ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT Guitar no strum/overstrum FIX (SOLDERING REQ.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf549  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work with the Les Paul? My GH:WT has this condition and so does my Les Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I fixed my world tour guitar using this but I would also like to use my les paul as well. Any help here would be great?
Vandborg  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to open my Wii GH:WT guitar.

There are 4 screws at the top where you plug the other part in, but removing them didn't help, and I don't think brutal force to open it is the answer =\

Any help?
Necromac  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolf549 wrote:
Does this work with the Les Paul? My GH:WT has this condition and so does my Les Paul.
mattdylan99 wrote:
Yeah, I fixed my world tour guitar using this but I would also like to use my les paul as well. Any help here would be great?

The Les Paul uses different switches for strumming, so this wont work for the LP. If you could find the same switches the LP uses, I can't see why this wouldn't work though.
Vandborg wrote:
I can't figure out how to open my Wii GH:WT guitar.

There are 4 screws at the top where you plug the other part in, but removing them didn't help, and I don't think brutal force to open it is the answer =\

Any help?

Here is a thread from the Guitar Modding 101 thread that has a buttload of pictures related to dissasembling the WT guitar... Hopefully that will help

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
saturnin55  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did it today, works perfectly. thanks!
League C - S3 : 13th/19
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, totaly forgot to write my own guide for this, i'll do it tomorrow morning, i got 68 pictures with full details to post, thats gonne be long to write.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! But how do you desoulder? I'm not pro at modding.

My guitar screwed me out of a Cult of personality, 3's and 7's, and Before I Forget FCs..

Another reason for this is the broken strum bar. There's a tab that stops the strummer from going all the way down/up which is attached to the strummer and it breaks off. Both of my down tabs are broken off, which makes down strumming extremely risky on FC runs. Anyone know where I could buy a WT strum bar? lol

also how do you screw the screws on the guitar? I can open them with a small pair or scissors but that can't put them back in. What's it called, the tool you need to turn those things.

Please message me the answers.
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this to mine today. worked beautifully. got the switches at radioshack for $2.79 each. nice cheap fix.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter if I live in Australia?

I'm on a PS3 using the WT Guitar, wanna know if there's anything else I should consider before doing this. Thanks.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mageofpie wrote:
Does it matter if I live in Australia?

I'm on a PS3 using the WT Guitar, wanna know if there's anything else I should consider before doing this. Thanks.

go right away with it

check my photo i tok when i disambled mine. its not in order but at least there's 70 pics or something of the repair.

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/CabanonGH/Sketcher/Original/

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this can be done with the Xplorer, I'm having an issue with double strumming.

Time to add that to the list of mods I have to do. XD

EDIT: Looks like its the same exact switch as my pac-man stick. I need to replace those, I wore the crap out of those. Time to go to radio shack tonight.
Gastogh  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where if either of these switches work;
http://www.yeint.fi/index.php?main=64&productCat=633&productID=14753
http://www.yeint.fi/index.php?main=64&productCat=633&productID=14754
The latter has that odd thing on top that I haven't seen in any other picture of a switch of this type, and I assume it can't be used, so my hopes are riding on the first one. These are so far the only ones remotely similar that I've been able to find.

If neither of those two will do, where could I find appropriate switches either from a store in Finland, or somewhere in the EU? My own Googlings put me in the middle of a maze of websites for electronics stores that don't have the switch I need, and I'd rather not have order a 2€ part from the States and pay god knows what kind of delivery charge for it.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gastogh wrote:
Can anyone tell me where if either of these switches work;
http://www.yeint.fi/index.php?main=64&productCat=633&productID=14753
http://www.yeint.fi/index.php?main=64&productCat=633&productID=14754
The latter has that odd thing on top that I haven't seen in any other picture of a switch of this type, and I assume it can't be used, so my hopes are riding on the first one. These are so far the only ones remotely similar that I've been able to find.

If neither of those two will do, where could I find appropriate switches either from a store in Finland, or somewhere in the EU? My own Googlings put me in the middle of a maze of websites for electronics stores that don't have the switch I need, and I'd rather not have order a 2€ part from the States and pay god knows what kind of delivery charge for it.

the first links dosent work, and the 2nd one is not gonna work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it definite that this switch- http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6452#features - will work? The ones in the picture had levers on top, but this just has a white switch.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demolition23 wrote:
Is it definite that this switch- http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6452#features - will work? The ones in the picture had levers on top, but this just has a white switch.

i'd say yes, anyway its still pretty cheap. the color dosent matter, the important if measurment of the switches and the connector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: