
65+ soon?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good good shit my man.. good good shit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: yksi-kaksi-kolme: 60 GH3X FCs!!!!!! Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

I'm going to start tracking GHMX now. I'm going to focus mainly on Guitar, even though I'm not half bad at vocals and have 5-starred the entire setlist.

So, today I:

FCed Tuesday's Gone... twice
ReFCed For Whom the Bell Tolls
CHOKED on an EASY part in Fade to Black (Solo 1B's little thing of blues before the things)
FCed Hell Bent for Leather

Wow, that's a bad reverse choke
Did you FC solo C and D? Those are the hard ones. If you did, that really sucks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiiiiiice.

That's been my goal for a while (I was actually trying to beat you to it ) but... I guess I just got schooled. :P Major congrats, man, that's an amazing landmark.

Any tips for Black Sunshine? I can't get that one for the life of me! It's supposedly really easy, but I just don't see it.

All I need is that and KoC for my 60. I choked post-fast strumming, though. FML.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are quite amazing, 60 FCs is pretty darn challenging, and I know I was overjoyed when I got 40 yesterday, so I can only imagine what you feel like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! GHAddict, this may be an obvious question, but what problem are you having with Black Sunshine? I used to have trouble with the trilly part moreso than the breakdown. If it's breakdown help you need, though, first examine the chart. It may sound a bit mundane, but knowing what you have to do helps a lot sometimes.

So you have two full scales, a quad scale, a triplet, and another full scale. I play straight from second position:

Give that a shot. However, you should also take care when it comes to speed changes.

According to the actual chart, the second scale is actually a couplet and a tuplet, not a full scale. This is a more accurate representation:

The GH3 is pretty lenient, but it may help to know that.

Now for my own progress.

...I was so close to 8*ing every possible song.

Somehow, some way, I got a -6 on Cult of Personality. Now, that was miraculous enough, but the real kicker was my score: 360,314. Yep, 400 points away from an 8*. Wow. So Thunderalex, if you come in here, I was completely wrong. I think you know what I'm talking about

GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the fingerings down... For the broken up scale (the couplet and the tuplet) I'm going to play it as a full scale. Do I play it early or late to best abuse the timing window?

I really think it's the speed changes that rape me there. Damnit, I was hoping the answer wouldn't be "practice, practice, practice." OK, then, I'll just get to work.

The other spot that kills me is the Verses. I can get it, just... inconsistently. I can ace scales like in TDWDTG, but I never get the 5-note scales in the middle of nowhere. i.e. Kool Thing--I only ever messed up the scales. Nowhere else. Ever.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: