ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Forum Signature Rules (Updated 7/18/11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsally93 wrote:
Well, this is EXACTLY what I had:

It goes right to my thread, is that ok, or not?

That's fine to have in your sig, but it's not exempt from the total height restrictions, only the auto-generated stat images (purchased with contribution points) are exempt.

That image is 125px tall, so if you use that you're only allowed 45 pixels of height for other things.
samtheman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
samtheman wrote:
Now usually, I'm at agreement with whatever decisions you guys may make. However, here, I disagree and think that 170 height is a terrible limit. The picture in my signature, one I've used for a while now, is 217. But it's only one image....I don't think it is anywhere near "cluttering the forum". Resized the image looks terrible. =/ Something cluttering the forum would be like a wall of text, or multiple images stack on each other. I personally think my one image is fine and the term "cluttering the forums" may be exaggerated a tad. =/

First of all, that image is 320 pixels wide, it's only 217 tall. And no, we're not making exceptions for people just because they think their sig is extra-cool.

Regardless, it looks fine resized:

I personally don't like it resized, but whatever. I wasn't trying to boast my signature as "extra cool" or anything (though Godot is awesome). I wasn't asking for an exception, I was asking for you to rethink the limitations. Yes, I read why you made the limit what it is. However, thats only off one line. There are numerous people like myself who tend to post somewhat long posts, so there is always bound to be some of the blank space. Raising it 50 or so pixels wouldn't be terrible in my opinion, and in fact would still be do able. But I don't make the rules, so I guess I'll just have to change the picture with a smaller one in a week.

EDIT: And yes, I noticed I had used the width instead of the height. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea. Anything to de-clutter the forums is good by me.

Just out of curiosity, though...was this set off by one specific incident or signature that just went too far, or has it been in the works since the implementation of the Wiki? (If I'm delving too far into the inner workings of Scorehero by asking this, just let me know and I won't press the point again.)
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to this thread, if I posted the "vote for me" link in my sig, that would be a referral link, no? As would be linking to that thread?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished cleaning up my sig.

Removed my checkbox goals (There were only 2)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
Fatsally93 wrote:
Well, this is EXACTLY what I had:

It goes right to my thread, is that ok, or not?

That's fine to have in your sig, but it's not exempt from the total height restrictions, only the auto-generated stat images (purchased with contribution points) are exempt.

That image is 125px tall, so if you use that you're only allowed 45 pixels of height for other things.

Thnx, I think I'll just leave my sig as is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:
Excellent idea. Anything to de-clutter the forums is good by me.

Just out of curiosity, though...was this set off by one specific incident or signature that just went too far, or has it been in the works since the implementation of the Wiki? (If I'm delving too far into the inner workings of Scorehero by asking this, just let me know and I won't press the point again.)

It was probably because of people like me =/ (My old sig was absolutely ridiculous... hi Ouzo)

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
sandsman52  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty indifferent to this new rule, semi large signatures never really bothered me. Then again, my signature was so big it may have been the one to spark the new rules in the first place.

Anyway, mine has been resized, and I'll just check now to make sure it doesn't exceed the limits

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea. I was so sick of seeing the people going like

LOLZ FC DIS!

Wasn't clever, funny, interesting, or anything. And the checklists being gone are nice too. I already moved my goals to the wiki, so I'm good to go! Thanks for helping keep the forums readable.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would my sig below vvv be against the rules since I have my goals list??

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
Monk  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deimos, my avatar got nuked also, but it was exactly 135x135, or at least that is what i sized it to in photoshop.
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've forced my hand to make a real sig! *shakes fist*

at least, this will do until whenever I get those contribution points for total notes on GH:A hard.... that I never got... when I did them in June.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!

*scurries away to fix siggy*
Set all the tax rates to 9.
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would personally like it slightly larger, but it is nice to have a limit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: