ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Why are there no good WT drums players?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tordana  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Why are there no good WT drums players? Reply with quote

Seems like WT drums have higher scoring potential, yet compare the RB drums high scores:

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=7&game=0&platform=0&size=1&inst=4&diff=4&team=0

to the WT drums:

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=7&game=0&platform=0&size=1&inst=3&diff=4&team=0

RustyWaffle is a good WT drums player but everyone else on that list is getting smoked by the RB drums. o_O
VooDooRex  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most WT drums are faulty, also, the game is Guitar Hero. GUITAR. The main focus is the guitar. With Rockband, the key word is BAND. So it's more focus on a full band game.

What I figure anyway.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me another couple days, I'll be in 2nd place.

I wouldn't have been quite as blunt as the topic title , but I do notice the rankings are...lacking? I'm going to guess this is a first-time drum experience for many players, but because this is Scorehero they feel compelled to play on Expert. Also, there are problems with the drums but I would think most people wouldn't put their faulty-equipment scores in.

I guess we just have to wait for the drum community to grow.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
SomaCruz13  

Location: neither reality nor fantasy but a mere figment beyond even the most intellectual's perception

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once that drum calibration thing is up on Guitarhero.com I think more people will submit scores.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Soma Cruz 13
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomaCruz13 wrote:
Once that drum calibration thing is up on Guitarhero.com I think more people will submit scores.

Well, it IS already up. So hopefully people are using it right now and THEN are going to post. I'm waiting until I have really good scores before posting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look closer and count how many people have actually passed all of the songs. Not many... and one song can equal a lot of points, so that would account for the huge spreads between players. Secondly, since this is GH, the pro drumming people will probably come from the RB side - these are the guys with modded RB kits or whatever fancy thing you can do to plastic drum kits. They're not gonna want to spend that much time with possibly/probably faulty GH:WT drumsets... that's how I figure it anyway. In the end they should even up though, since the drumkit tuning program is up now.

Give it awhile, and compare them again when more people have beaten the game :P
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are good GHWT drummers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/someguy913?ob=4

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mystakin
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Briane  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people, drummers that is, enjoy RB more and feel that's where the real competitive atmosphere is?

I haven't touched WT in almost 2 weeks, back to RB1/RB2 trying to improve scores.

Gimped ION support in GHWT, OD actitivation, Y/R mapping, and an absolutely shitty interface don't make the game as fun as RB for me.

Also the timing window was making me sloppy. Playing BYOB on the different games is night and day. RB is a lot tighter.

I'm just enjoying RB2 and me existing 300ish song collection more I guess?

I might go back to GHWT after I feel I've maxed out my RB2 scores, but right now there's nothing pulling me towards it.
tordana  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
I think a lot of people, drummers that is, enjoy RB more and feel that's where the real competitive atmosphere is?

I haven't touched WT in almost 2 weeks, back to RB1/RB2 trying to improve scores.

Gimped ION support in GHWT, OD actitivation, Y/R mapping, and an absolutely shitty interface don't make the game as fun as RB for me.

Also the timing window was making me sloppy. Playing BYOB on the different games is night and day. RB is a lot tighter.

I might go back to GHWT after I feel I've maxed out my RB2 scores, but right now there's nothing pulling me towards it.

Interesting. Personally, I like drumming on Guitar Hero a gazillion times better than Rock Band. On RB I ALWAYS felt like my pads were dropping notes I was actually playing, causing me to break streaks all over the place. That doesn't happen on GH, with the same equipment! Plus I'm one of the few that likes the star power activation.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
There are good GHWT drummers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/someguy913?ob=4

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mystakin

As flattered as I am, I think he means people who use the GH:WT kit specifically... I have a few vids in GH:WT but they're all using a RB set... but stay tuned for when I actually get the full bundle for some GH:WT kit vids. (shameless plug)

I'm willing to bet once the holidays pass GH:WT kit scores should increase a bit... I just don't think many people have kits right now, and some people's kits are broked.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tordana wrote:
Briane wrote:

Interesting. Personally, I like drumming on Guitar Hero a gazillion times better than Rock Band. On RB I ALWAYS felt like my pads were dropping notes I was actually playing, causing me to break streaks all over the place. That doesn't happen on GH, with the same equipment! Plus I'm one of the few that likes the star power activation.

Timing window or calibration issues I wonder? Not suggesting you're timing is sloppy, just an observation

If the kit isn't missing in RB, I don't think that's a software issue?

I used BYOB simply because, on GHWT I can easily FC the first half of the song, but in RB I'm breaking combo left right and center.

I think someguy commented that it was different based on already FCing it in GHWT but no one doing it yet in RB.
dahabi  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do agree that virtually no one is either good at wt drums or submits scores. (check out scream aim fire on expert...i could get a 1.0x and be in the top 10 lol) but i did come across this guy on youtube who i think is good at drums

http://www.youtube.com/user/deathsketch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the switching up is harder. 4 pads on equal levels are a lot easier to hit then 5 pads with 2 higher. and the extra 15 points per hard hit note aren't exactly shooting you very far ahead...
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to submit a few scores for the lulz

I love LOVE expert drums in this game.
s17ence  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my drumset didn't screw up half of the notes played, I'd be good..

Sometimes when I hit the red pad, the yellow pad goes off.
Also, when I play a R+Y note, the red pad will not register causing me to miss it, which makes my score blow. It's really annoying <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: